can I leave bcaa's in water for a long time?

quads

Awards
I was just wondering if I could leave my bcaa's (i use a mix of xtend and bulk from NP) in water for prolonged time periods. So if I mix them in the morning in a big jug could I sip it all day long without it losing its effectiveness

P.S. workout arent a problem b/c i get all of it down quicker.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's cool bud, as long as your not leaving them for days as bateria will build up.

DB2000

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
As an add-on question - can you have TOO MUCH BCAA's?

Aside from it getting expensive on the wallet, will there be any adverse effects? I also sip on a bottle of about 6 scoops during the day, and I go through around 12 scoops daily for my two workouts (I separate running from lifting).

It's roughly 200g BCAA's, and since it's extend, I'm also a bit worried about the Citrulline Malate. How much is too much for that? At ~18 scoops a day, that's already 9g CM.

Thanks

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established

Aside from it getting expensive on the wallet, will there be any adverse effects? I also sip on a bottle of about 6 scoops during the day, and I go through around 12 scoops daily for my two workouts (I separate running from lifting).

It's roughly 200g BCAA's, and since it's extend, I'm also a bit worried about the Citrulline Malate. How much is too much for that? At ~18 scoops a day, that's already 9g CM.

Thanks
My understanding is that it can repress seratonin levels. SOme people report feeling down when they take BCAAs. You seem to be over killing the BCAAs. I would think you don't need that much, even if it's not detremental to your health.

I can't say I know enough about overdoing CM.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
200 is not bad IMO

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
I do not know about others, but I would consider 200gr of BCAAs daily on the high side. BCAAs are the only aminos that can cross the blood-brain barrier to reduce fatigue-causing compounds from exerting their effects. BCAAs are also crucial for burning our stubborn "love handles". Yet, I am not sure what the maximum BCAA intake is. One guide, though, is to recall that the BCAAs we consume should be added to our daily protein requirements. Ideally, we should do about 2g or so of proteins per kilo of body weight per day. Much beyond this point, the body would waste the excess proteins. Much below it, the body would be forced to be more economical with proteins.
There might be a mismatch issue if your protein intake is substantially skewed towards BCAAs. Intuitively, I would say about 30g of BCAAs four times per day should be the maximum I would do. If one weighs 300+, then more may be required. While BCAAs are important, we should also take enough total EAAs and non-EAAs.

Regarding Citrulline Malate, up to 6g daily taken in two to three divided doses is the general recommendation.

earlyriser73

earlyriser73

Awards
Back to the original topic I am weary of leaving my Xtend/BCAA's in a bottle for too long. I find that once I finish a bottle that contained water/BCAA's and then leave it empty for a while, then I need to give it a really good clean because if I just refill it with water then the water tastes off. Where as if I clean it out the water is fine. It could just be nothing but I figure if tiny remnants of BCAA in a bottle could turn a foul taste and smell within a couple of hours then so would BCAA's in water left for a couple of hours, just maybe we cant taste it because of the sweet taste of Xtend overpowering it.