How long before diminishing returns with TTA?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard many different opinions on this one, but how long should TTA(TetradecylThioacetic Acid) be ran to avoid negative side effects and maintain its effectiveness? I was thinking of running it during the winter in two week intervals. Something like this-

WKS 1&2 TTA
WKS 3&4 ECA
WKS 5&6 TTA
WKS 7&8 ECA

I know that there are also those that would recommend stacking the two, but I honestly don't like that idea at all.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny, I was typing a non related TTA question at the same time :D

oh and I have no idea as to the answer

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Funny, I was typing a non related TTA question at the same time :D

oh and I have no idea as to the answer
Lol, sorry man. I posted this on another forum weeks ago and have not gotten any worthwhile responses. Hopefully someone in the "know," will respond.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still have other questions on TTA, like is it more advantageous to people who already have low bodyfat, and almost useless to people with higher bodyfat who are doing a moderate (500-800 cal below maintenance) cut. Seems like it would be, as a high bodyfat individual on a moderate cut mostly looses fat anyhow

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
im no expert, at all, but i was reading on dcp, and they added Salvia Miltiorrhiza because it is supposed to prevent it from redepositing fat. idk how true this is, but if it is, i would think taking that with it might be a good idea.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TTA takes a while to build-up in the system, which is why DCP is recommended to run a higher dose for the 1st week. I have used it for 8 weeks before and it was effective throughout the run. I think that ppar-alpha supplements should be the backbone of every cutting stack with thermogenics cycled.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I still have other questions on TTA, like is it more advantageous to people who already have low bodyfat, and almost useless to people with higher bodyfat who are doing a moderate (500-800 cal below maintenance) cut. Seems like it would be, as a high bodyfat individual on a moderate cut mostly looses fat anyhow
Research is still limited, but anecdotally, TTA has been used successfully for those bulking at a low dose (minimising body fat gain), cutting and on a recomp.

It is fine to use at all bodyfat levels. The mechanism by which tta works is by activating PPAR-alpha (thanks Rodja), which when activiated, results in more fat burning units, and increases the enzymes that burn fat.. it also helps with insulin sensitivity, when the fatty acids get taken away from the bloodstream, all of these beneficial to those who are at higher or lower bodyfat percentages.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
im no expert, at all, but i was reading on dcp, and they added Salvia Miltiorrhiza because it is supposed to prevent it from redepositing fat. idk how true this is, but if it is, i would think taking that with it might be a good idea.
Yeah there is a chance that using TTA for extended periods of time may lead to a reversal of the benefits, which is why the SM was deliberately added to prevent this from happening. Because of this, I would venture to say that you could use DCP (not TTA alone) year round, although economic limitations might prevent you from doing so, in which case, cycling on and off would just happen.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard many different opinions on this one, but how long should TTA(TetradecylThioacetic Acid) be ran to avoid negative side effects and maintain its effectiveness? I was thinking of running it during the winter in two week intervals. Something like this-

WKS 1&2 TTA
WKS 3&4 ECA
WKS 5&6 TTA
WKS 7&8 ECA

I know that there are also those that would recommend stacking the two, but I honestly don't like that idea at all.
As Rodja also mentioned, the TTA does take some time to build up in the system, so cycling off at weeks 3-4 might not be that eneficial. Perhaps you could reduce the dosage slightly when you are start the ECA, but ideally, I would like to see you use the TTA for a period of at least 4-6weeks before cycling off.. the fortnightly cycles don't make much sense to me right now.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all of the replies. I got a better feeling about what I want to do now.