Mix with Xtend?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I'm placing a NP order and I want to beef up the Xtend a little...

I was thinking of also mixing it with bulk powder:
- Beta-Alanine (100 grams)

- Essential Amino Acid (EAA) (100 grams)
OR
- L-Leucine (100 grams)

1) Should I get the EAA or just straight L-Leucine?

2) 100g or 500g. . . I'm a little skeptical of how the taste will be mixing all this stuff, I heard the bulk powders aren't that great

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I think beefing up the L-Leucine would be fine. Im not sure but I think thats the primary EAA and also the one that breaks down the fastest during a workout. 500 grams is a lot and might mess around with the taste. 100g of beefed up L-leucine to prevent catabolism wont kill the taste. I was gonna do this in the near future.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Either what Rodja suggested... or POSEIDON with BA in it. Works great for me!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
throw in some Citrulline Malate with something like lemonade extend. Helps prevent buildup of lactic acids which helps increase endurance. The dosages of CM in X-tend is way too little. I hear lemonade is a strong flavor, so adding CM (which has a sour lemon kinda taste) will enhance the flavor and help smooth out the extra L-Leucine.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I have a full container of grape xtend (large tub) and i also have 100g of BA. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to just dump the BA into the xtend and mix, and use as normal. Might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone right?

Anyone see a problem with this? BA is virtually tasteless too.

thanks

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I have a full container of grape xtend (large tub) and i also have 100g of BA. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to just dump the BA into the xtend and mix, and use as normal. Might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone right?

Anyone see a problem with this? BA is virtually tasteless too.

thanks
just get like a clean whisk and mix it around

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Xtend + Man Octane if you can afford it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xtend, plus BA, plus Creatine, plus Kwik Karb

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
I like to add bulk BA and CM to mine.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Either what Rodja suggested... or POSEIDON with BA in it. Works great for me!
I agree POSEIDON with BA. The stuff is simply amazing!

CROWLER

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say a 500g tub of BA is very economical and won't throw off the flavour. Then I would say some straight L-Leucine. It doesn't taste bad if you only add like 3-5g .
Lemonade Xtend is very good at masking the taste of stuff. I never noticed too much of an effect from CM, I bought a 100g tub but I never really added more than 2 or 3g to my peri-WO shake.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say a 500g tub of BA is very economical and won't throw off the flavour. Then I would say some straight L-Leucine. It doesn't taste bad if you only add like 3-5g .
Lemonade Xtend is very good at masking the taste of stuff. I never noticed too much of an effect from CM, I bought a 100g tub but I never really added more than 2 or 3g to my peri-WO shake.
I am a bigger fan of BA than CM, plus BA is more economical.

My pre/during drink is 10 BCAAs, 6g of extra Leucine, 4g of BA in 32 oz of water+4 RPM

tgass

tgass

Awards
Why not some Swell on it, i am just about to order some Xtend and some swell! should be be a nice one!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not some Swell on it, i am just about to order some Xtend and some swell! should be be a nice one!
That is another great option plus it is much more convenient. I used a tub of Swell and it gave me some awesome WO and the Leucine helps with muscle fullness.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
so i'm going with BA and Leucine

how much of each 3 - 5 grams mixed with my xtend?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
just get like a clean whisk and mix it around
Thanks man. I think im going buy on my next order:

LARGE TUB OF XTEND
200G CM
200G BA
poseidon
maybe some CEE OR OCTANE

mix all together in a big pot....stirl around with a clean wisk, then put back in a larger unused protein tub.

Would be interested in to hear some ideas on creating large mixed tubs of preworkout powders....so that you can just scoop and go , but in that scoop it would deliver something to the effect of

15g BCAA
3g CM
3g BA
5g CEE
? g poseidon

stuff like that
thanks
msucurt

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't add the CEE in the mixture; keep it separate and just add it for WO purposes.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't add the CEE in the mixture; keep it separate and just add it for WO purposes.
good point. Other than that, no problem with just scooping and throwing it in water to sip on all day. Actually, im doing that with my grape xtend right now.

thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good point. Other than that, no problem with just scooping and throwing it in water to sip on all day. Actually, im doing that with my grape xtend right now.

thanks
I am waiting for my Xtend and Leucine to get here tomorrow.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Pre-workout cocktail is currently...

Xtend (6 scoops)
beta-alanine (2g)
creatine mono. (5g)
Poseidon (1 scoop)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Thats a nice drink.:cheers:
Yeah. It seems to do the trick. I haven't pinpointed the cause yet, but something in my morning pre-workout regimen is making me a little nauseous during my workout.

Xtend
BA
Creatine mono
Poseidon
CEE (caps 3g)
AAKG (tabs 3g)
Caffeine (tab 200mg)
GTE (cap 500mg)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah. It seems to do the trick. I haven't pinpointed the cause yet, but something in my morning pre-workout regimen is making me a little nauseous during my workout.

Xtend
BA
Creatine mono
Poseidon
CEE (caps 3g)
AAKG (tabs 3g)
Caffeine (tab 200mg)
GTE (cap 500mg)
AAKG can have that effect.