Transdermal Magnesium

greenqueen

Banned
Awards
I just finished a book called, "Transdermal Magnesium", by Doctor Mark Sircus. After reading the book, I have now decided that everyone should have a bottle of this in their medicine cabinet. I have always had a hard time taking magnesium orally, but this stuff is a God send. Talk about sleeping well and feeling like a million bucks. Not to mention the fact that my skin is now as soft as a baby's bottom. Get the book from Amazon and try using magnesium transdermally--you will love it!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer transdermal Spamnesium.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Color me skeptical.

But hey! You could buy 8oz. of the stuff for $30 and throw in a $100 pillow! Or just get the whole "detox kit" for $160! What a deal! Jeez, you'd think it was made by Muscle-Tech with prices like that.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/103-3151696-0117457?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=hpc&field-keywords=Etheric%20Source"]http://www.amazon.com/s/103-3151696-0117457?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=hpc&field-keywords=Etheric%20Source[/ame]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
5 cents for magnesium...$20 for way superior transdermal carrier...what a deal!!!
Yeah buddy! And don't forget, you can buy the 8 oz. sprayer AND the guy's book for only $50!!!! Plus shipping, of course.

I'm in the wrong business. I need to start writing books.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry that I can't let this go yet, but I'm laughing too hard. I couldn't help myself and I clicked on the pillow to read the description...

Found this:

"Contains a uniquely processed and configured zephyr grade crystal that attracts and collects life source energies"

:toofunny:

OK, I might be done now...

Last edited:
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah buddy! And don't forget, you can buy the 8 oz. sprayer AND the guy's book for only $50!!!! Plus shipping, of course.

I'm in the wrong business. I need to start writing books.
"How to make Millions Effortlessly"

Pages 1-200 blank
Page 201 - "Write a stupid book with no useful information and sell it to suckers for $50"
pages 202-300 blank

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ah, I relish in opportunities to whip out my ban stick...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
"How to make Millions Effortlessly"

Pages 1-200 blank
Page 201 - "Write a stupid book with no useful information and sell it to suckers for $50"
pages 202-300 blank
People might catch on to the blank pages though. I'll need to come up with a few thousand incoherent words to slap onto the pages. Maybe I can just pull random posts out of various AM threads. I could call it "Bodybuilding Shortcuts: I did the research for you!"

Catchy, right?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
:D I shoulda said so in the beginnging, my apologies gentlemen

nelix

Awards
  • Established
But uhh, insane prices aside, has anyone tried topical magnesium?

healthnut88

Awards
More on Magnesium Oil

See my post below!

Last edited:

healthnut88

Awards
More on Magnesium Oil

Based on the recommendations above, I read Dr. Sircus's Transdermal Magnesium Therapy and I tried using magnesium oil. Well, it works! Here's what I found.

There are several different types and grades of magnesium oil (magnesium chloride). It is not actually an oil, but just feels "oil-like" because it is so concentrated. One type of magnesium oil comes from filtered ocean water and is often called "ocean minerals magnesium oil." This kind is effective, but it can irritate the skin. It is best used in baths, footbaths, and lotions. The other kind comes from magnesium deposits deep underground (one source is the ancient Zechstein seabed which is 250 million years old). This is usually called "ancient minerals" and is the purest mag oil (no heavy metals), does not irritate the skin nearly as much, and can be used orally (due to its high purity). Of course, the ancient minerals mag oil type costs more, but it may be worth it, esp. if you have sensitive skin, want to take it orally, or are using it on clients. (The ancient minerals is clear due to high purity, while the ocean minerals type tends to be slightly yellow due to mineral content other than magnesium.)

Now for the benefits. I immediately noticed that tense, tight muscles relaxed. This happens almost upon contact! I have used both types directly on skin. The ancient minerals is less "itchy," of course. But the most effective way to use them is to make your own homemade lotion (or add it to your favorite lotion). I read that you can mix equal parts mag oil, coconut oil, and aloe veral gel into a great lotion. This is my favorite. There is virtually no sting, the minerals don't dry and 'crust' on the skin, and the muscles love it. (Occasionally I will take a bath and pour the mag oil into the bath. Soaking feels great, and the oil absorbs into the body nicely when pores are open, but the direct application on the skin using lotion, is more cost effective.)

I also noticed that I slept better, and that I had more energy both for workouts and just in general. I found it interesting that I could be both more relaxed and have more energy. Then I read in Dr. Sircus's book that magnesium simultaneously relaxes muscles (and all tissues down to the cellular level) AND helps cells generate energy (as ATP). In reading the book, of course, you learn that magnesium chloride does many things (including help cardiac health, detoxification, boost DHEA levels, etc.). But what surprised me most was how rapidly some of these effects became noticeable with me, and then my friends, parents, and workout buddies. They all experienced reduced muscle tension and greater energy.

I use magnesium oil every day. I mostly apply the ancient minerals from integrated health, but you can find ancient or seawater types of magnesium oil from several online providers. I'm reading fascinating, new articles by Dr. Mark Sircus on his site (search magnesium oil or international medical veritas association), and I look forward to the next edition of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy. This is the medicine of the future, available now.

I'm also happy because despite the cost of the product (say $100 per 1/2 gallon of ancient minerals), I only use maybe an ounce a day (when I apply my homemade lotion). That's over 2 months of daily use. I've used less than a gallon after many months rubbing lotion.

Meanwhile, my friends thank me, especially two who are massage therapists. The magnesium oil helps them do their work better, and saves their hands by softening their clients muscles faster. The clients are happy too, especially those with knotted muscles. As for myself, my therapist works more deeply, because my muscles "give" right away.

I would also add that there is nothing toxic about this product since it comes from a natural source, e.g., seawater or an ancient seabed. I would not drink it, of course. But I do take a teaspoon or two of the ancient minerals mag oil per day. The ocean minerals mag oil is probably best reserved for external use, but at least one friend mixes it with water, and says it helps with knotted muscles (and skin tone).

Finally, I would definitely recommend reading Dr. Sircus book. There are other good books about magnesium by Dr. Mildred Seelig and Dr. Carolyn Dean, but Dr. Sircus's book deals with transdermal magnesium therapy (i.e., magnesium across the surface of the skin). Transdermal magnesium (as magnesium chloride or "oil") is more rapidly absorbed than oral forms, and can be as effective as intravenous administration, which says a lot.

By way of anecdote, I was ridiculed last year by an MD who told me that it is impossible for magnesium to cross the skin. Not only did he laugh at the idea, but he wouldn't even listen to what I had to say. Too bad for him. He's probably busy doing open heart surgeries. But I can tell you that magnesium DOES cross the skin AND the benefits are everything Dr. Sircus's book promises. It is interesting that hospitals will inject magnesium sulfate solution (the same form as epsom salt) into a heart patient in the emergency room in order to save a life. But medical professionals typically will ignore any suggestion about using magnesium chloride transdermally (which costs less, is not painful, and can be done at home by anyone). I guess it's because Transdermal magnesium won't make pharmaceutical companies rich (no one can patent seawater!), but really this is preventive medicine at its best.

Please note that epsom salt or magnesium sulfate is not as well absorbed as magnesium chloride, and is excreted faster. My old bodyworker swore by epsom salt soaks until I introduced him to magnesium oil.

Like someone else above, I urge everyone to try magnesium oil, and see how it can make a huge difference for your health.

A big thumbs up and thank you to everyone who posted above. My life is forever changed.