• Thread starter A_I_Sports_Nutrition
  • Start date
A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope this is not a stupid question. I am taking Retain 2 during pct for cortisol i understand that Lean Extreme is also used for this purpose.

My question is why for Retain 2 does it say not to use for more than 12 weeks without a break and that does not seem to be the case for Lean Extreme?

If cortisol is such a bad thing increase sugar spikes and muscle eating why would we not want to use a cortisol blocker at all times?

Any help on this would be great i have tried searching but can find no answers as to why it ok to keep running Lean Extreme and not Retain 2:confused:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Did you search the Post Cycle Therapy Forum?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Though I'll bump for a more scientific answer (undoubtedly Sinner will be along shortly...), I will say that in general, it isn't good for the body to become used to any supplement. Whether it is R2 or anything else, cycling off will usually help the system to normalize itself.

And though cortisol can be a nasty substance for those wishing to lose weight or maintain muscle, it still plays a positive roll in your system. Eliminating it would be a bad thing.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Plus, I know that these cortisol blockers (especially Retain 2) can be hard on your joints.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Technically, you could probably stretch it out longer if you wanted to without harm. But I still advise taking a break.

Odd quasi-related story: My boss has to cycle coffee. He drinks it for about a month and then gets too used to it, so he takes a few weeks off and drinks decaf or tea instead. When he gets back to it, 1 cup does him fine in the morning...but eventually he has to go up to 2, then 3...

Moral of the story - there can be too much of a good thing! ;) :thumbsup: