Pre Workout Supps

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Pre Workout Supps

I have a dialema. I like to have a protein drink immedietly when I get up in the morning, generally before my workout. The thing is a lot of the pre-workout supps I have say to take on an empty stomach. I have tried both not eating anything before a work out and taking the pre-workout supps like that. I have also tried not taking the pre-workout supps and drinking a protein drink before workout. I generally have better workouts after having my protein drink. I can't eat anything solid before a workout because it makes me sick. So what should I do?. Should I,

A) Get up drink my whey drink and pre-workout supps and go workout

B) Just skip pre-workout supps all together and have the Whey pre-workout

These are the only 2 things I can think of because I like to get my exercise do right away as soon as I get up. I don't want to sit around all day before I start exercising.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i would say PWO supp first thing....thennnn protein shake

that way u take the PWO supp on an empty stomach AND u get ur protein shake
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

As long as you still feel you're benefiting from taking the supps even with food, then I don't see a problem with it. The only reason you might be better off with just the protein is if you think you're just wasting the supps by taking them with food.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.97%

I would so something like P-Slin with WMS in my protien shake pre-workout. Sometimes with food, you can actually weaken the absorption of caffeine. Ive done some testing and I find that with food things take time to notice (longer to feel the effect) and weaker. Like yesterday, I took Incarnate without food. I know very well how my body reacts to Beta Alanine. The tingles were intense! I felt like I was rashing all over. Other ocassions I take BA after food and the tingle is barely noticed. So depending on you Id say which is more important. Maybe you should try something like RPM. 1 hour pre workout then 45 minutes later whey protien with some WMS. By the time your ready to workout you should have both in your system and your good to go.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%

Also, keep in mind, that when they say empty stomach, it doesn't mean hours after you eat. Eat, give yourself 15 minutes or so to digest(things don't stay in your stomach long at all), then drink your pre-wo drink.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.73%

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Also, keep in mind, that when they say empty stomach, it doesn't mean hours after you eat. Eat, give yourself 15 minutes or so to digest(things don't stay in your stomach long at all), then drink your pre-wo drink.
    Good post!
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

So I can drink my whey drink with first then, wait about 15 minutes and take my pre-workout stuff, and then go workout?. Only takes me about 5 minutes to get the gym from my house, or if I am doing cardio, which I do at home, it would be pretty much right away after I finish my pre-workout stuff.
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post

Thats the thing, I never know because it means diffenrent things to different people. Right now I am using Vasocharge, Fast Twitch, and Phosphagen Elite pre-workout. I only take the Fast Twicth Pre-weights, and skip the Vasocharge pre-weights, as I feel its better for endurance during cardio.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.68%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Thats the thing, I never know because it means diffenrent things to different people. Right now I am using Vasocharge, Fast Twitch, and Phosphagen Elite pre-workout. I only take the Fast Twicth Pre-weights, and skip the Vasocharge pre-weights, as I feel its better for endurance during cardio.
    vasocharge does not need to be taken on an empty stomach.
  10. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.29%

Go ahead with option A. If you take supps like RPM, just increase the dosage a tad (1-2 pills) to compensate for the decresed absorption. I honestly do not feel a difference if I take them with or without food, but that is just me.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

I workout at 6:30am I wake up about 5 drink a shake immediately then I take my Vasoxplode(clumpy) at around 6:15. Never had a problem and it still gives me that good ole Niacin rush.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%

I wake up at 4:50am, immedietly take 3rpm(or whatever pre workout supp), wait 30-45min, eat, wait 20min then go to the gym which takes me about 20min till i am lifting.

That gives me about 30-45 min to let the pwo supp get going on an empty stomach, and another 30-40min after i eat before i lift.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.41%

personally i would just take
    dextrose 30 g
    creatine 10 g
    and caffiene

that and protein shake.
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post
    Go ahead with option A. If you take supps like RPM, just increase the dosage a tad (1-2 pills) to compensate for the decresed absorption. I honestly do not feel a difference if I take them with or without food, but that is just me.
    Thanks. I have been going with the one. I wake up drink my protein and carb slam, drink my phospagen elite, than my vasocharge. Its been working pretty good. Vasocharge has been giving me great energy for cardio.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are YOUR two favorite PRE-workout supps?
    By LakeMountD in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
  2. BEST pre-workout supp EVER!
    By canadian champ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
  3. suggestions for pre-workout supps.
    By gqsuperman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 09:40 PM
  4. Pre- Workout supps