Regarding the TTA from Nutraplanet

Otori

Awards
I have a question about the TTA sold at Nutraplanet. I´ve could have emailed this question but the answer is of value to more people then me.

Question:
Does the product only contain 3-thia fatty acids and no other variations of sulfur substitued fatty acids?

I´m asking this because the metabolic effect radicaly change if the sulfur atom sits at another location within the carbonchain. For example, if the sulfur is moved on step further down in the carbonchain, the effect is quite detremental to ones health. Almost the opposite to the effects of the 3-thia fatty acids.

While I´m at it. Does anyone know of more studies regarding TTA´s effect on the heart muscle? We know that the heart has a very limited ability for v-oxidation and thus these fattyacids will accumulate in the heart and also change the n-3 to n-6 ratio. I would like to learn more about this.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I have a question about the TTA sold at Nutraplanet. I´ve could have emailed this question but the answer is of value to more people then me.

Question:
Does the product only contain 3-thia fatty acids and no other variations of sulfur substitued fatty acids?

I´m asking this because the metabolic effect radicaly change if the sulfur atom sits at another location within the carbonchain. For example, if the sulfur is moved on step further down in the carbonchain, the effect is quite detremental to ones health. Almost the opposite to the effects of the 3-thia fatty acids.

While I´m at it. Does anyone know of more studies regarding TTA´s effect on the heart muscle? We know that the heart has a very limited ability for v-oxidation and thus these fattyacids will accumulate in the heart and also change the n-3 to n-6 ratio. I would like to learn more about this.
In regards to straight TTA, taken for extended periods "may" pose some disadvantages in the redepositing of fat, but this should not be a big deal if taken for short periods of time.

This issue is also addressed in DCP, which seeks to remove the disadvantageous effects of TTA through the addition of the Salvia Miltiorrhiza.

Otori

Awards
In regards to straight TTA, taken for extended periods "may" pose some disadvantages in the redepositing of fat, but this should not be a big deal if taken for short periods of time.

This issue is also addressed in DCP, which seeks to remove the disadvantageous effects of TTA through the addition of the Salvia Miltiorrhiza.
That doesn´t really answer my questions but thank you for your time.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is straight TTA, with no other thiol substitutions.

Otori

Awards
This is straight TTA, with no other thiol substitutions.
Thank you for confirming that.

I´ll need to buy me a few grams so that I can give it a go this spring.

Anyhow. The question regarding the heart and changes in the n-3:n-6 ratio remains.