Who makes the best, most effective Citrulline Malate?

battousaiken

battousaiken

Awards
I was a high school basketball player, and played afterwards until about 21 years-old. Then I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and couldn't play much for 4 years. I am 26 now and began playing/practicing again, since my foot started doing much better.

I read about Citrulline Malate, and how it is very effective for basketball players, but still, I don't know which of the many supplements out there would help me the best.

One more thing is that since I didn't play for 4 years, you can imagine how much weight I gained, just look at any retired basketball player. Because of that, I am also taking Muscletech's Hydroxycut Hardcore, which has helped me shed 15 pounds. So I guess my other question would be, can I continue taking Hydroxycut WHILE taking Citrulline Malate? Or is there any weight loss supplement better than Hydroxycut out there?

Thanks for reading the long post, and I hope you guys can help me.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
go with bulk CM from Nutraplanet if you want citruilline malate.

congrats on the 15lbs...welcome to the board

battousaiken

battousaiken

Awards
go with bulk CM from Nutraplanet if you want citruilline malate.

congrats on the 15lbs...welcome to the board

Thanks. It wasn't easy, and there's still a long way to go, but I'm getting there. I used to be 155lbs in playing shape (I am 5'8), but I maxed out at 215lbs. I am down to 200lbs, but you can see how far I am from my ideal weight.

Last edited:
Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're totally set on CM and know it works for you, I would recommend getting the 500g tub from Nutraplanet ($45 is well spent, I think that's what it is).

CM is underdosed in many people's opinions. I would recommend trying 3-6g a day and seeing how that works for you.

As far as best/most effective, there really is very little difference between citrulline malates except the ratio. It can be a 2:1 Citrulline:Malate or a 1:1 ratio.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me.

Link to Product: Citrulline Malate (500 grams) By NutraPlanet

battousaiken

battousaiken

Awards
If you're totally set on CM and know it works for you, I would recommend getting the 500g tub from Nutraplanet ($45 is well spent, I think that's what it is).

CM is underdosed in many people's opinions. I would recommend trying 3-6g a day and seeing how that works for you.

As far as best/most effective, there really is very little difference between citrulline malates except the ratio. It can be a 2:1 Citrulline:Malate or a 1:1 ratio.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me.

Link to Product: Citrulline Malate (500 grams) By NutraPlanet

That's not a bad price, I'll try it. How about using it in conjunction with Hydroxycut? Do you know anything about that? Thanks.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
That's not a bad price, I'll try it. How about using it in conjunction with Hydroxycut? Do you know anything about that? Thanks.
I dont see a problem with hydroxycut and CM. Like steve said 3-6g of CM per day. I like 3g pre-workout. I do notice the difference.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2:1 is better than 1:1. Nutra's should be fine; if you want a 'formulation', Body Octane is the ****.

Look into Cordygen5 for endurance, too, it's very cheap and has MANY health benefits extending far beyond performance.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
For bulk a bulk powder: NP or Primaforce Citrulline Malate
For a capped product: Millennium Sports Citruvol ( I think they have citruvol xs now?)
For a flavoured product: MAN OCTANE, which also includes beta alanine and other goodies to help with endurance.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ah, good call on Citruvol. It includes Cordygen5 in the caps!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I too would have to go with the Citruvol.