Vitamin b6 overdose?

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering what the max does of vitamin b6 should be. I take about 4 scoops of xtend perday which is about 20mg of b6. Its 1000% rda but it seems like when i take more than 4 scoops im more tired than normal and i read that sever fatigue is a symptom of a b6 overdose. Anybody else notice this or have some suggestions?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering what the max does of vitamin b6 should be. I take about 4 scoops of xtend perday which is about 20mg of b6. Its 1000% rda but it seems like when i take more than 4 scoops im more tired than normal and i read that sever fatigue is a symptom of a b6 overdose. Anybody else notice this or have some suggestions?
Hmmm. I'd like to hear more bout this..

itsrawb

itsrawb

Awards
yea water soluble.. youd piss out the rest..

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
yea water soluble.. youd piss out the rest..
X3! You'd lose the majority in digestion before its even converted in the liver to a viable co-enzymal form. No worries!

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think its just in my head....i havent gotten quite enough sleep (7 hours) so that may have something to do with it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With stress you deplete b vitamins so don't worry about and since your stressing about it now I would take even more lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think ive taken up to 600mg a day before....relax bro.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may not be entirely correct to imply that vitamin b6 is non-toxic.

Apart from differences in our metabolic reactions, some people such as smokers and heavy coffee drinkers have a low level of b6, because smoking and heavy coffee-consumption deplete the vitamin. These individuals would need relatively higher levels of b6 to hit some saturation point versus typical non-smokers.

Furthermore, users of drugs against inflammatory problems of the eyes, GI, skin, and other body parts, as well as antibiotics, and even the estrogen agonist, Raloxifene, would experience depleted b6 levels. Consequently, they would need more b6 than non-users of these drugs, leading to an elevation of the doses required to show toxicity in their bodies.

So, B6, though a water-soluble vitamin, can still be toxic at high doses. A high dose is different for different individuals. Yet, there are some signs of b6 toxicity. These include: tingling and numbness in hands and feet, as well as problems to maintain balance. Fortunately, these symptoms subside when the dose of b6 is reduced.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may not be entirely correct to imply that vitamin b6 is non-toxic.

Apart from differences in our metabolic reactions, some people such as smokers and heavy coffee drinkers have a low level of b6, because smoking and heavy coffee-consumption deplete the vitamin. These individuals would need relatively higher levels of b6 to hit some saturation point versus typical non-smokers.

Furthermore, users of drugs against inflammatory problems of the eyes, GI, skin, and other body parts, as well as antibiotics, and even the estrogen agonist, Raloxifene, would experience depleted b6 levels. Consequently, they would need more b6 than non-users of these drugs, leading to an elevation of the doses required to show toxicity in their bodies.

So, B6, though a water-soluble vitamin, can still be toxic at high doses. A high dose is different for different individuals. Yet, there are some signs of b6 toxicity. These include: tingling and numbness in hands and feet, as well as problems to maintain balance. Fortunately, these symptoms subside when the dose of b6 is reduced.
would that correlate to high levels of prolactin in those users that smoke, drink coffee, use the drugs you listed? Since b6 is used to lower prolactin levels? just curious.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
would that correlate to high levels of prolactin in those users that smoke, drink coffee, use the drugs you listed? Since b6 is used to lower prolactin levels? just curious.
Estrogen agonists can be used in the suppression of prolactin secretion. These same estrogen agonists also deplete b6 levels, implying a correlation between the consumption of estrogen agonists, low prolactin levels and low b6 levels. I may be wrong, but I have not come across the use of b6 alone as a pathway for prolactin surpression. Straight prolactin-reduction drugs include Bromocriptine, Pergolide, and Dostinex.

A combination of b6, b12, folate, and trimethylglycine, though, significantly reduces homocysteine levels, if you meant this. Furthermore, some nutrients promote apoptosis (programmed cancer-cell death), including selenium, vitamin a, green tea, curcumin, and vitamin d3. But I am sure you meant something else when you connected b6 intake with prolactin reduction.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
significantly reduces homocysteine levels...thats what i meant. ;)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
B6 is water soluble (so is C and all B's) meaning you can't overdose on it. Any excess is excreted via urine. However, you can overdose on fat soluble vitamins A,D,E and K.