Supps for CKD

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Supps for CKD

I have my bulk on lock down and its going great. Now I need to set my sites on my CKD comming up in about 5 weeks. As most of you know i like to plan ahead with stacks and what not. Here's the plan so far

-BCAA's (20gr sipped on thru the day in 1gal H2O)
    -Leucine (pre/during/post)
    -Some type of pre-workout drink
    -Bulk 1-carboxy (powerFULL)
    -DCP/Levi combo

I'm also going to be mega-doseing fish oil (30-40gr/day) and doing 25-30gr glutamine post-workout. (Both from Charles Poliquin)

Is there anything that looks like it'd be good to add or take out. I'm not takeing out the Glutamine, you may not like it but I do

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just so people know CKD is the same as the anabolic diet. All based around no carbs/high fat/mod protein for a number of days and then a glycogen load for 12-48hrs.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Perhaps some beta-alanine and cissus just to top it off; looks great already, though. Good luck.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just started a keto diet as well. I'm doing twice weekly refeeds though. Your list sounds pretty good already.. I'm doing DCP before meals (and one serving pre-workout), Gut health morning and night (helps for high protein intake), fish oil, green tea, any stim (only if I'm really dragging). Workout supps: I might do a combo of bcaas/man octane (ba, cit malate etc). I've run out of creatine but when I get that back I'll be adding that in..

What else.. if you're hungry during the day you might consider an appetite suppressant like zappetite, or 5htp/zmk before bed (some people find it hard to sleep on keto? I'm usually fine though), you could also do some noots if you wanna keep your mood up.. pea or 1-3dimethyl.. oh yeah, would be good to add in some fibre- psyllium husks or flaxseed (ground, not the oil). Some na-r-ala or glucophase for your carb up days, or to get you back into ketosis quicker (maybe AP as well, but I'm yet to try it). You could also add sesamin/cla, but if you're already getting stacks of fat on keto it might not be necessary..

Calcium and multi too.. there's a severe lack of some vitamins/minerals on keto.. um I think that's it, use whatever whenever as needed
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Calcium and multi too.. there's a severe lack of some vitamins/minerals on keto.. um I think that's it, use whatever whenever as needed
    No there isn't. Carbs leach vitamins and minerals from your body. Fats and proteins restore them. The body is MADE from fats and proteins. Any vitamin you can get from a plant, you can get from an animal product.

Keto diets are very rich in vitamins. Vegetarian diets are highly deficient in them. Two opposite ends of the spectrum.

You're 180 degrees off the mark, I'm afraid.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shades View Post
    No there isn't. Carbs leach vitamins and minerals from your body. Fats and proteins restore them. The body is MADE from fats and proteins. Any vitamin you can get from a plant, you can get from an animal product.

Keto diets are very rich in vitamins. Vegetarian diets are highly deficient in them. Two opposite ends of the spectrum.

You're 180 degrees off the mark, I'm afraid.

Sorry I must be mistaken then. So how much vitamin C can I get from eating meat?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.95%

Sorry I must be mistaken then. So how much vitamin C can I get from eating meat?
    well i get alot of vitamin c from my meat...i feed my cows oranges.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.32%

That looks alot of protein supplements for a CKD ~70g, not much room left for real food.

With regard to protein intake and ketosis, i'm assuming the body treats BCAA's and Glutamine the same as real food protein sources.
    If it doesn't, let me know because i'm setting up a TKD for the new year and it would be useful to know.

You could add bulk Sesathin to your stack.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
    That looks alot of protein supplements for a CKD ~70g, not much room left for real food.

With regard to protein intake and ketosis, i'm assuming the body treats BCAA's and Glutamine the same as real food protein sources.
    If it doesn't, let me know because i'm setting up a TKD for the new year and it would be useful to know.

You could add bulk Sesathin to your stack.
    No it doesn't. Leucine is a ketogenic amino acid. Isoleucine can go eaither way.

Asian Babe thank you for your input. I dont know why i didn't think of CLA/Sesea combo. I'm sittin on an 8oz bottle of Sesamin Oil With NP price on CLA I'll pick up 4 or 5 bottles. I have enjoyed it previously at 6gr a day. Keep me updated on your progress por favor!!

Big Asian,feeding oranges to your cows for vit c =BRILIANT!!! good stuff man
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You forgot about Glutamine, using Glutamine post workout like that will throw you out of ketosis. It will replenish liver glycogen through glucogenesis.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    No it doesn't. Leucine is a ketogenic amino acid. Isoleucine can go eaither way.
    So are you counting the 20g BCAA's (+15g leucine) in your protein intake or just adding the cals onto your total cals?

I'm thinking a TKD+Anabolic pump for my pending cut will be better than the CKD i did last summer.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    You forgot about Glutamine, using Glutamine post workout like that will throw you out of ketosis. It will replenish liver glycogen through glucogenesis.
    Good catch. I totally forgot about that. Reps bro. Cool thats another $25 to spend on other goodies,lol.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
    So are you counting the 20g BCAA's (+15g leucine) in your protein intake or just adding the cals onto your total cals?

I'm thinking a TKD+Anabolic pump for my pending cut will be better than the CKD i did last summer.
    No Im not counting them to anything. I never have before and everything has worked out. I have no science or anything behind it, I dont think anyone really counts them twords protein cal's because they work differently then 1gram of complete protein I think.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.02%

I have my bulk on lock down and its going great. Now I need to set my sites on my CKD comming up in about 5 weeks. As most of you know i like to plan ahead with stacks and what not. Here's the plan so far

-BCAA's (20gr sipped on thru the day in 1gal H2O)
    -Leucine (pre/during/post)
    -Some type of pre-workout drink
    -Bulk 1-carboxy (powerFULL)
    -DCP/Levi combo

I'm also going to be mega-doseing fish oil (30-40gr/day) and doing 25-30gr glutamine post-workout. (Both from Charles Poliquin)

Is there anything that looks like it'd be good to add or take out. I'm not takeing out the Glutamine, you may not like it but I do
    I'm CKD maniak. I just finshed my 12 weeks of CKD. You really don't need supps besides vitamines and minerals. But I'm supplement maniac too, so I can recommend (if you really need buy something ):
    My favourite (most helpfull):
    Leptigen Basic - when was available (best supps for CKD I've ever had, steady fatloss all the time, I hope DSADE release it again sometime)
    Gut Health - I have never been sick since I' first time bought Gut health (1 year I think ). I got some kind illness almost every time I did CKD before. I think that supplement deserve more respect.
    Psyllium husk - good for .........
    some kind appetite/energy supp Lev/DCP looks great. I used MAN Scorch. It's best stim/fat burner I have ever used so far. DCP alone is good apetite supressant.
    Mega dosing Fish oil - good decision

Deluxe supps (not necessary, for rich man ):
    Sesathin, Some kind testosterone booster formula (I used Dermacrine/Sustain), MAN Blueprint, MAN BodyOctane......

No protein supps - waste of money and time (only around workouts), you have plenty protein from meat,eggs, cheese.......
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.26%

Good catch. I totally forgot about that. Reps bro. Cool thats another $25 to spend on other goodies,lol.
    That's because Toad is a Keto Master, lol. It's tha only way I know how to get ripped to shreds. Lots of trial and error in my 7 years of bbing experience.

If you like PowerFULL you definitely will want to be on that as it's very synergistic with this type of diet.

P-Slin + Na-RALA for Carb-ups
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.26%

Quote Originally Posted by markoni View Post
    No protein supps - waste of money and time (only around workouts), you have plenty protein from meat,eggs, cheese.......
    Not completely, I would still opt to hit particular calories goals. Blends with no carbs/fat can be clutch. Ultra Peptide is great for this.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

I was thinking of useing Yellow Gold for carb ups. I have about 30, 500mg caps sitting around. That and Vanadyl Sulfate.

I was going to use whey/casien bled post-workout. 1 scoop of each (50gr total).

I'll look into gut health. I always take NOW digestive Enzymes and Im about out so I'll pick p gut health next time.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Toad what are your stats? You look pretty lean in the avy, you got any CKD pic's?
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    That's because Toad is a Keto Master, lol. It's tha only way I know how to get ripped to shreds. Lots of trial and error in my 7 years of bbing experience.

If you like PowerFULL you definitely will want to be on that as it's very synergistic with this type of diet.

P-Slin + Na-RALA for Carb-ups
    Toad do dose the p-full any differently for ckd? I use it pre-workout and 1/2 hour before bed. Out of curiosity why does it work well with low carb dieting? Great tip on glutamine usage and ckd btw.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.86%

what fish oils are you going to use D.W.?
  21. constant recomp
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

IntrAbolic =intra-workout

7g whey hydro
    5g L-Leucine
    3.2g Beta-Alanine
    free-form amino acids
    electrolytes

and only 2g of carbs!

IntrAbolic FAQ
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by sf9ersfan8 View Post
    what fish oils are you going to use D.W.?
    I'm currently useing NOW omega-3's but with NP's 1000caps for $21, I think I may use those.

My guess on the P-Full is because carbs can blunt the release of GH from Powerfull. With no carbs there's a lesser chance for the levels to be negated. I'm I about right Toad?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7 View Post
    IntrAbolic =intra-workout

7g whey hydro
    5g L-Leucine
    3.2g Beta-Alanine
    free-form amino acids
    electrolytes

and only 2g of carbs!

IntrAbolic FAQ
    Ohh boy, me likey. I dont see it at NP though
  24. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

Ohh boy, me likey. I dont see it at NP though
    It's 100% there, they will have it displayed on their website by the end of the day, they tell me!

The feedback so far has been exceptional. Check out the log section, as there are a bunch of people logging IntrAbolic with our beta-alanine formula IntraXCell.

PM me if you have any Q's
  25. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%
  26. constant recomp
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Athletic Edge N View Post
    :bruce2:
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

New List

Ok so after a few days of discussion this is what im running with, I'm dropping the pre-workout cocktail......

-20gr BCAA's sipped on in a gezzy of water
    -AN Intra-Bolic (only workout days will last the whole diet )
    -Bulk 1-carboxy (1/4t-1/2t pre and before bed)
    -DCP/Levi combo
    -NP beta-alanine caps (1 pre&post)
    -Creatine Mono (5gr pre&post)--Mega-Dose on carb load (25gr/day)
    -Leucine (5gr pre-workout)
    -Mega-Dose Fish Oil (30gr)

Since I have it I'm gonna do Primaforce Sesamin Oil and NP CLA (2gr 3x's day)
  28. constant recomp
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ok so after a few days of discussion this is what im running with, I'm dropping the pre-workout cocktail......

-DCP/Levi combo

Looks great man! Let us know how you like IntrABolic!
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

As much as your body needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.02%

-DCP/Levi combo

Megadose Fish Oil with Sesamin an DCP could be too much. I think you should cut dose fishoil to 10g/day. You can possibly get some lethargy and loss of libido if you take too much of them.
    But you can try, and report back how is it going.
  31. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.19%

Good read so far! I am on Day 1 of CKD, going to give it a go, and see how my body does on a no carb diet.

Any of you successfully use a CKD diet for gaining mass, rather then strictly cutting?
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.82%

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good read so far! I am on Day 1 of CKD, going to give it a go, and see how my body does on a no carb diet.

Any of you successfully use a CKD diet for gaining mass, rather then strictly cutting?
    I am using it for mass now, more of a tkd tho as i do eat carbs around my workout (waxy maize). So far so good, i felt like crap the first week but now its like my energy levels are constant. Plus eating meat and eggs all day is fun lol.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

One more week!!!!! I've decided to change the supp's due to beeing selected to log Nimbus Nutrition's BLAST!!!!

Here's the new list
    Training days (no carbs)
    -Leucine 5gr pre/post
    -Creatine Mono 5gr pre/post
    -Bulk 1 Carboxy (dosed same as powerfull caps)
    -3servings Xtend in gallon jug drank thru day
    -Blast 1-2scoops pre weights & cardio
    ~Beta-Alanine 2-3gr pre/post (maybe)

Carb Load 24-36hrs
    -Leucine 3gr (with P-Slin am/afternoon/night)
    -Creatine Mono 5gr 5x's/day
    -P-Slin 15min before Breakfast/lunch/dinner
    -Bulk 1-Carboxy (2 am/pm)
    -3servings Xtend in gallon jug drank thru day
    -Blast 1 scoop am/afternoon
    ~Beta-Alanine 1gr am/afternoon

*I cut out the AEN product because of beeing selected for Blast and also the DCP/Leviathan for now. I will add the DCP/Leviathan combo later down the road, probably the final 4 weeks to really help give me a kick in the arse.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just a bump to see how it is all working out for you
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.54%

Just so people know CKD is the same as the anabolic diet. All based around no carbs/high fat/mod protein for a number of days and then a glycogen load for 12-48hrs.
    The anabolic diet is not a CKD. The goal of the AD is not ketosis, which is very catabolic.
    The vanadyl sulfate that you said you have is very good, but I don't know how you will be effected by the yellow gold. I've been experimenting with anabolic pump on my carb ups which on a normal high carb diet worked very well for me but now just makes me bloated as hell. Dessicated liver tabs are good supp as well if you are on a cyclic diet.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    The anabolic diet is not a CKD. The goal of the AD is not ketosis, which is very catabolic.
    The vanadyl sulfate that you said you have is very good, but I don't know how you will be effected by the yellow gold. I've been experimenting with anabolic pump on my carb ups which on a normal high carb diet worked very well for me but now just makes me bloated as hell. Dessicated liver tabs are good supp as well if you are on a cyclic diet.
    I'm sorry from what I've read they were similar so I put them together as the same. Ignorance on my part. I didn't look into the anabolic diet very far. Botch could you PM me with the parameters of the anabolic diet?

Update. On day three and I finally feel normal. The last 2days sucked, headaches, weakness etc....Today I feel pretty good. I love not feeling bloated at all. But I also dont like feeling "flat" either. I did get a little stomach bloat after takeing my 1-Carboxt this am but I think that may be from a GI back up
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the best supp.for elbow + joint pain
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. Best supps for PH cycle (bulking)
    By Doko in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
  3. Any recommended supps for CKD or Palumbo Diets?
    By swankinrosco in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 04:33 AM
  4. Supps for clen and methyl cycle
    By SwoleT in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 12:30 AM
  5. Supps for Damn Rotator Cuff!
    By yourdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:47 PM