Anyone else noticed this from Drive and RPM?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That it puts you in a really great mood? :D I did a little searching around b/c I noticed this:

J Neural Transm. 1996;103(12):1463-7.Links
A preliminary study of possible psychoactive effects of intravenous forskolin in depressed and schizophrenic patients. Short communication.
Bersudsky Y, Kotler M, Shifrin M, Belmaker RH.

Ministry of Health Mental Health Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel.

Forskolin is a unique activator of adenylate cyclase that bypasses membrane receptors and directly raised levels of the second messenger cyclic AMP. Depressed patients and schizophrenic patients with negative symptoms have been reported to have reduced cyclic AMP levels. In the first study of forskolin in psychiatry, we gave iv forskolin in a 75 minute infusion to four depressed and five schizophrenic patients. All four depressed patients showed a transient mood elevation or stimulation, as did two of the five schizophrenic patients.

Br J Psychiatry. 1988 May;152:665-9.Links
Cyclic AMP second-messenger signal amplification in depression.
Ebstein RP, Lerer B, Shapira B, Shemesh Z, Moscovich DG, Kindler S.

Jerusalem Mental Health Center, Ezrath Nashim Hospital, Israel.

Beta-adrenergic-mediated cyclic AMP accumulation was reduced in lymphocytes obtained from depressed patients from that observed in an age- and sex-matched group of control subjects. Among the depressed patients, those not responding to treatment showed significantly lower pretreatment responses to isoproterenol compared with patients who exhibited significant clinical improvement during antidepressant treatment. Late-night (terminal) insomnia was significantly associated with the blunted response to beta-adrenergic stimulation. In depressed patients with the lowest isoproterenol response, the effect of forskolin (which acts distal to the receptor and directly stimulates the catalytic subunit) on cyclic AMP accumulation was also significantly decreased. This suggests that post-receptor modulations of signal amplification also play a role in the reduced response to beta-adrenergic stimulation in depression.

Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2005 Dec;82(4):686-94. Epub 2005 Dec 27.Click here to read Links
Antidepressant-like effect of icariin and its possible mechanism in mice.
Pan Y, Kong L, Xia X, Zhang W, Xia Z, Jiang F.

State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Immunobiological Laboratory, Institute of Functional Biomolecule, Nanjing University, PR China.

The behavioral, neurochemical and neuroendocrine effects of icariin isolated from Epimedium brevicornum were investigated in behavioral despair models of KunMing strain of male mice. Icariin was found to significantly shorten immobility time in the forced swimming test (FST) after orally administration for 21 consecutive days. Icarrin also produced a marked reduction in immobility time in the tail suspension test (TST) when administered for at least 7 consecutive days. The preferable antidepressant action by icariin was obtained at 17.5 and 35 mg/kg in the present study. Moreover, it was observed that the stress of FST exposure induced increases in brain monoamine oxidase (MAO) A and B activities, serum corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) levels, as well as decreases in brain monoamine neurotransmitter levels. Treatment of icariin for 21 consecutive days mainly reversed the above effects in the mouse FST. These results suggested that icarrin possessed potent antidepressant-like properties that were mediated via neurochemical and neuroendocrine systems.

I have noticed that over the last two months- I have been in a great mood just about constantly!!! This seems to directly correlate with starting Drive, along with RPM :D

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Hmn, now that you mention it after Drive dosages I dont feel like jumping for joy, but I do feel that my mood has been slightly elevated. I can relate even today, 1 hour after Drive dosages I felt euphoric. It's a weird sense of feeling, but for sure I feel more alert and aware. Tough to explain.

edit- I also took RPM today, Maybe the extra icariin in that helped to elevate my mode. It's a great feeling when you hit the gym if you ask me. Caffeine to give you that extra boost of energy, Drive and RPM working together to give you that mood enhancement to lift. I do find mood affects my lifts and lately the lifts have been pretty stable.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
i Definetly have that feeling.. but yet i have aggression in the gym. Kinda cool. Im only taking drive though not rpm with it. Today before the gym was 2 drive and 24mg of ephedrine.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i Definetly have that feeling.. but yet i have aggression in the gym. Kinda cool. Im only taking drive though not rpm with it. Today before the gym was 2 drive and 24mg of ephedrine.
Try RPM some time with it, I think that because of the icariin in Drive, RPM with Drive can be felt right away in terms of mood enhancement. Like for today for example, I take Drive with X-Factor for the most part but today I decided since it was a leg work out I popped 2 RPMs. 2 Drive + 2 RPM lifted my mood greatly. I didn't feel the caffeine however which is good in my opinion. The mood enhancement is just as good for mentally pumping yourself at the gym anyways. I look at it like this, Caffeine can give you that boost of energy from caffeine but if your just not in the zone because other stuff is on your mind, reguardless of caffeine your lifts are going to suffer. Just my 2 cents. I noticed this from my personal experiences so others may feel differently about it.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Try RPM some time with it, I think that because of the icariin in Drive, RPM with Drive can be felt right away in terms of mood enhancement. Like for today for example, I take Drive with X-Factor for the most part but today I decided since it was a leg work out I popped 2 RPMs. 2 Drive + 2 RPM lifted my mood greatly. I didn't feel the caffeine however which is good in my opinion. The mood enhancement is just as good for mentally pumping yourself at the gym anyways. I look at it like this, Caffeine can give you that boost of energy from caffeine but if your just not in the zone because other stuff is on your mind, reguardless of caffeine your lifts are going to suffer. Just my 2 cents. I noticed this from my personal experiences so others may feel differently about it.
Yeah im definetly going to give it a try on my next order with the drive and rpm combo. I just started drive two days ago and im definetly starting to feel it already.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Yeah im definetly going to give it a try on my next order with the drive and rpm combo. I just started drive two days ago and im definetly starting to feel it already.
:run:

It took me up till about day 8 to reap in the benefits in terms of lifting from Drive. 5-10 pounds and some pretty hefty endurance is what you can expect from it after 15 days or so. I do remember the sense of euphoria however on day 4-5. It was more of that focused, alert feeling without the stim feeling. It feels pretty good but just wait until your lifts start to go up and you start to lean out. I somehow got myself into a recomp effect while on a clean bulk. I keep my diet clean due to X-Factor my calories high and Im starting to see my abs agian. Sick stuff.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
:run:

It took me up till about day 8 to reap in the benefits in terms of lifting from Drive. 5-10 pounds and some pretty hefty endurance is what you can expect from it after 15 days or so. I do remember the sense of euphoria however on day 4-5. It was more of that focused, alert feeling without the stim feeling. It feels pretty good but just wait until your lifts start to go up and you start to lean out. I somehow got myself into a recomp effect while on a clean bulk. I keep my diet clean due to X-Factor my calories high and Im starting to see my abs agian. Sick stuff.
Awsome man, good to hear! How much do you weight though? Cause right now im @ 187ish prolly around 14 % bf and im taking 4 drive per day..

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Awsome man, good to hear! How much do you weight though? Cause right now im @ 187ish prolly around 14 % bf and im taking 4 drive per day..
Well the last time i weighed myself was a few days ago but I did have some water before I weighed in. I was 199 about 14%-15% BF. I weighed in at 195 flat like 2-3 weeks ago before I started Drive and X-Factor though. Ramp your dosages up to 6 caps per day. You'll feel the sense of euphoria better, and your lifts will go up. The recommended dosage for EVERYONE should be 6 caps. You might also experience some toilet problems on Drive. The forkslean is a little too much to handle for certian people. If you have lots of problems with that though, ramp up your dosages from 4-6 to set your tolerance, and after about maybe 7-8 days on 6 caps drop it down to 4. I went from 6 straight caps from day 1 to about day 15. I had some stomach issues because of that. I ramped down my dosages down to 4. The reason you do this is because of cAMP loading I believe. I ramped down my dosages 2 days ago and my workout went just as well as when I was on 6 caps.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
RPM + Drive makes me randomly bust into the Running-Man at the most inopportune moments. Love it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, noticed it right from the start. Have noticed mood improvement on Forskohlin before but this combo goes above and beyond. I've been doing tons of field work for the last 3 weeks straight with no end in sight. Normally that would have me dragging arse and being pretty overwhelmed but I seem to be floating right along. Definite boost in nuerotransmitter or regeneration of them..either way it's great.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RPM + Drive makes me randomly bust into the Running-Man at the most inopportune moments. Love it.
at least it doesn't randomly make you run into the Burning Man, that would suck.

I didn't take RPM when I was taking Drive, but I can't wait to check this out. Then again, i'm usually in a pretty good mood :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunno what happy version you guys are taking, but it makes me ****ing angry. :p

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My impression of combined supplementation with Drive and RPM is that the fine-tuning of the dosage should not be underestimated. By the way, I am currently on my second bottle of Drive and about to start my third bottle of RPM, so I can look back on some experience. I took the first bottle of RPM without Drive.

The weight-dependent dosage recommendations on the bottles are simply that: general dosage guidance. Not more. I applaud AN for going the extra length to do this. Many supplement companies just recommend the same amount per user, independent of weight. Yet, you should experiment for yourself in terms of what dosages represent your so-called "sweet spot". Once you hit that, you will be amazed at the versatility and potency of the products, unleashed by the synergistic interactions of the different compounds in the blends.
RPM and Drive, whether taken together (preferred) or as stand-alones, are truly unique and innovative products and I consider it disheartening to have to cycle them. Wish I could take them indefinitely.

Anyway, play with the dosages and figure out what works for you. That way, you would be able to report a lot more benefits from them beyond feeling good, which in itself is progress ;)

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed some small relief from symptoms, but tolerance to any mood elevation at a constant dosage seemed to develop after 2-3 weeks for me.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Going on 5 weeks of mood elevation for me- I love it!!

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Well the last time i weighed myself was a few days ago but I did have some water before I weighed in. I was 199 about 14%-15% BF. I weighed in at 195 flat like 2-3 weeks ago before I started Drive and X-Factor though. Ramp your dosages up to 6 caps per day. You'll feel the sense of euphoria better, and your lifts will go up. The recommended dosage for EVERYONE should be 6 caps. You might also experience some toilet problems on Drive. The forkslean is a little too much to handle for certian people. If you have lots of problems with that though, ramp up your dosages from 4-6 to set your tolerance, and after about maybe 7-8 days on 6 caps drop it down to 4. I went from 6 straight caps from day 1 to about day 15. I had some stomach issues because of that. I ramped down my dosages down to 4. The reason you do this is because of cAMP loading I believe. I ramped down my dosages 2 days ago and my workout went just as well as when I was on 6 caps.
Awsome man, thanks for the info! I think i will try ramping it up like you suggested after a week or so

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Awsome man, thanks for the info! I think i will try ramping it up like you suggested after a week or so
ramp up then ramp down. Convient to avoid toilet issues and get Drive kicking in full gear. Tell me how it goes.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I just got a sample of RPM and Drive with my Cytolean and when I took it, it made me feel very similar to when I took albuterol - kinda' energized all around and very alert.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
K will do man. Seems ill need to get another bottle sooner :blink:
well, if you do the mixed protocol with RPM, you take less of both. handy if you were already an RPM user :)

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
My impression of combined supplementation with Drive and RPM is that the fine-tuning of the dosage should not be underestimated. By the way, I am currently on my second bottle of Drive and about to start my third bottle of RPM, so I can look back on some experience. I took the first bottle of RPM without Drive.

The weight-dependent dosage recommendations on the bottles are simply that: general dosage guidance. Not more. I applaud AN for going the extra length to do this. Many supplement companies just recommend the same amount per user, independent of weight. Yet, you should experiment for yourself in terms of what dosages represent your so-called "sweet spot". Once you hit that, you will be amazed at the versatility and potency of the products, unleashed by the synergistic interactions of the different compounds in the blends.
RPM and Drive, whether taken together (preferred) or as stand-alones, are truly unique and innovative products and I consider it disheartening to have to cycle them. Wish I could take them indefinitely.

Anyway, play with the dosages and figure out what works for you. That way, you would be able to report a lot more benefits from them beyond feeling good, which in itself is progress ;)
Sweet. Im taking RPM, Drive, and IGF2. Im only on day 6, so Ive been waiting to see if it will start kicking in within the next couple days, but Ive really been wanting to play with the dosing. Reading your post makes me really want to up it a few. Im right at 180lbs. right now and Im taking 4 RPM, 4 Drive, and 9 IGF2. Should I just bump them up to the doses for the max weights listed or maybe just tweak on or two at a time?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give it another few days before starting to play with it, and leave the igf-2 as it it for a few more days past. probably you are already getting pretty close to full effect from drive, withing 10 days anyhow

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
When does this mood elevation kick in? I finally got my Drive sample and I should be getting my NP order with a bottle of drive in it any day now. I took 3 caps of RPM and 3 drive pre and post workout today. After my RPM samples are gone that will be it for RPM (just cant handle the chocomine)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When does this mood elevation kick in? I finally got my Drive sample and I should be getting my NP order with a bottle of drive in it any day now. I took 3 caps of RPM and 3 drive pre and post workout today. After my RPM samples are gone that will be it for RPM (just cant handle the chocomine)
I do not think there is a pre-defined time for the mood elevation to kick in. Metabolic reactions are different. Some may feel it on the first dose, some after a few days. The main point about Drive is that the effects are cumulative and kick in, on average, after Day 8 or so. At the "right" dosage.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet. Im taking RPM, Drive, and IGF2. Im only on day 6, so Ive been waiting to see if it will start kicking in within the next couple days, but Ive really been wanting to play with the dosing. Reading your post makes me really want to up it a few. Im right at 180lbs. right now and Im taking 4 RPM, 4 Drive, and 9 IGF2. Should I just bump them up to the doses for the max weights listed or maybe just tweak on or two at a time?
I recall AN recommending a loading period of about 8 to 10 days for Drive at 2 x 3 capsules per day. This way, your cellular concentrations of the actives are sufficiently elevated to trigger the required effects. Afterwards, if you feel like it, you might cut the dose to 2 x 2 capsules to sustain those levels.
You may not need to increase RPM, but it depends on how you feel the impact.
IGF-2 appears fine.
Solid stack!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I do not think there is a pre-defined time for the mood elevation to kick in. Metabolic reactions are different. Some may feel it on the first dose, some after a few days. The main point about Drive is that the effects are cumulative and kick in, on average, after Day 8 or so. At the "right" dosage.
I plan to run it at 6 caps a day. Anything over that uses up the bottle just too fast....

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I plan to run it at 6 caps a day. Anything over that uses up the bottle just too fast....
I understand that concern. Yet, in my opinion, it is more important to get the most out of a supplement in terms of results versus maximizing the duration of the supplementation. If that means that it does not last as long as we wish, then so be it. As long as it works for us. I used your approach (maximum stretch) with my first bottle of IGF-2. I am about 240 lbs. I dosed it at 3 x 3 per day, to get the longest stretch. I did not get as much from it as I should have, in terms of results. That changed with the second bottle. I am currently at 4 x 3 per day, although I did 5 x 3 for a full week to load the actives. Now, I see the results differently. Anyway, ultimately, it is your call, Sir!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Well I only got one bottle to see how I liked it. If I like it I will probably get 2 bottles in my next order. Who knows...

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
definet mood increase, noticed this from the very start.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good post!! Every person is different when it comes to their reaction to a supplement (or drug)- I felt the mood elevating effects starting about day 7, but some people feel them earlier....

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am definitely more bold and talkative in social situations. Also, I feel better while on Drive, like I'm more alert and confident.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am definitely more bold and talkative in social situations. Also, I feel better while on Drive, like I'm more alert and confident.
:) :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man o man, I can't wait till this xfactor / superdrol ng log i'm doing is done so I can hit drive again :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not bad, i'm still cutting so i'm down around 5lbs at day 18 of x-factor, gaining additional definition. Added rpm + drive in yesterday so should really see stuff move now :woohoo:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good post!! Every person is different when it comes to their reaction to a supplement (or drug)- I felt the mood elevating effects starting about day 7, but some people feel them earlier....
.... or later :D

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Drive/Xfactor/superdrol ng looks solid, you must be making some very nice gains man!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm going to start raising calories some next week, right now i'm around 800 below maintenance

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still under maintenance I think , but more like 300-400 under. I may raise total cals by 800-1000, from where I am now, but add more cardio in to stay below maintenance. not sure I want to bulk at all. I could go right up to maintenance I guess, and just shoot for recomp. i'm still pondering it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mostly i'm just happy to be taking drive tho :D

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
yep - i generally got a good feeling of well-being from rpm and now drive.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I'd give it another few days before starting to play with it, and leave the igf-2 as it it for a few more days past. probably you are already getting pretty close to full effect from drive, withing 10 days anyhow
Day 13 now, and i think its getting into full swing. I was getting concerned about it, but now I think Im going to like it. I was worried because I didnt get the "OMG I love it" from day 1 like some ppl have claimed with the drive and more so, RPM. I was more like "OMG did I waste my money?" lol. But I got an incredible back workout yesterday after 2 off days. I could have kept working out for another 2 or 3 hours. Looking forward to chest today!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool beans! That I think is one of the difficulties of this lifestyle, particularly with all natural supplements. Theres a big variation in how people respond, how long it takes to respond, or what dosage/timing/food intake works best. I'm finding it helps too to make sure that the first meal after drive contains a decent amount of carbs, with at least a little of them being more towards the simple side (half a banana in 25g of oats for instance).

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 13 now, and i think its getting into full swing. I was getting concerned about it, but now I think Im going to like it. I was worried because I didnt get the "OMG I love it" from day 1 like some ppl have claimed with the drive and more so, RPM. I was more like "OMG did I waste my money?" lol. But I got an incredible back workout yesterday after 2 off days. I could have kept working out for another 2 or 3 hours. Looking forward to chest today!
It's weird how some feel it right away, then others it takes a while. It took me about a week to really notice it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's weird how some feel it right away, then others it takes a while. It took me about a week to really notice it.
It really depends on if you were stacking it with RPM- when you stack Drive with RPM, the Drive begins working almost immediately :)

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on if you were stacking it with RPM- when you stack Drive with RPM, the Drive begins working almost immediately :)
yep - i did drive for week one and added rpm the following week. it really kicked it in. when i added ifg2 - that's when i got that oncycle feeling again during the w/o.

started xfactor today so we'll see what that brings to the mix.

hey - anyone a clue here. i've been on the ifg2 for two weeks. at week two i got the real deep sleeps. for some reason the past three nights - it just seemed like it took forever to fall asleep. the only other supps would be neovar that i am taking.

thoughts?