EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://fanaticcook.blogspot.com/2006/05/policosanol-update.html

I'm looking into my cycle ancillaries and found this ^^

Red yeast rice does work for cholesterol, but it's perhaps not a good idea to take if ones liver is at risk. And I'm not sure that coq10 is proven.

Argh
RYR does not work. Not since the FDA has required that lovastatin be removed from it. That was the compound that lowered cholesterol, and there have been no new studies since that show RYR with that removed does more for cholesterol than eating cardboard.

Puzzle

Awards
Thanks, but I think they are old cuban studies. A new german study found that the compound to be no different to a placebo.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
This is a prevalent issue plaguing just about every substance. You'll have a handful or even 100s or 1000s of showing it's benefits. Then comes one study disproving it and every thinks the sky is falling and swears to never use it.

Studies on policosanol are fairly sparse both in favor and not.As a result I wouldn't pass any judgment on it yet and would probably not use it either.

It's also been shown numerous times that cholesterol levels aren't any good indicator of cardiac disease. There's other factors to be concerned with and mitigating those would be more important.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is a prevalent issue plaguing just about every substance. You'll have a handful or even 100s or 1000s of showing it's benefits. Then comes one study disproving it and every thinks the sky is falling and swears to never use it.

Studies on policosanol are fairly sparse both in favor and not.As a result I wouldn't pass any judgment on it yet and would probably not use it either.

It's also been shown numerous times that cholesterol levels aren't any good indicator of cardiac disease. There's other factors to be concerned with and mitigating those would be more important.

Id like to see them.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6 week study showed great results but doing the same test for 12 weeks after 6 weeks the 7th week and on they person got worse results from it. DO not use it. It is a scam.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
http://fanaticcook.blogspot.com/2006/05/policosanol-update.html

I'm looking into my cycle ancillaries and found this ^^

Red yeast rice does work for cholesterol, but it's perhaps not a good idea to take if ones liver is at risk. And I'm not sure that coq10 is proven.

Argh
This has been addressed multiple times.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/58874-lipid-profile-supplement.html

Policosanol is substantiated by Cuban studies - some with vested interests in manufacturers and funding. The JAMA review is the most concise review - and credible.

RYR as a natural extract contains statin like properties.

Lipid profiles, based on the Framingham study (a study that has been following people for decades) substantiates the value of a healthy lipid profile MORE than anything else cna even touch when it comes to morbidity and mortalitity in regards to lipid profiles.

Not looking at one's cholesterol or lipid profile is idiotic if cardiac health is a concern.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys saying that RYR negatively effects the liver?. Not good!
All statins will affect the liver negatively. But as has been said now that a lot of RYR products don't include the active ingredient that gave them the activity we want as steroid users, there's no point in using them.

True, but when your HDL is at say 3 and your LDL is over 200, it's worth paying attention to.

Puzzle

Awards
My cycle support I think will be as follows:

What I already take off cycle
20g of omega 3 (from mackerel) a week.
psyllium husk. A level tsp eod
na rala 100-200mg ed
saw palmetto 320mg ed
NOW Adam
A super greens drink
CoQ10

To be added for anavar cycle
Liv 52
Nac
NOW Liver Detoxifier (includes milk thistle)
Liver Detoxifier & Regenerator (90 caps) By NOW Foods
Perhaps some more milk thistle

lol, it's good to write it out, that looks ok; but thoughts welcome.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
This has been addressed multiple times.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/58874-lipid-profile-supplement.html

Policosanol is substantiated by Cuban studies - some with vested interests in manufacturers and funding. The JAMA review is the most concise review - and credible.

RYR as a natural extract contains statin like properties.
Correction: some RYR extracts still contain levostatin and are useful in this regard. Many do not. And as far as I know the FDA is getting pissed about people selling levostatin containing products without telling people about it and the possible side effects.

Lipid profiles, based on the Framingham study (a study that has been following people for decades) substantiates the value of a healthy lipid profile MORE than anything else cna even touch when it comes to morbidity and mortalitity in regards to lipid profiles.

Not looking at one's cholesterol or lipid profile is idiotic if cardiac health is a concern.