Niacin Flush but No Niacin?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Niacin Flush but No Niacin?

I just added fasted cardio to my workout regimine. I'm starting a cut and dialing in my diet slowly. Anyways, today was my first cardio day. 30mins before workout I took:

3 capsules PowerFull
    5mg of Primaforce Yohimbine
    200mg of Primaforce Caffiene

Low intensity cardio for 35mins

Immediately afterwords I drank about 15g of Xtend and 2g of Beta Alanine. I started to get super itchy just like a niacin flush, but Xtend doesn't contain any niacin. This was my first time taking beta alanine; could it have been that? It's starting to subside now, but it was real bad for a while. It started about 5 mins after I was drinking the Xtend. I doubted it was the other stuff I took prior since that had been in my system for over an hr at that point. Any ideas? I'm just curious. I HATE the itchies.

2. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I just added fasted cardio to my workout regimine. I'm starting a cut and dialing in my diet slowly. Anyways, today was my first cardio day. 30mins before workout I took:

3 capsules PowerFull
    5g of Primaforce Yohimbine
    200mg of Primaforce Caffiene

Low intensity cardio for 35mins

Immediately afterwords I drank about 15g of Xtend and 2g of Beta Alanine. I started to get super itchy just like a niacin flush, but Xtend doesn't contain any niacin. This was my first time taking beta alanine; could it have been that? It's starting to subside now, but it was real bad for a while. It started about 5 mins after I was drinking the Xtend. I doubted it was the other stuff I took prior since that had been in my system for over an hr at that point. Any ideas? I'm just curious. I HATE the itchies.

You're correct on the BA..... it can be diminished w/ some food taken simultaneously. The feel seems to go away after prolonged use.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    You're correct on the BA..... it can be diminished w/ some food taken simultaneously. The feel seems to go away after prolonged use.
    Awesome. Thanks. Now I know what to expect.
    •   

4. Dave
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

the first time i felt it... it freaked me out bc i didnt expect it... now i like the feeling... as mentioned...taking with food will help.. or take 1g, then wait a little and take the 2nd gram
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Yes like the others have stated, taking it with food, especially carbs, can blunt the paresthesia, as well as enhance the uptake. Spreading out smaller doses can help as well.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

To everyone his own. I actually prefer taking my Carnosine (Beta Alanine/L-Listidine) supplements on an empty stomach. The "flush", like Lanbane mentioned, subsides and disappears after a while. Actually after your cellular carnosine stores are fully loaded. Depending on daily Beta Alanine dosage, this can take anywhere from one week to about four weeks. In most cases, it disappears after one week or so. If you can bear the "flush" stick with taking Beta Alanine on an empty stomach!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  7. Dave
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    Yes like the others have stated, taking it with food, especially carbs, can blunt the paresthesia, as well as enhance the uptake. Spreading out smaller doses can help as well.
    you just had to go and throw a word like paresthesia in there ... didnt you

8. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    you just had to go and throw a word like paresthesia in there ... didnt you

hahaha gotta appear as smart as possible
  9. Dave
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    hahaha gotta appear as smart as possible
    shhhhhhh dont give away my secret
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    To everyone his own. I actually prefer taking my Carnosine (Beta Alanine/L-Listidine) supplements on an empty stomach. The "flush", like Lanbane mentioned, subsides and disappears after a while. Actually after your cellular carnosine stores are fully loaded. Depending on daily Beta Alanine dosage, this can take anywhere from one week to about four weeks. In most cases, it disappears after one week or so. If you can bear the "flush" stick with taking Beta Alanine on an empty stomach!
    If it really makes that much of a difference, I'll do it for love of the sport; but I really truly hate the itchy feeling. It lasted for about an hour for me. I don't know if my case is worse than most peoples, but it's bad.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

If it really makes that much of a difference, I'll do it for love of the sport; but I really truly hate the itchy feeling. It lasted for about an hour for me. I don't know if my case is worse than most peoples, but it's bad.
    u say itchy? ive never experienced an itchy feeling but definelty a tingly feeling on my skin (mainly forearms and chest), actually i kinda like it, lets me know the product is working. u might just be sensitive to the BA....i guess u can just keep taking it and see if it subsides after a few days....or take it with food like Redhawk and Palo said
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nosnmiveins View Post
    u say itchy? ive never experienced an itchy feeling but definelty a tingly feeling on my skin (mainly forearms and chest), actually i kinda like it, lets me know the product is working. u might just be sensitive to the BA....i guess u can just keep taking it and see if it subsides after a few days....or take it with food like Redhawk and Palo said
    It's a tingly-itchy feeling. Is there any benefit to taking it before cardio anyways? Because that's what I was doing. Is it more beneficial before weight training?
  13. Registered User
    Answers

It's a tingly-itchy feeling. Is there any benefit to taking it before cardio anyways? Because that's what I was doing. Is it more beneficial before weight training?
    i would have to say it would be more beneficial before weight training because it increases the concentration of carnosine in muscles, decreases fatigue and increases total muscular work done. i dont think it would benefit u as much if u took it pre cardio....could be wrong...
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon;
    BA supplementation benefits both. It should even be taken on non-training days too, so intra-cellular carnosine levels are boosted and maintained.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    the first time i felt it... it freaked me out bc i didnt expect it... now i like the feeling... as mentioned...taking with food will help.. or take 1g, then wait a little and take the 2nd gram
    Yeah, this happens to me when I tke my Vasocharge, but does not happen with Extend. But the first time I took my Vasocharge, I started to feel like I was on FIRE, and ITCHY all over the place! I was getting huge red blotches all over as well, so i FREAKED out! LOL!! I didn't start screaming or running around or anythin, but I thought to my self" OH SH!T!! I think I finally found something that I am allergic to!" Then I though maybe it was a mega dose of Niacin or something. Anywho, I just drink it slower now, and It has diminished a lot.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 07:02 AM
  2. niacin flush on vasocharge?
    By HPatel650 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 07:06 PM
  3. Niacin Flush
    By vika808 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 08:17 AM