Niacin Flush but No Niacin?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just added fasted cardio to my workout regimine. I'm starting a cut and dialing in my diet slowly. Anyways, today was my first cardio day. 30mins before workout I took:

3 capsules PowerFull
5mg of Primaforce Yohimbine
200mg of Primaforce Caffiene

Low intensity cardio for 35mins

Immediately afterwords I drank about 15g of Xtend and 2g of Beta Alanine. I started to get super itchy just like a niacin flush, but Xtend doesn't contain any niacin. This was my first time taking beta alanine; could it have been that? It's starting to subside now, but it was real bad for a while. It started about 5 mins after I was drinking the Xtend. I doubted it was the other stuff I took prior since that had been in my system for over an hr at that point. Any ideas? I'm just curious. I HATE the itchies.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I just added fasted cardio to my workout regimine. I'm starting a cut and dialing in my diet slowly. Anyways, today was my first cardio day. 30mins before workout I took:

3 capsules PowerFull
5g of Primaforce Yohimbine
200mg of Primaforce Caffiene

Low intensity cardio for 35mins

Immediately afterwords I drank about 15g of Xtend and 2g of Beta Alanine. I started to get super itchy just like a niacin flush, but Xtend doesn't contain any niacin. This was my first time taking beta alanine; could it have been that? It's starting to subside now, but it was real bad for a while. It started about 5 mins after I was drinking the Xtend. I doubted it was the other stuff I took prior since that had been in my system for over an hr at that point. Any ideas? I'm just curious. I HATE the itchies.

You're correct on the BA..... it can be diminished w/ some food taken simultaneously. The feel seems to go away after prolonged use.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're correct on the BA..... it can be diminished w/ some food taken simultaneously. The feel seems to go away after prolonged use.
Awesome. Thanks. Now I know what to expect.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
the first time i felt it... it freaked me out bc i didnt expect it... now i like the feeling... as mentioned...taking with food will help.. or take 1g, then wait a little and take the 2nd gram

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes like the others have stated, taking it with food, especially carbs, can blunt the paresthesia, as well as enhance the uptake. Spreading out smaller doses can help as well.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To everyone his own. I actually prefer taking my Carnosine (Beta Alanine/L-Listidine) supplements on an empty stomach. The "flush", like Lanbane mentioned, subsides and disappears after a while. Actually after your cellular carnosine stores are fully loaded. Depending on daily Beta Alanine dosage, this can take anywhere from one week to about four weeks. In most cases, it disappears after one week or so. If you can bear the "flush" stick with taking Beta Alanine on an empty stomach!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Yes like the others have stated, taking it with food, especially carbs, can blunt the paresthesia, as well as enhance the uptake. Spreading out smaller doses can help as well.
you just had to go and throw a word like paresthesia in there ... didnt you

:lol:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To everyone his own. I actually prefer taking my Carnosine (Beta Alanine/L-Listidine) supplements on an empty stomach. The "flush", like Lanbane mentioned, subsides and disappears after a while. Actually after your cellular carnosine stores are fully loaded. Depending on daily Beta Alanine dosage, this can take anywhere from one week to about four weeks. In most cases, it disappears after one week or so. If you can bear the "flush" stick with taking Beta Alanine on an empty stomach!
If it really makes that much of a difference, I'll do it for love of the sport; but I really truly hate the itchy feeling. It lasted for about an hour for me. I don't know if my case is worse than most peoples, but it's bad.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
If it really makes that much of a difference, I'll do it for love of the sport; but I really truly hate the itchy feeling. It lasted for about an hour for me. I don't know if my case is worse than most peoples, but it's bad.
u say itchy? ive never experienced an itchy feeling but definelty a tingly feeling on my skin (mainly forearms and chest), actually i kinda like it, lets me know the product is working. u might just be sensitive to the BA....i guess u can just keep taking it and see if it subsides after a few days....or take it with food like Redhawk and Palo said

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
u say itchy? ive never experienced an itchy feeling but definelty a tingly feeling on my skin (mainly forearms and chest), actually i kinda like it, lets me know the product is working. u might just be sensitive to the BA....i guess u can just keep taking it and see if it subsides after a few days....or take it with food like Redhawk and Palo said
It's a tingly-itchy feeling. Is there any benefit to taking it before cardio anyways? Because that's what I was doing. Is it more beneficial before weight training?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
It's a tingly-itchy feeling. Is there any benefit to taking it before cardio anyways? Because that's what I was doing. Is it more beneficial before weight training?
i would have to say it would be more beneficial before weight training because it increases the concentration of carnosine in muscles, decreases fatigue and increases total muscular work done. i dont think it would benefit u as much if u took it pre cardio....could be wrong...:think:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BA supplementation benefits both. It should even be taken on non-training days too, so intra-cellular carnosine levels are boosted and maintained.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
the first time i felt it... it freaked me out bc i didnt expect it... now i like the feeling... as mentioned...taking with food will help.. or take 1g, then wait a little and take the 2nd gram
Yeah, this happens to me when I tke my Vasocharge, but does not happen with Extend. But the first time I took my Vasocharge, I started to feel like I was on FIRE, and ITCHY all over the place! I was getting huge red blotches all over as well, so i FREAKED out! LOL!! I didn't start screaming or running around or anythin, but I thought to my self" OH SH!T!! I think I finally found something that I am allergic to!" Then I though maybe it was a mega dose of Niacin or something. Anywho, I just drink it slower now, and It has diminished a lot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13
Supplements 6
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
ECTOmorph Supplements 3
Anabolics 19