Leucine and other amino's lack of MIXABILITY

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone have any tricks to get them to dissolve into the water better. The stuff sits on top of the water noio matter what I try (blender, spoon-mixed, etc). Anyway to get it into the water better? A touch of oil maybe?

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any tricks to get them to dissolve into the water better. The stuff sits on top of the water noio matter what I try (blender, spoon-mixed, etc). Anyway to get it into the water better? A touch of oil maybe?
Not sure why this is, but I've heard true bcaa's just won't mix in water.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Keep shaking vigorously, might also help to let it sit in the fridge for 20-30mins if you can, or longer to give it a chance to dissolve, otherwise, just chug :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
like ab said, shake it, let it sit for 20 minutes...

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
The vigorous shaking will do the trick, just make sure you have enough water. I've heard that if the water has a lower PH (eg by adding some lemon) it causes them to dissolve. Unfortunately I've also heard about there being some sort of negative side effect on muscle growth from low PH (I wish I could be more specific, but I honestly can't remember off hand).

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
like ab said, shake it, let it sit for 20 minutes...
k

Riddle me this. How does scivation make their xtend so mixable? Are they using some type of space-aged BCAA's that we dont know about? I mean, xtend mixes without any problem at all, but when trying to mix bulk BCAA's, its pretty much a disaster. Im thinking of adding CM, TAURINE, ETC....then dumping lots of propel or crystal light and see what happens.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found that adding lemon helped me dissolve stuff, and it really doesn't have to alter the pH that much to make it more soluble from my past experiences. I don't usually bother with that though, I just throw a mound of BCAA's in water and keep giving it little shakes, by the time I'm at the gym there's only a few snowflakes on top of the water.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Swell mix's really well too... I wonder what it is these ninjas do...
Dsade, bulk leucine tablets!

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
I like to stick the bittle in my pocket and let it mix while I walk around campus :)

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
Crystal light + 30 grams bulk BCAA's + a gallon of water = No problems at all.

The vigorous shaking is right. You gotta shake it like a polaroid picture.