Depleted Dopamine and supplements

gotDOMS

1. after using many stims dopamine has become depleted or low and i can feel it in my mood. Im taking tyrosine and powerfull to help restore dopamine...does anyone have better ideas or other things i can do to restore my dopamine levels? i also use caffeine and whiteflood

2. What is the difference between tyrosine and 1-c(powerfull) do they both help support dopamine levels? how come powerfull makes you sleepy and you take it before bed, and tyrosine makes u more energized and is often included in preworkout supps?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
L-DOPA is produced from the amino acid tyrosine by the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase. It is also the precursor molecule for the catecholamine neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and the hormone epinephrine (adrenaline). Dopamine is formed by the decarboxylation of L-DOPA.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
sorry forgot to say how i got to the l-dopa. the 1-c is a bioavailable form of L-Dopa that had the ability to cross the blood/brain barrier.

gotDOMS

How do you know your dopamine has become low?. Did you get some kind of a blood test for this?
i havent got a blood test yet but i abused caffeine for a very long time and i am showing symptoms of low dopamine levels like emotional problems, lower libido, less confidence, and just not feeling like myself. Caffeine gives me the stimulant effect but not the wellbeing dopamine feeling that it used to. ive tried other producst like 5htp and gaba and it has not made a difference. i just started supplementing with tyrosine and my powerfull is about to run out so im thinking about getting 1-c. Do you think my problem will be fixed with reset ad ? maybe its worth a shot.

gotDOMS

L-DOPA is produced from the amino acid tyrosine by the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase. It is also the precursor molecule for the catecholamine neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and the hormone epinephrine (adrenaline). Dopamine is formed by the decarboxylation of L-DOPA.
thanks.
so the tyrosine should help form new dopamien and the 1-c/powerfull will help it cross the bloodbrainbarrier?
i remember seeing a log that u did on reset ad. did you notice any mood or emotional changes when on it? i think adrenal fatigue has messed with my neurotransmitters

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
thanks.
so the tyrosine should help form new dopamien and the 1-c/powerfull will help it cross the bloodbrainbarrier?
i remember seeing a log that u did on reset ad. did you notice any mood or emotional changes when on it? i think adrenal fatigue has messed with my neurotransmitters
your sorta right. tyrosine and L-dopa are both precursors to dopamine, in that tyrosine converts into L-dopa which converts into dopamine. so yes, they should aid in the production of more dopamine, but the 1-c in a more direct sense as it is only one step away from dopamine, and tyrosine is 2 steps away. i threw in the part about the bloodbrainbarrier because supplemental L-dopa does not cross the BBB, making it useless in this case, BUT the 1-c is a form of L-dopa that will cross the BBB. point being that just any old L-dopa wont work.

about the reset ad, i did notice a difference while using it but i was using it because i have a hight tolerance to adderall which has an effect on my mood to start with. so i did get more of a lift in my mood with the reset ad but thats because it lowered my tolerance to the adderall making the adderall more effective in a sense. i dont really know if reset ad will help in your case, i guess it is worth a shot though.

to be honest though, i see these as only temporary solutions. your stim of choice u said u have been using was caffeines? thats a rather mild stim at best and i really do not think that is causing u you problems. perhaps you have a tolerance to it, but i see no real correlation to the issue. most americans consume caffeine in rather large amounts everyday and dont seem to have any problems with it. but who knows, i could be totally wrong, these are just my thoughts.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im about to read through your log of reset ad
i wish i could get a free sample of it from paloaltolabs lol
at $18 a bottle, it will save you more money in stims than it costs you over the month :)

gotDOMS

your sorta right. tyrosine and L-dopa are both precursors to dopamine, in that tyrosine converts into L-dopa which converts into dopamine. so yes, they should aid in the production of more dopamine, but the 1-c in a more direct sense as it is only one step away from dopamine, and tyrosine is 2 steps away. i threw in the part about the bloodbrainbarrier because supplemental L-dopa does not cross the BBB, making it useless in this case, BUT the 1-c is a form of L-dopa that will cross the BBB. point being that just any old L-dopa wont work.

about the reset ad, i did notice a difference while using it but i was using it because i have a hight tolerance to adderall which has an effect on my mood to start with. so i did get more of a lift in my mood with the reset ad but thats because it lowered my tolerance to the adderall making the adderall more effective in a sense. i dont really know if reset ad will help in your case, i guess it is worth a shot though.

to be honest though, i see these as only temporary solutions. your stim of choice u said u have been using was caffeines? thats a rather mild stim at best and i really do not think that is causing u you problems. perhaps you have a tolerance to it, but i see no real correlation to the issue. most americans consume caffeine in rather large amounts everyday and dont seem to have any problems with it. but who knows, i could be totally wrong, these are just my thoughts.

hmm...there is something definatley wrong with my mood so i was thinkign it was dopamine depletion because of the symptoms(low confidence, lower libido, less social) and i have been using caffeine in pills and in other supplements up to 400gm daily for more than a year. i think i will stack tyrosine, 5htp, 1-c, and reset AD for my problem. i mite also use gaba because that helps me with my sleep.

even alcohol doesnt effect me how it used to ever since i started having these mood problems. I tried going off caffeine for awhile and it did make a difference but i was still a little lethargic and less motivated so i quickly went back to it.

if dopamine is truly depleted then i think the only way to find out would be to up my dosage of caffeine. So if i respond to say 600-800mg of caffeine with a more wellbeing feelign then that just means my receptors have been desensitized from caffeine but there isnt a dopamine problem.
But if i just get the stimulant effect than my dopamine levels are done and i needto supplement accordingly.
What do you think? lol

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
hmm...there is something definatley wrong with my mood so i was thinkign it was dopamine depletion because of the symptoms(low confidence, lower libido, less social) and i have been using caffeine in pills and in other supplements up to 400gm daily for more than a year. i think i will stack tyrosine, 5htp, 1-c, and reset AD for my problem. i mite also use gaba because that helps me with my sleep.

even alcohol doesnt effect me how it used to ever since i started having these mood problems. I tried going off caffeine for awhile and it did make a difference but i was still a little lethargic and less motivated so i quickly went back to it.

if dopamine is truly depleted then i think the only way to find out would be to up my dosage of caffeine. So if i respond to say 600-800mg of caffeine with a more wellbeing feelign then that just means my receptors have been desensitized from caffeine but there isnt a dopamine problem.
But if i just get the stimulant effect than my dopamine levels are done and i needto supplement accordingly.
What do you think? lol
You might talk to a doctor before oyu start medicating yourself. Your symptoms could be caused by a wide variety of things. Some simple blood tests could be used to narrow the the issue.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
You might talk to a doctor before oyu start medicating yourself. Your symptoms could be caused by a wide variety of things. Some simple blood tests could be used to narrow the the issue.
agree here completely.