Depleted Dopamine and supplements
- 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Depleted Dopamine and supplements
1. after using many stims dopamine has become depleted or low and i can feel it in my mood. Im taking tyrosine and powerfull to help restore dopamine...does anyone have better ideas or other things i can do to restore my dopamine levels? i also use caffeine and whiteflood
2. What is the difference between tyrosine and 1-c(powerfull) do they both help support dopamine levels? how come powerfull makes you sleepy and you take it before bed, and tyrosine makes u more energized and is often included in preworkout supps?
- 10-30-2007, 03:14 PM
10-30-2007, 09:12 PM
L-DOPA is produced from the amino acid tyrosine by the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase. It is also the precursor molecule for the catecholamine neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and the hormone epinephrine (adrenaline). Dopamine is formed by the decarboxylation of L-DOPA.
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
sorry forgot to say how i got to the l-dopa. the 1-c is a bioavailable form of L-Dopa that had the ability to cross the blood/brain barrier.
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
so the tyrosine should help form new dopamien and the 1-c/powerfull will help it cross the bloodbrainbarrier?
i remember seeing a log that u did on reset ad. did you notice any mood or emotional changes when on it? i think adrenal fatigue has messed with my neurotransmitters
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
about the reset ad, i did notice a difference while using it but i was using it because i have a hight tolerance to adderall which has an effect on my mood to start with. so i did get more of a lift in my mood with the reset ad but thats because it lowered my tolerance to the adderall making the adderall more effective in a sense. i dont really know if reset ad will help in your case, i guess it is worth a shot though.
to be honest though, i see these as only temporary solutions. your stim of choice u said u have been using was caffeines? thats a rather mild stim at best and i really do not think that is causing u you problems. perhaps you have a tolerance to it, but i see no real correlation to the issue. most americans consume caffeine in rather large amounts everyday and dont seem to have any problems with it. but who knows, i could be totally wrong, these are just my thoughts.
10-31-2007, 03:08 PM
10-31-2007, 03:32 PM
hmm...there is something definatley wrong with my mood so i was thinkign it was dopamine depletion because of the symptoms(low confidence, lower libido, less social) and i have been using caffeine in pills and in other supplements up to 400gm daily for more than a year. i think i will stack tyrosine, 5htp, 1-c, and reset AD for my problem. i mite also use gaba because that helps me with my sleep.
even alcohol doesnt effect me how it used to ever since i started having these mood problems. I tried going off caffeine for awhile and it did make a difference but i was still a little lethargic and less motivated so i quickly went back to it.
if dopamine is truly depleted then i think the only way to find out would be to up my dosage of caffeine. So if i respond to say 600-800mg of caffeine with a more wellbeing feelign then that just means my receptors have been desensitized from caffeine but there isnt a dopamine problem.
But if i just get the stimulant effect than my dopamine levels are done and i needto supplement accordingly.
What do you think? lol
10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By size in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-31-2006, 12:56 PM
- By deltaforce69 in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
- By willd in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
- By biggjohn in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
- By drumirvin in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2005, 04:04 PM