To the Canadian board memebers....

bad faith

bad faith

Awards
With the Canadian dollar being so strong, it's a bargain shopping at US sites, as most Canadian retailers haven't adjusted pricing accordingly. Having said that, I prefer ordering domestically because: a) I can avoid customs hassles, and (b) I get my shipment a lot faster.

The biggest problem with Canadian sites is generally that they don't stock all of the products that you can find on US sites.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a lot cheaper to order from the US. Especially now that our dollar is so high. The same $250 order at NP would probably have run me around 350-400 in Canada, and that's if I could even get the stuff. Alot of products just don't get imported to Canada, or I have to put them in on special order and get gouged.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
To all the Canadian board memebers out there:

Do you order mostly from US websites or get ur stuff in Canada? What websites/stores have the best prices in Canada? Is it just cheaper to order from the US or what?
I usually shop at US websites. Local prices are usually double the amount.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I usually shop at US websites. Local prices are usually double the amount.
yeah I think its like in the UK. It seems the UK websites like to make a crazy margin on products....on top of VAT and all that.

jdrannin1

Awards
Local canadian stores are a joke. eg. $90 for SizeON.

Canadian websites are about 10-20% better generally.

American sites are typically half price so shopping through them is always the cheapest way to go. Shipping is more, the prodcuts are cheaper and the Canadian dollar is doing well.

Local canadian stores are a joke. eg. $90 for SizeON.

Canadian websites are about 10-20% better generally.

American sites are typically half price so shopping through them is always the cheapest way to go. Shipping is more, the prodcuts are cheaper and the Canadian dollar is doing well.
Free health care and a strong dollar:woohoo:

Flex Daddy

Awards
To all the Canadian board memebers out there:

Do you order mostly from US websites or get ur stuff in Canada? What websites/stores have the best prices in Canada? Is it just cheaper to order from the US or what?
Check your PM

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Shop at NutraPlanet, ship via USPS. Best bang for your buck, and no additional customs fees like UPS has...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Generally everything is cheaper from the states, even with shipping.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Shop at NutraPlanet, ship via USPS. Best bang for your buck, and no additional customs fees like UPS has...
Lucky, I have been getting Customs handling fees with pretty much every order I have made for the last little while. Not too much its usually around $12, but plus shipping makes delivery over $30 for me. Sadly, still worth it...

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
It's usually a lot cheaper but there's a few things I still buy from a Canadian website like ZMA.

One site I know of is way too expensive. It's a bulk supplements site and they try and justify their insane prices:

US Bulk Site: 1KG Bulk BCAA's $34.99 USD + $28.50 ( 5 Day Shipping ) = $63.49 USD
Our Price: 1KG Bulk BCAA's $52.99 CAD + $9.99 ( Expedited Shipping )

But, they're full of crap because ordering from TP, 2 lbs costs ~$53 USD

They try to sell Anabolic Pump for $59.99 and P-SLIN for $57.99 PER BOTTLE.

The shipping no matter where you order from is usually ridiculous but it still ends up being cheaper.

Also, Canada Post adds on about $5 for their handling fee once it comes into Canada.

MOD EDIT: For everyone. "Nutraplanet.com is the exclusive retailer of Anabolicminds.com. Please do NOT link to or promote other retail stores.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Lucky, I have been getting Customs handling fees with pretty much every order I have made for the last little while. Not too much its usually around $12, but plus shipping makes delivery over $30 for me. Sadly, still worth it...
Same here bro, you're not the only one ;)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Same here bro, you're not the only one ;)
I tried making my orders worth the shipping by getting more at a time. However being heavier that just seems to make it get stopped and opened by customs. I hope my last order makes it through because it was around 7lbs. I wonder what they will think of the Diesel TEST hardcore :p

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I tried making my orders worth the shipping by getting more at a time. However being heavier that just seems to make it get stopped and opened by customs. I hope my last order makes it through because it was around 7lbs. I wonder what they will think of the Diesel TEST hardcore :p
It seems like if I lived in Canada I would get protein and all that from up there, and get the stuff shipped in bottles......or drive to Detroit or New York.

They might take your DTH for "testing."

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I buy the majority of my supps from the US. I'd do it more frequently if it wasn't for the crazy shipping charges. Most places I buy in Canada deliver for free when you reach a certain price point. Free is much nicer than $50+. Plus you know you're going to get it fast vs the stress of wondering if you're even going to get it.

However, I usually buy a product that I know is not "legal" in Canada from Canadian sources (such as the case with many of Get Diesel products). I pay the extra up front for the piece of mind that customs won't steal my stash and foot me the bill. The extra price is justified in my mind since they were the ones taking the risk in bringing the product in.

I usually get my protein, and small orders in Canada though. It's only worth the hassle to buy from the US when it's in bulk IMO.

My sister and a friend both bought vehicles from the States - a growing trend - this past month. Including all the extra hassles and fees associated with bringing them in, they both saved over $12,000 for identical vehicles in Canada. It's gotten so bad here that many vehicle companies are told to not honor warranties from vehicles bought in the US. (Toyota honors the warranties, Honda claims not to. 3rd party warranties are cheaper than $12,000 though, or you can just have your vehicle towed to the States).

Someone mentioned free health care above...we pay lots of taxes and hidden surcharges. Our health care is definitely not free, lol. It's just that we don't directly pay for it...but we all pay in one form or another.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
It seems like if I lived in Canada I would get protein and all that from up there, and get the stuff shipped in bottles......or drive to Detroit or New York.

Actually, I only order stuff in bottles shipped from NP usually. And heavy and protein stuff from another retailer in the states that is good at getting heavier packages in. Reason my package from NP was so heavy however was because I ordered SuperCarb (2x=5lbs) which I have been waiting at least 2 years to try.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I buy the majority of my supps from the US. I'd do it more frequently if it wasn't for the crazy shipping charges. Most places I buy in Canada deliver for free when you reach a certain price point. Free is much nicer than $50+. Plus you know you're going to get it fast vs the stress of wondering if you're even going to get it.

However, I usually buy a product that I know is not "legal" in Canada from Canadian sources (such as the case with many of Get Diesel products). I pay the extra up front for the piece of mind that customs won't steal my stash and foot me the bill. The extra price is justified in my mind since they were the ones taking the risk in bringing the product in.

I usually get my protein, and small orders in Canada though. It's only worth the hassle to buy from the US when it's in bulk IMO.

My sister and a friend both bought vehicles from the States - a growing trend - this past month. Including all the extra hassles and fees associated with bringing them in, they both saved over $12,000 for identical vehicles in Canada. It's gotten so bad here that many vehicle companies are told to not honor warranties from vehicles bought in the US. (Toyota honors the warranties, Honda claims not to. 3rd party warranties are cheaper than $12,000 though, or you can just have your vehicle towed to the States).

Someone mentioned free health care above...we pay lots of taxes and hidden surcharges. Our health care is definitely not free, lol. It's just that we don't directly pay for it...but we all pay in one form or another.

damn thats some good savings up there. A long time ago you could get a BMW in Germany and pay the conversion fee or whatever and it still be cheaper than in the US but not anymore.

Shipping is shipping, sh*t its expensive in the US, esp. after 1 Jan 07, prices went up big time. I could imagine shipping like protein from the US to Canada. I would get together with a bunch of gym buddies, get a PO box across the border, the order stuff USPS to it and go pick it up (I guess if you live close, say within 2 hours to a US state).

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd suggest a group buy for Canadians, but bigger packages might be more likely to get opened, and there's no $200+ incentive for international shipping. I had a friend who lived in Buffalo that I shipped my stuff to, then drove down and picked it up. He's moved so that no longer works, but it was a decent alternative.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
If any of you guys are in the '905' area let me know we could go in together and save on some shipping...maybe :)

I usually just buy everything cept protein from the states. With protein being heavy doesn't make any cost savings.

Much Love,

Neoborn

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

"Item was released from Customs and is now with Canada Post for sortation"

Yay! It made it. :)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Mine didn't LOL
What happened? Its odd they usually go through Windsor and this time it went in through Quebec. It's a good thing this order was the heaviest one I have ever made from NP.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much use only US sites now. Protein is the only thing I've been buying locally for the last little while. For my orders, even with the shipping, it's still been cheaper than ordering from CAN sites or buying from a brick n' mortar.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
What happened? Its odd they usually go through Windsor and this time it went in through Quebec. It's a good thing this order was the heaviest one I have ever made from NP.
It seems to be stuck in quebec... We'll see what happends..

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
It seems to be stuck in quebec... We'll see what happends..
Hmm, I heard something on the news about since the Canadian $ being higher people are ordering a lot more online for the X-Mas season. The postal service is already getting bogged down from the up coming Holidays. Could also be why my package got diverted to Quebec...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I heard something on the news about since the Canadian $ being higher people are ordering a lot more online for the X-Mas season. The postal service is already getting bogged from the up coming Holidays. Could also be why my package got diverted to Quebec...
Strong possibility! I'll be patiently waiting!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
I've also had some stuff come through the Quebec sortation plant recently, it was the first time that ever happened.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would not consider a 38% - 48% income tax rate 'free' healthcare...

:sick:

X
You do have to consider the fact that it is adjusted in our salaries, US gets more in their pockets, we pay more, but get more services. If money goes in my pockets, I'd spend it all, and I prefer having health services there when I need it...

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If any of you guys are in the '905' area let me know we could go in together and save on some shipping...maybe :)

I usually just buy everything cept protein from the states. With protein being heavy doesn't make any cost savings.

Much Love,

Neoborn
No way, I'm from there(here lol) too. I think all the Canadians are getting represented in this thread lol. I just put iny my big order to NP last week and got it shipped to a friend in Buffalo, and picked it up already but I'll probably be ordering around Xmas again neo.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
You do have to consider the fact that it is adjusted in our salaries, US gets more in their pockets, we pay more, but get more services. If money goes in my pockets, I'd spend it all, and I prefer having health services there when I need it...
Yikes! I don't get sick THAT much.

It costs me $25 to go see a doctor.

I'd rather keep and spend my money as I see fit rather than how my government sees fit.

:blink:

X

Jared

Awards
Yikes! I don't get sick THAT much.

It costs me $25 to go see a doctor.

I'd rather keep and spend my money as I see fit rather than how my government sees fit.

:blink:

X
You may not, but medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy in the United States. Just putting it out there.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
You may not, but medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy in the United States. Just putting it out there.
Obesity and smoking are the number one causes of medical bills.

X

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
No way, I'm from there(here lol) too. I think all the Canadians are getting represented in this thread lol. I just put iny my big order to NP last week and got it shipped to a friend in Buffalo, and picked it up already but I'll probably be ordering around Xmas again neo.
yep thats the way to do it.

guyver2k

Awards
ya think i could get a pm on the best places to order in canada???

Bryan

Awards
Same here, I'd like to know the best places to order in canada also.