Nutraplanet doesnt carry powerbuter?

A

ATH3386

Awards
Dont know if this is the right place to make this thread.. but I see that nutraplanet doesnt carry Power Butter(PB with high protein and added stuff). I need some for the week I go up hunting.. anyone know if NP has any alternatives? I could really use some since they have this Xtend sale ATM and I CANT pass that up.

A

ATH3386

Awards
Who makes it?
Power Butter is the company and product I believe. Im just wondering if nutraplanet has any other protein infused peanut butter like Giant has and like some companies make. I cant find one.. but im wondering if someone knows of one.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe they once carried it, but it was not very popular and was consequently dropped...I'm pretty sure it was powerbutter that Sam said got tossed more often than not...I'll see if I can find the thread real quick before class...

EDIT:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/67844-powerbutter.html

Think you guys could stock PowerButter? It's natural peanut butter, flax, and egg whites mixed into one and tastes greattttt, i'd goin for the 5lb tub :)
Not sure, we used to sell it but threw away more than we sold...
And apparently there were quality control issues when it came to meeting the label's claims for their macros:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/26435-official-product-request-27.html#post659546

apparently, the fat content was much higher than what their labels stated and the protein content was lower. i remember they failed miserably but made an effort to correct the problem. havent heard of anything since that and labelclaims.com no longer has a webpage:(

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
EDIT: Looks like what I wrote below was totally wrong because of their inaccuarate label claims, Damnit! A product like this that was accurate would be a life saver.

It looks like a good ecconomic replacment for protein bars for people who are doing a low carb diet.

Of the 14g of carbs 7g are fiber and the high amounts of fats and protein should blunt the effects of the sugars that are in there.

Personally I will probably pick it up for starting a new job. You can get 36 servings for $23 with a nutitional profile that is better than nearly any protein bar on the market... I really think this product could be a huge hit with proper hype.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Giants product doeant look as cost effective but maybe powerbutter is actually closer to giants nutrition profile? Most products like this origonate from the same manufacturers like vitamins, right?

Here is giants nutrient break down: - Does anyone know if the real numbers for powerbutter are closer to these or not (again hoping to see if they are made in the same root facility as is often the case in this industry)

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 75 grams
Servings Per Container 6

Calories 420
Calories from Fat 280

Amount per Serving
% Daily Value

Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 270mg
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 6g
Protein 27g
48%
18%
0%
11%
4%
19%
-
-

Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Iron 6%

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just thought some more and figured its a low probablity that patrick arnold would out source like that but found another company:

SnacLite Power PB - 4 Lb

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:4 tbsp
Servings per Container: 28

Amount Per Serving

Calories 315
Total Fat 19g
Sat Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Omega-3 10g
Omega-6 3g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 174mg
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugars 4g
Protein 24g

Z

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Go to your local Wally World and look for Naturally More PB. The profile on that stuff is pretty damn good. It's regularly out of stock when I look for it so I buy lot's when I can find it. Tastes great, more poly fats, more protein (some from egg whites) and mixes a good bit better than natty PB.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Go to your local Wally World and look for Naturally More PB. The profile on that stuff is pretty damn good. It's regularly out of stock when I look for it so I buy lot's when I can find it. Tastes great, more poly fats, more protein (some from egg whites) and mixes a good bit better than natty PB.
^^^^
The only kind I use!!! :drunk:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am now dediacated finding something like powerbutter because it would be the PERFECT mrp replacement for me.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can find powerbutter at DPS. Pretty cheap too.
They wont allow this kind of stuff here and also powerbutter has been scrutinized for not meeting label claims, read above...

A

ATH3386

Awards
Ha or move to a coast... I don't get how people live in rural areas (just bustin chops)
I live in Detroit but Im at college in Grand Rapids.. which has very rural areas around it.

Blooooooooows.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Go To the grocery Store!

Seriously, any of these so called Power Peanut Butters that are being advertised are a rip off imo. You can go to the grocery store and get the same kind of peanut butter...Naturally More. Pay attention to the serving size, do the math and you'll realize there is no difference. Naturally More is what I use and it does taste good...you just gotta stir it up because of the loose flax oil that sits on top since it is a natural Peanut Butter. Just a little fyi guys.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I should've read your post first!

LOL...:D. It seems we have the same idea and taste...thumbs up!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seriously, any of these so called Power Peanut Butters that are being advertised are a rip off imo. You can go to the grocery store and get the same kind of peanut butter...Naturally More. Pay attention to the serving size, do the math and you'll realize there is no difference. Naturally More is what I use and it does taste good...you just gotta stir it up because of the loose flax oil that sits on top since it is a natural Peanut Butter. Just a little fyi guys.
For me the carbs in peanut butter are too high to get a real amount of protein. By the time you get 24-30 grams you have over 50 grams of fat and almost 30g of carbs... Really not an option...

I just like the idea behind these products and would happily pay for one that was accuarate.

beallio

beallio

Awards
If your local walmart doesn't carry it you can check them out at their main site here:
http://www.peanutsnack.com/

Here's a comparison of nutrional facts between Naturally more and Power Peanut butter:

A

ATH3386

Awards
For me the carbs in peanut butter are too high to get a real amount of protein. By the time you get 24-30 grams you have over 50 grams of fat and almost 30g of carbs... Really not an option...

I just like the idea behind these products and would happily pay for one that was accuarate.

Im gonna run to the grocery store and pick up three jars of it before I head up to go hunting. It sucks that I scheduled PCT on this time too.. Im gonna keep cals very high if possible and do whatever exercises I can.

Z

z28man

Awards
  • Established
LOL...:D. It seems we have the same idea and taste...thumbs up!
Yep, good stuff! I always wondered if I was the only bodybuilder who stumbled upon this stuff. Just sucks that Wally's is usually out.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Woodman's!

Yep, good stuff! I always wondered if I was the only bodybuilder who stumbled upon this stuff. Just sucks that Wally's is usually out.
I don't know if Woodman's has branched out to where your at, but if so they carry it as well. I'm lucky, I have 4 different supermarkets around my area so I never have to worry about not getting it...lol.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im gonna run to the grocery store and pick up three jars of it before I head up to go hunting. It sucks that I scheduled post cycle therapy on this time too.. Im gonna keep cals very high if possible and do whatever exercises I can.
Good luck bud

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
If your local walmart doesn't carry it you can check them out at their main site here:
Naturally More

Here's a comparison of nutrional facts between Naturally more and Power Peanut butter:

I love how they choose to show 2tbs servings for their nutritional facts and 4tbs for Power Butter, of course they're gonna look like they have less sugars/less fat :rolleyes: