Poll: How strict is your diet ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

How strict is your diet ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Since the word 'few' is vague, let's just say that means 2-3 times.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Actually my favorite cheat meal is McDonald's 20 piece chicken nuggets.

20 pieces gives about:

-45-50g of Protein
    -40-45g of Carbs
    -50g of Fat
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I allow myself one cheat meal a week at the most and I reserve this for social reasons, you know when everyone wants to go out to eat or I have to take the girl out to eat one night. However if nothing is going on that week or if I simply don't have the desire to have a cheat meal, then I won't have a cheat meal that week.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    I allow myself about one cheat meal a week and I reserve this for social reasons, you know when everyone wants to go out to eat or I have to take the girl out to eat one night. However if nothing is going on that week or if I simply don't have the desire to have a cheat meal, then I won't have a cheat meal that week.
    i holler.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

On a bulk for the next few months, so 2-3 cheats a week is about the norm, I just try to limit the damage by not going overboard on portions of the bad stuff.

Have to agree 20 pc nugget is one of my favorite cheats too!

If i am on a cut (once a year) I only do 1 cheat meal every 10 days or so.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

If I really wanted to I bet I could do 30 nuggets. The problem is the fat content is out of control. The carbs/protein are right in line......sorta.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I also like Domios Kickers as a good alternative to Mcnuggets, here is the macro break down on a 10 piece(they are larger than nuggets)
    43 g Prot
    18 g fat (4g sat)
    24 g carb

That is about the only thing I will eat from Dominos , but they are tasty!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

I'll need to check that out, I've never had them before.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Generally i cheat about 5-6 times a day, and oh yea im taking max lmg, hdrol and superdrol, Whats a SERM? LOL
    Sorry guys ive been dealing with noobs all week who dont believe in diet and dont know what serms are.
    My cheat meals are generally 3 times a weeks and its usually taco bell, im addicted to mexican food. Crunchwrap supreme is where is at. The nutritional stats arent even worth mentioning.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

WWE wrestlers are an example of gear abuse plus a dirty diet....there are a few wrestlers that are an exception to this.
  12. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Answers

I don't cheat that much at all. In the past 3-4 months only twice.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Answers

If I'm bulking Ill add in a little snacking (beef jerky, nature valley bar, stuff like that) but only if my diet is on the money becuase since I'm already in a cal surplus its only gonna impact more, but the cardio/endurence training takes care of that for me if I slip up.

Cutting every 3 weeks at the beginning and towards the end less/none.

Favorite Cheat meal:
    grilled chicken breast from the deli
    summer shrimp from same deli
    reverse brownie deli^3

Favorite Cheat "Days":
    Bar/Party
    Lots of Girls
    Friends
  14. Registered User
    Answers

i try to limit it to once a week, usually on the weekends because thats wen im out wit ppl more often and i try to at least live a lil and not be too anal about everythin but i still try and keep the cheat within reason, and not just goin to a buffet and sayin free for all
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

For me actually I'm probably:

90%-95% strict/consistant with my training

but about

75-85% strict/consistant with my dieting
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It'll really depend on what phase I am in. I cycle carbs/calories year round, so I'll always have re-feeds/high carb days, but I never schedule cheats. I literally have zero cravings for things like candy and fast food. My "cheats" will usually occur in social situations, like when going out to dinner. My favorite food for that situation would be sushi, but I also like a big steak and potatoes.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

I'm kinda disappointed no one has picked 'Several cheat meals a day' option yet.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Answers

i tend to go into approx a 1-2 month period every year where i cheat 4-5 times per week, sometimes more... but i love food so doin a durtay bulk for a month or so allows me to be strict the rest of the year
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

For me it is more so about carb control. I'm about as endo as it gets. If I ate mega amouts of food like I used to, gaining 10lbs of fat in 3 weeks is very acheievable. In turn I have to keep my carbs relatively low because they just store too easily.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher View Post
    Generally i cheat about 5-6 times a day, and oh yea im taking max lmg, hdrol and superdrol, Whats a SERM? LOL
    Sorry guys ive been dealing with noobs all week who dont believe in diet and dont know what serms are.
    My cheat meals are generally 3 times a weeks and its usually taco bell, im addicted to mexican food. Crunchwrap supreme is where is at. The nutritional stats arent even worth mentioning.
    You realize 'Taco Bell' is not mexican food, right?

X
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    You realize 'Taco Bell' is not mexican food, right?

X
    lol
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

I know there's someone out there who has multiple cheat meals a day.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

I allow myself once a week, but end up cheating once a month, as this is where I'm comfortable. When I cheat, I just don't feel like going back to the diet. So I just don't cheat very much..
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I know there's someone out there who has multiple cheat meals a day.
    It seems like if a person is taking the time to be on a forum like this they probably don't want to cheat that much. Also that option makes it sound like its usual thing to cheat that much and if thats the case then cheating is your actual diet right?
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

I'm usually dialed in for the entire week, Mon-Fri. Then I'll have a cheat meal saturday night and sunday night. Usually family dinner. I wouldnt really consider these cheat meals just not on my formal diet plan. They really aren't all that bad, I stil am within my macros for the day.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Answers

Since everyones diet\is going to be different I don't like to call certain meals 'cheat meals', as to a given individual, it isn't cheating if its included in the outline, where as someone else will develop a very large ass if they ate the way someone else does.

By the term strict, I take the meaning as how closely I follow a laid out guideline/outline/structure. I am about 90% strict on any given type of diet I am following. I might waiver a little, but during bulking diets I allow for more leiniency, and during cutting diets I simply become more strict.

I'm never 100%, 100% of the time but I'm anywhere from 90% and up 100% of the time.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

I try not to cheat more than once a week, and my cheats are usually pretty healthy cheats, such as Chipotle. It's tough, and I've slipped up here and there, but at the end of the day it's totally worth it!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Answers

i think most people are the same when it comes to cheat meals. My job is perfect for eating meals every 3 hours. so when i work mon-fri my diet is on point. but when saturday comes around I usually am never home so i have cheat meals. but i try to be healthier then just getting a fat burger. cuz i dont like burgers. Alcohol is generally my cheat meal of a saturday
  29. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I eat what I want, but I make sure that I stick to eating what is high in cals, protein, and carbs. I am currently bulking.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Answers

Last month I havent been eating healthy or kept on track at all. I got way to lazy. But other wise I cheated once or twice during the week.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    It seems like if a person is taking the time to be on a forum like this they probably don't want to cheat that much. Also that option makes it sound like its usual thing to cheat that much and if thats the case then cheating is your actual diet right?
    I agree. Anyone that picks the first option must not have a diet at all. They just eat whats in front of them.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Only started training and dieting again three weeks ago,since then only one slice of cake at my managers birthday,this morning we had a morning tea at work,platter crammed with nice things,I looked at everything for about a minute to figure out wat the healthiest choice was..............

Ended up turning around with my glass of water and go back to the office.....
    I leave gap for once a week ,but feel better if I can get to once a month
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  173 lbs.
    Answers

I go through spurts, perfect nutrition for a month then ill fall off the bandwagon for a few days here and there.

Right now i am eating malted milk balls, earlier today I had some apple pie. I'm in one of those downswings.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

I was on vacation all week last week did'nt cheat once and had no desire to the hardest part for me is when Iam @ work and it's time for lunch or on the weekend when there are not many options available (out with friends or family and they dont eat every 2 1/2-3 hours like I do)
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Right now.. 5 days sub sub-maintenance, 1 day maintenance-ish, 1 day over maintenance. Cheats/refeeds are a part of my diet, so I guess my answer would either be none of the above, or all of the above.
  36. Core Nutritionals Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Most of the time my diet is very controlled. Occasionally I will not count or track something I am eating, but that is very occasional.
  37. Registered User
    Answers

On average I cheat once a week, usually on the weekend but I'm so used to just easting the regular 6 meals a day that sometimes I forget, and stay clean. Forget which pro said this but they said, get your meal requirements in for the day and it doesn't matter if you cheat. That statement probably meant as a casual thing and not meant to be done every day. If I really go off the deep end, I can't wait to get back on track, and usually do heavy cardio the following day.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    On average I cheat once a week, usually on the weekend but I'm so used to just easting the regular 6 meals a day that sometimes I forget, and stay clean. Forget which pro said this but they said, get your meal requirements in for the day and it doesn't matter if you cheat. That statement probably meant as a casual thing and not meant to be done every day. If I really go off the deep end, I can't wait to get back on track, and usually do heavy cardio the following day.
    This is what I beleive is the most harmful. Cheating and doing too much cardio next day. When I cheat, I don't feel guilty at all, (I try to lol) as if I overtrain and do too much cardio, that cheat meal would have cost a lot in the end.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

My idea of a cheat meal is going out to order a meal at TGIF and noticing that the chicken breast is too small (probably only 30g protein) and there are too few of veggies. I don't really ever cheat unless I HAVE to...like I'm visiting family and I have to eat their dinner and it's something awful like fatty roast beef...Which pisses me off because I don't really even like that anyways. Wasting a perfectly good cheat meal on something I don't even enjoy. Bleh.

If I cheat, I feel like my body is saying, "F- you."
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    This is what I beleive is the most harmful. Cheating and doing too much cardio next day. When I cheat, I don't feel guilty at all, (I try to lol) as if I overtrain and do too much cardio, that cheat meal would have cost a lot in the end.
    I see what you're saying but for me it's mental. At the time it's like "Saweeeeet, I get to eat a bunch of pizza!" Then later on that day I'm like "Damn, why did I have to eat so much pizza!" And I wouldn't say that causes me to over train the next day, but I'll do higher intensity, or more cardio than I would do normally, just to burn some of the junk off.
    Otherwise I feel like that all day!
    :donut:
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I don't really ever cheat unless I HAVE to...like I'm visiting family and I have to eat their dinner and it's something awful like fatty roast beef...Which pisses me off because I don't really even like that anyways. Wasting a perfectly good cheat meal on something I don't even enjoy. Bleh.
    Dude I HATE it when I've been eating super strict all week long and then I end up having to eat some crap cheat food I don't even wanna eat, or like to begin with.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long is your bulk? How long is your cut?
    By pinchharmonic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 12:45 PM
  2. What is your diet on M-Drol?
    By Boyders in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:46 AM
  3. Cholesterol quiz: Is your diet hurting your heart?
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
  4. Blue Collar - "How Big Is Your Deck" ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 10:36 AM
  5. How Big Is Your Planet ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 12:25 PM