How strict is your diet ?

How strict is your diet ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Since the word 'few' is vague, let's just say that means 2-3 times.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually my favorite cheat meal is McDonald's 20 piece chicken nuggets.

20 pieces gives about:

-45-50g of Protein
-40-45g of Carbs
-50g of Fat

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I allow myself one cheat meal a week at the most and I reserve this for social reasons, you know when everyone wants to go out to eat or I have to take the girl out to eat one night. However if nothing is going on that week or if I simply don't have the desire to have a cheat meal, then I won't have a cheat meal that week.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I allow myself about one cheat meal a week and I reserve this for social reasons, you know when everyone wants to go out to eat or I have to take the girl out to eat one night. However if nothing is going on that week or if I simply don't have the desire to have a cheat meal, then I won't have a cheat meal that week.
i holler.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
On a bulk for the next few months, so 2-3 cheats a week is about the norm, I just try to limit the damage by not going overboard on portions of the bad stuff.

Have to agree 20 pc nugget is one of my favorite cheats too!

If i am on a cut (once a year) I only do 1 cheat meal every 10 days or so.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If I really wanted to I bet I could do 30 nuggets. The problem is the fat content is out of control. The carbs/protein are right in line......sorta.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I also like Domios Kickers as a good alternative to Mcnuggets, here is the macro break down on a 10 piece(they are larger than nuggets)
43 g Prot
18 g fat (4g sat)
24 g carb

That is about the only thing I will eat from Dominos , but they are tasty!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll need to check that out, I've never had them before.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Generally i cheat about 5-6 times a day, and oh yea im taking max lmg, hdrol and superdrol, Whats a SERM? LOL
Sorry guys ive been dealing with noobs all week who dont believe in diet and dont know what serms are.
My cheat meals are generally 3 times a weeks and its usually taco bell, im addicted to mexican food. Crunchwrap supreme is where is at. The nutritional stats arent even worth mentioning.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
WWE wrestlers are an example of gear abuse plus a dirty diet....there are a few wrestlers that are an exception to this.

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
I don't cheat that much at all. In the past 3-4 months only twice.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If I'm bulking Ill add in a little snacking (beef jerky, nature valley bar, stuff like that) but only if my diet is on the money becuase since I'm already in a cal surplus its only gonna impact more, but the cardio/endurence training takes care of that for me if I slip up.

Cutting every 3 weeks at the beginning and towards the end less/none.

Favorite Cheat meal:
grilled chicken breast from the deli
summer shrimp from same deli
reverse brownie deli^3

Favorite Cheat "Days":
Bar/Party
Lots of Girls
Friends

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i try to limit it to once a week, usually on the weekends because thats wen im out wit ppl more often and i try to at least live a lil and not be too anal about everythin but i still try and keep the cheat within reason, and not just goin to a buffet and sayin free for all

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For me actually I'm probably:

90%-95% strict/consistant with my training

but about

75-85% strict/consistant with my dieting

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It'll really depend on what phase I am in. I cycle carbs/calories year round, so I'll always have re-feeds/high carb days, but I never schedule cheats. I literally have zero cravings for things like candy and fast food. My "cheats" will usually occur in social situations, like when going out to dinner. My favorite food for that situation would be sushi, but I also like a big steak and potatoes.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda disappointed no one has picked 'Several cheat meals a day' option yet.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
i tend to go into approx a 1-2 month period every year where i cheat 4-5 times per week, sometimes more... but i love food so doin a durtay bulk for a month or so allows me to be strict the rest of the year

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For me it is more so about carb control. I'm about as endo as it gets. If I ate mega amouts of food like I used to, gaining 10lbs of fat in 3 weeks is very acheievable. In turn I have to keep my carbs relatively low because they just store too easily.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Generally i cheat about 5-6 times a day, and oh yea im taking max lmg, hdrol and superdrol, Whats a SERM? LOL
Sorry guys ive been dealing with noobs all week who dont believe in diet and dont know what serms are.
My cheat meals are generally 3 times a weeks and its usually taco bell, im addicted to mexican food. Crunchwrap supreme is where is at. The nutritional stats arent even worth mentioning.
You realize 'Taco Bell' is not mexican food, right?

X

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I know there's someone out there who has multiple cheat meals a day.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I allow myself once a week, but end up cheating once a month, as this is where I'm comfortable. When I cheat, I just don't feel like going back to the diet. So I just don't cheat very much..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I know there's someone out there who has multiple cheat meals a day.
It seems like if a person is taking the time to be on a forum like this they probably don't want to cheat that much. Also that option makes it sound like its usual thing to cheat that much and if thats the case then cheating is your actual diet right?

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Since everyones diet\is going to be different I don't like to call certain meals 'cheat meals', as to a given individual, it isn't cheating if its included in the outline, where as someone else will develop a very large ass if they ate the way someone else does.

By the term strict, I take the meaning as how closely I follow a laid out guideline/outline/structure. I am about 90% strict on any given type of diet I am following. I might waiver a little, but during bulking diets I allow for more leiniency, and during cutting diets I simply become more strict.

I'm never 100%, 100% of the time but I'm anywhere from 90% and up 100% of the time.

anbreeuh

Awards
I try not to cheat more than once a week, and my cheats are usually pretty healthy cheats, such as Chipotle. It's tough, and I've slipped up here and there, but at the end of the day it's totally worth it!

avenue Red

Awards
i think most people are the same when it comes to cheat meals. My job is perfect for eating meals every 3 hours. so when i work mon-fri my diet is on point. but when saturday comes around I usually am never home so i have cheat meals. but i try to be healthier then just getting a fat burger. cuz i dont like burgers. Alcohol is generally my cheat meal of a saturday

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I eat what I want, but I make sure that I stick to eating what is high in cals, protein, and carbs. I am currently bulking.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Last month I havent been eating healthy or kept on track at all. I got way to lazy. But other wise I cheated once or twice during the week.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
It seems like if a person is taking the time to be on a forum like this they probably don't want to cheat that much. Also that option makes it sound like its usual thing to cheat that much and if thats the case then cheating is your actual diet right?
I agree. Anyone that picks the first option must not have a diet at all. They just eat whats in front of them.

Genocide

Genocide

Awards
Only started training and dieting again three weeks ago,since then only one slice of cake at my managers birthday,this morning we had a morning tea at work,platter crammed with nice things,I looked at everything for about a minute to figure out wat the healthiest choice was..............:frustrate

Ended up turning around with my glass of water and go back to the office.....
I leave gap for once a week ,but feel better if I can get to once a month

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I go through spurts, perfect nutrition for a month then ill fall off the bandwagon for a few days here and there.

Right now i am eating malted milk balls, earlier today I had some apple pie. I'm in one of those downswings.

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
I was on vacation all week last week did'nt cheat once and had no desire to the hardest part for me is when Iam @ work and it's time for lunch or on the weekend when there are not many options available (out with friends or family and they dont eat every 2 1/2-3 hours like I do)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Right now.. 5 days sub sub-maintenance, 1 day maintenance-ish, 1 day over maintenance. Cheats/refeeds are a part of my diet, so I guess my answer would either be none of the above, or all of the above.

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Most of the time my diet is very controlled. Occasionally I will not count or track something I am eating, but that is very occasional.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
On average I cheat once a week, usually on the weekend but I'm so used to just easting the regular 6 meals a day that sometimes I forget, and stay clean. Forget which pro said this but they said, get your meal requirements in for the day and it doesn't matter if you cheat. That statement probably meant as a casual thing and not meant to be done every day. If I really go off the deep end, I can't wait to get back on track, and usually do heavy cardio the following day.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
On average I cheat once a week, usually on the weekend but I'm so used to just easting the regular 6 meals a day that sometimes I forget, and stay clean. Forget which pro said this but they said, get your meal requirements in for the day and it doesn't matter if you cheat. That statement probably meant as a casual thing and not meant to be done every day. If I really go off the deep end, I can't wait to get back on track, and usually do heavy cardio the following day.
This is what I beleive is the most harmful. Cheating and doing too much cardio next day. When I cheat, I don't feel guilty at all, (I try to lol) as if I overtrain and do too much cardio, that cheat meal would have cost a lot in the end.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My idea of a cheat meal is going out to order a meal at TGIF and noticing that the chicken breast is too small (probably only 30g protein) and there are too few of veggies. I don't really ever cheat unless I HAVE to...like I'm visiting family and I have to eat their dinner and it's something awful like fatty roast beef...Which pisses me off because I don't really even like that anyways. Wasting a perfectly good cheat meal on something I don't even enjoy. Bleh.

If I cheat, I feel like my body is saying, "F- you."

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
This is what I beleive is the most harmful. Cheating and doing too much cardio next day. When I cheat, I don't feel guilty at all, (I try to lol) as if I overtrain and do too much cardio, that cheat meal would have cost a lot in the end.
I see what you're saying but for me it's mental. At the time it's like "Saweeeeet, I get to eat a bunch of pizza!" Then later on that day I'm like "Damn, why did I have to eat so much pizza!" And I wouldn't say that causes me to over train the next day, but I'll do higher intensity, or more cardio than I would do normally, just to burn some of the junk off.
Otherwise I feel like that all day!
:donut:
I don't really ever cheat unless I HAVE to...like I'm visiting family and I have to eat their dinner and it's something awful like fatty roast beef...Which pisses me off because I don't really even like that anyways. Wasting a perfectly good cheat meal on something I don't even enjoy. Bleh.
Dude I HATE it when I've been eating super strict all week long and then I end up having to eat some crap cheat food I don't even wanna eat, or like to begin with.

pharmapete

Awards
cheating is for losers....i don't cheat nor do I ever eat Diary (lactose and casein) or Wheat (gluten) or fish contaminated with heavy metals unless its wild caught fresh water salmon. I also don't eat fried meats, only pan steamed, baked, boiled, or grilled. Fried cholesterol clogs your arteries and doesn't help your joints.

I do have top secret healthy cheat foods.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
cheating is for losers....i don't cheat nor do I ever eat Diary (lactose and casein) or Wheat (gluten) or fish contaminated with heavy metals unless its wild caught fresh water salmon. I also don't eat fried meats, only pan steamed, baked, boiled, or grilled. Fried cholesterol clogs your arteries and doesn't help your joints.

pete-

In that case Option 'E' is probably what you would want to choose.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

Good for you, but I don't think of myself as a loser, or anyone else is if a cheat meal once a month or once a week or what ever is they want to do.

Last edited:
Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
2-3 times a month.

A "cheat" meal for me is a chicken taco salad (no sour cream) and some guacamole dip and chips.

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
diet?

everybody talks about eatting clean and what not but sometimes you can only take so much...

Last edited:
scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For me it is more so about carb control. I'm about as endo as it gets. If I ate mega amouts of food like I used to, gaining 10lbs of fat in 3 weeks is very acheievable. In turn I have to keep my carbs relatively low because they just store too easily.

I'm in the same boat. I"m very carb sensitive so have to watch them so close. Holidays are killers for me.