Muscletech's hydroxycut

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone else noticed this?

They've been using the same ads for hydroxycut since like 2003. But the formula for hydroxycut has been redone about a dozen times since then (like when they had to drop the ephedra).

So like half the testimonies on the commercial....aren't for the same product they're even selling, are they? :think:

Discuss:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

They've been using the same ads for hydroxycut since like 2003. But the formula for hydroxycut has been redone about a dozen times since then (like when they had to drop the ephedra).

So like half the testimonies on the commercial....aren't for the same product they're even selling, are they? :think:

Discuss:
As if anything Muscle-Tech advertised or testified as being real was the truth to begin with ! ha!

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established

Discuss:
hydroxycut started going downhill ever since they dropped the ephedra

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I tried Hydroxycut Hardcore Gelcaps last year and it made me a jittery, nautious, sweaty, random wood getting mess.

I dont recommend it.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
But it helped Jay win his second Olympia?:toofunny:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a good point. But at least when stretching the truth, it's all about the same thing you are selling.

This is like using the Testimonies from Halodrol-50 to sell Halodrol Liquid Gels. Or Superdrol to sell SDNG.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's a good point. But at least when stretching the truth, it's all about the same thing you are selling.

This is like using the Testimonies from Halodrol-50 to sell Halodrol Liquid Gels. Or Superdrol to sell SDNG.

Many times, unfortunately, you just have to try it out. Lots of postive testimonies might indicate that it is a good product, but I'd never rely on a testimony to reveal a product's true value.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many times, unfortunately, you just have to try it out. Lots of postive testimonies might indicate that it is a good product, but I'd never rely on a testimony to reveal a product's true value.
I completely agree.

Did you ever see the episode of Dateline where they made an infomercial? They encapsulated Chocolate Milk mix and started an ad campaign for it as an anti-aging supplement. Testimonies, graphs, even had doctors endorsing it :jaw:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree.

Did you ever see the episode of Dateline where they made an infomercial? They encapsulated Chocolate Milk mix and started an ad campaign for it as an anti-aging supplement. Testimonies, graphs, even had doctors endorsing it :jaw:
That was probably Pat Robertson's products. Kinda like how he did a 2,000lb leg press or something like that.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was probably Pat Robertson's products. Kinda like how he did a 2,000lb leg press or something like that.
To move 2000lbs on a 45 degree leg press a total of 6 inches, he is expending a whopping 0.9 kcal of work. It's a good thing he drinks his special protein.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think in the video he is actually pushing his knees with both of his hands. He probably should have used knees wraps instead because he was being so hardcore.

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established

exactly, they take a main active ingredient out and replace it by another saying its better than before when in fact it isn't, it may be worst or just not as affective. Just like this new Hydroxycut

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ya I don't see how it is any different from capitalizing off past products, such as the 2 you mentioned. Putting "#1 Selling PH" in huge letters in the ads for SDNG is the same thing IMO. I haven't seen exactly how HLG is advertised in that regard, I'm distracted by Marzia :p

But again, I see no difference really.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not arguing about rereleasing the product under a new formula. It happens all the time.

I'm arguing about advertising using data which is no longer valid. If someone lost 10lbs using hydroxycut, that's no longer valid information to be advertised since that version no longer exists and there is no mention of the fact that it was a different version.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what you're saying is the AX needs more hotties in their ads, right?

donny

Awards
One time IN THE SAME MAGAZINE they had the same guy in both of these ads:

-One with hydroxycut the guy losing like 30lbs in 8 weeks or whatever

-The next ad he GAINED 30lbs in 8 weeks using mesotech. It was the most hilarious thing ive read. And im being completely serious, same magazine, same guy.