Syntrax Nectar vs Isopure

  1. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Syntrax Nectar vs Isopure


    I have looked into both of these (syntrax nectar and isopure) and they seem to be equally as good. Though one has about 7 more calories than the other, I've heard the Nectar tastes far better than Isopure.


    Which one works better in your opinion? And if there are any on the same plane as these, what are they? Annnndddd, which has the best taste?

  2. Registered User
    Schmazz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by anbreeuh View Post
    I have looked into both of these (syntrax nectar and isopure) and they seem to be equally as good. Though one has about 7 more calories than the other, I've heard the Nectar tastes far better than Isopure.


    Which one works better in your opinion? And if there are any on the same plane as these, what are they? Annnndddd, which has the best taste?
    Their amino profiles looked about the same when I glanced it over, plus the Nectar was cheaper. However, I got scared because I hadn't heard of Nectar before, and bought the Isopure. After getting the samples of it from NP I completely regret buying the Isopure. The nectar tasted at least twice as good.

    Learn from my mistake: go with the Nectar.
  3. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0


    Im allergic to most forms of whey but isopure. In reguards to taste, Isopure has a very dry taste in your mouth. Since I get most of my protien sources from food, I only need a protien shake for Post Workout Nutrition. I take Isopure with about 10 teaspoons of Dextrose (Corn Sugar) and it taste like fruit punch soda.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Schmazz View Post
    Their amino profiles looked about the same when I glanced it over, plus the Nectar was cheaper. However, I got scared because I hadn't heard of Nectar before, and bought the Isopure. After getting the samples of it from NP I completely regret buying the Isopure. The nectar tasted at least twice as good.

    Learn from my mistake: go with the Nectar.
    Really? What were the samples of (taste wise, I mean-- what flavors)? Nutritionally, is the Nectar better for you?
  5. Registered User
    Schmazz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by anbreeuh View Post
    Really? What were the samples of (taste wise, I mean-- what flavors)? Nutritionally, is the Nectar better for you?
    I currently have the "Alpine Punch" Isopure, and I had the Kiwi-Strawberry Nectar. The nectar tasted just like juice, whereas the Isopure is quite chalky and dry, and tastes quite artificial. Nutritionally they're nearly identical.
  6. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Schmazz View Post
    I currently have the "Alpine Punch" Isopure, and I had the Kiwi-Strawberry Nectar. The nectar tasted just like juice, whereas the Isopure is quite chalky and dry, and tastes quite artificial. Nutritionally they're nearly identical.
    Ahh. Okay. Thank you! I was looking into the fuzzy navel, because it just seemed more appetizing than the other flavors. Chalky and dry wouldn't work well with me. Thank you! If you have any other suggestions-- let me know!
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    the nectar is the bomb. the carribean cooler I didn't like much, the crystal sky is great, I repeatedly buy the lemonade, and the apple rocks too. I had another one of the flavors too but cant remember it. the nectars taste so good, you can actually eat the powder, without water.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0


    wow. thanks for the heads up easy. I might have to try nectar. Ive tried Isopure and I love it, and from the description, sounds like ill be in for a treat. It's pretty cheap too!
  9. Registered User
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0


    be careful. Me and Chuck both used to buy Nectar protein before as we both get GI problems when we used them. After awhile I started getting GI problems again with the Nectar. They must have changed their formula or did something b/c my body is reacting to it like it did to just regular whey. Heads up for anyone who get GI disorders from whey.
  10. Registered User
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0


    I just use soy and egg now. Well, I don't use protein powder anymore, but when I used to I used those 2.
  11. Registered User
    LiftNDestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    453
    Answers
    0


    Other than the fact that Nectar is sweetened with allot of sucralose, I'd say go with it. However something tells me the Isopure is more nutritionally sound.
  12. Registered User
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,052
    Answers
    0


    Nectar FTW!

    I got a bit tired of chocolate or 'creamier' flavors, so I decided to hit up Nectar for a while. Mixes nice, not chalky or clumpy at all. Hats off to the flavors as well...currently using Twisted Cherry with the Apple coming soon enough.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  13. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Wow. I think the Nectar it is. Flavor wise, has anyone tried the fuzzy navel? Thanks, guys!
  14. Registered User
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Answers
    0


    So many like the taste of Nectar that I feel so stupid to say that I can't even get a single serving of the Apple Ecstasy down (and I can drink damn near anything). Maybe I have an extra gene that makes it taste bitter like that crazy tasting paper everybody tasted in high school science class haha.. I have no idea why it tastes so bad to me! I do enjoy Isopure's taste though but that seems to go against the norm.. oh well, I would go with Isopure but it's a no brainer for me -- they both look equal in nutrition so you probly can't go wrong
  15. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Answers
    0


    Isopure is horrible tasting... the texture ruins it for me. I am currently drinking a sample of nectar and really like it... But honesly why not get anabolic innovations isolate? They are a super solid company
  16. Registered User
    LetItSinkInx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33
    Answers
    0


    go with nectar, it tastes good and is good for the goals you are striving for.
  17. Registered User
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,912
    Answers
    0


    no syntrax hate over on this board i see...
  18. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    So many like the taste of Nectar that I feel so stupid to say that I can't even get a single serving of the Apple Ecstasy down (and I can drink damn near anything). Maybe I have an extra gene that makes it taste bitter like that crazy tasting paper everybody tasted in high school science class haha.. I have no idea why it tastes so bad to me! I do enjoy Isopure's taste though but that seems to go against the norm.. oh well, I would go with Isopure but it's a no brainer for me -- they both look equal in nutrition so you probly can't go wrong
    Hmmm. Interesting. From what I've read it's chalky, and I personally couldn't down that. I'm really bad with weird textured anything, so that would probably down it for me. Would you say it has a textured consistency? I'm so full of questions, it seems! Haha.
  19. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    no syntrax hate over on this board i see...
    explain.
  20. Registered User
    anbreeuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by LetItSinkInx View Post
    go with nectar, it tastes good and is good for the goals you are striving for.
    Thank you for the input, but I'm not sure if you know the goals for which I strive! Love ya' sugar.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by anbreeuh View Post
    explain.
    People seem to like Syntrax here much more than they do at bb.com(since most here aren't getting sued).
  22. Registered User
    BabyCAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    no syntrax hate over on this board i see...
    I noticed that as well.

    Worried to post anything as I might get ambushed.

    BUT looks ok to say that I use the lemonade nectar and think it is a very good protien product. No complaints.
  23. Registered User
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,912
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BabyCAP View Post
    I noticed that as well.

    Worried to post anything as I might get ambushed.

    BUT looks ok to say that I use the lemonade nectar and think it is a very good protien product. No complaints.
    im sure their protein IS a great protein. howeverrrr....



    thats a whole nother thread. glad you guys like your protein at least

  24. Registered User
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by anbreeuh View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. From what I've read it's chalky, and I personally couldn't down that. I'm really bad with weird textured anything, so that would probably down it for me. Would you say it has a textured consistency? I'm so full of questions, it seems! Haha.
    In all honesty it's not even a texture thing for me -- its just a really funky bitter taste that does it .. it's foamy but that's never a problem cause i just throw that b in the fridge for a few and it's all good.. but yeah the texture was never really a problem! Also I can't say anything about the other flavors as I've never tried them! I would like to try that lemonade though.. I tried trueprotein's lemonade flavor and liked it!
  25. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    I don't mind the isopure RTD bottles too much, sometimes i buy them if i'm thirsty as hell + walking past a GNC
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  26. Registered User
    LiftNDestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    453
    Answers
    0


    Anyone care to explain why it's not ok to like Nectar? Maybe I'm out of the loop here but I'm just curious.
  27. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    723
    Answers
    0


    Isopure tastes terrible IMHO. Tastes like WPC - creamy/chalky.

    Nectar tastes like WPI should taste - great.

    I'd go with nectar based on flavor/price.

    I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in gains from one WPI vs another.
  28. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    723
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    Anyone care to explain why it's not ok to like Nectar? Maybe I'm out of the loop here but I'm just curious.
    Because of Syntrax's business practices. Some of the things they do show a lack of character in my opinion, and most people would agree with me.
  29. Registered User
    LiftNDestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    453
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx View Post
    Because of Syntrax's business practices. Some of the things they do show a lack of character in my opinion, and most people would agree with me.
    ahh ok gotcha!
  30. Registered User
    muller's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    210
    Answers
    0


    NECTAR ROCKS!!!!! it aint no protein shake, think of it like protein water.. like propel.. MM MMMM
  31. Registered User
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,813
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx View Post
    Isopure tastes terrible IMHO. Tastes like WPC - creamy/chalky.

    Nectar tastes like WPI should taste - great.

    I'd go with nectar based on flavor/price.

    I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in gains from one WPI vs another.

    exactly.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  32. Registered User
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,504
    Answers
    0


    I've had isopure banana mango or whatever and it tasted fine. It doesn't mix well if you shake it. You have to blend, but even then you're susceptible to excessive foam. Bunch of vitamins in it though. Never had Nectar. Also the price sucks for the amount of servings. I go with allthewhey.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Syntrax Nectar vs All The Whey...isolate battle
    By firedoghfd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
  2. Syntrax Nectar? or CytoSport Muscle Milk?
    By phantasmagori in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM
  3. Syntrax Swole Vs. Eas Phosphagen Hp
    By NO MERCY in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:27 AM
  4. Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel
    By NO MERCY in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in