Syntrax Nectar vs Isopure

anbreeuh

Awards
I have looked into both of these (syntrax nectar and isopure) and they seem to be equally as good. Though one has about 7 more calories than the other, I've heard the Nectar tastes far better than Isopure.

Which one works better in your opinion? And if there are any on the same plane as these, what are they? Annnndddd, which has the best taste?

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
I have looked into both of these (syntrax nectar and isopure) and they seem to be equally as good. Though one has about 7 more calories than the other, I've heard the Nectar tastes far better than Isopure.

Which one works better in your opinion? And if there are any on the same plane as these, what are they? Annnndddd, which has the best taste?
Their amino profiles looked about the same when I glanced it over, plus the Nectar was cheaper. However, I got scared because I hadn't heard of Nectar before, and bought the Isopure. After getting the samples of it from NP I completely regret buying the Isopure. The nectar tasted at least twice as good.

Learn from my mistake: go with the Nectar.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Im allergic to most forms of whey but isopure. In reguards to taste, Isopure has a very dry taste in your mouth. Since I get most of my protien sources from food, I only need a protien shake for Post Workout Nutrition. I take Isopure with about 10 teaspoons of Dextrose (Corn Sugar) and it taste like fruit punch soda.

anbreeuh

Awards
Their amino profiles looked about the same when I glanced it over, plus the Nectar was cheaper. However, I got scared because I hadn't heard of Nectar before, and bought the Isopure. After getting the samples of it from NP I completely regret buying the Isopure. The nectar tasted at least twice as good.

Learn from my mistake: go with the Nectar.
Really? What were the samples of (taste wise, I mean-- what flavors)? Nutritionally, is the Nectar better for you?

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
Really? What were the samples of (taste wise, I mean-- what flavors)? Nutritionally, is the Nectar better for you?
I currently have the "Alpine Punch" Isopure, and I had the Kiwi-Strawberry Nectar. The nectar tasted just like juice, whereas the Isopure is quite chalky and dry, and tastes quite artificial. Nutritionally they're nearly identical.

anbreeuh

Awards
I currently have the "Alpine Punch" Isopure, and I had the Kiwi-Strawberry Nectar. The nectar tasted just like juice, whereas the Isopure is quite chalky and dry, and tastes quite artificial. Nutritionally they're nearly identical.
Ahh. Okay. Thank you! I was looking into the fuzzy navel, because it just seemed more appetizing than the other flavors. Chalky and dry wouldn't work well with me. Thank you! If you have any other suggestions-- let me know!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the nectar is the bomb. the carribean cooler I didn't like much, the crystal sky is great, I repeatedly buy the lemonade, and the apple rocks too. I had another one of the flavors too but cant remember it. the nectars taste so good, you can actually eat the powder, without water.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
wow. thanks for the heads up easy. I might have to try nectar. Ive tried Isopure and I love it, and from the description, sounds like ill be in for a treat. :thumbsup: It's pretty cheap too!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
be careful. Me and Chuck both used to buy Nectar protein before as we both get GI problems when we used them. After awhile I started getting GI problems again with the Nectar. They must have changed their formula or did something b/c my body is reacting to it like it did to just regular whey. Heads up for anyone who get GI disorders from whey.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I just use soy and egg now. Well, I don't use protein powder anymore, but when I used to I used those 2.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Other than the fact that Nectar is sweetened with allot of sucralose, I'd say go with it. However something tells me the Isopure is more nutritionally sound.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nectar FTW!

I got a bit tired of chocolate or 'creamier' flavors, so I decided to hit up Nectar for a while. Mixes nice, not chalky or clumpy at all. Hats off to the flavors as well...currently using Twisted Cherry with the Apple coming soon enough.

anbreeuh

Awards
Wow. I think the Nectar it is. Flavor wise, has anyone tried the fuzzy navel? Thanks, guys!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
So many like the taste of Nectar that I feel so stupid to say that I can't even get a single serving of the Apple Ecstasy down (and I can drink damn near anything). Maybe I have an extra gene that makes it taste bitter like that crazy tasting paper everybody tasted in high school science class haha.. I have no idea why it tastes so bad to me! I do enjoy Isopure's taste though but that seems to go against the norm.. oh well, I would go with Isopure but it's a no brainer for me -- they both look equal in nutrition so you probly can't go wrong :numbered:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Isopure is horrible tasting... the texture ruins it for me. I am currently drinking a sample of nectar and really like it... But honesly why not get anabolic innovations isolate? They are a super solid company

LetItSinkInx

LetItSinkInx

Awards
go with nectar, it tastes good and is good for the goals you are striving for.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no syntrax hate over on this board i see...

anbreeuh

Awards
So many like the taste of Nectar that I feel so stupid to say that I can't even get a single serving of the Apple Ecstasy down (and I can drink damn near anything). Maybe I have an extra gene that makes it taste bitter like that crazy tasting paper everybody tasted in high school science class haha.. I have no idea why it tastes so bad to me! I do enjoy Isopure's taste though but that seems to go against the norm.. oh well, I would go with Isopure but it's a no brainer for me -- they both look equal in nutrition so you probly can't go wrong :numbered:
Hmmm. Interesting. From what I've read it's chalky, and I personally couldn't down that. I'm really bad with weird textured anything, so that would probably down it for me. Would you say it has a textured consistency? I'm so full of questions, it seems! Haha.

BabyCAP

BabyCAP

Awards
no syntrax hate over on this board i see...
I noticed that as well.

Worried to post anything as I might get ambushed.

BUT looks ok to say that I use the lemonade nectar and think it is a very good protien product. No complaints.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed that as well.

Worried to post anything as I might get ambushed.

BUT looks ok to say that I use the lemonade nectar and think it is a very good protien product. No complaints.
im sure their protein IS a great protein. howeverrrr....

thats a whole nother thread. glad you guys like your protein at least

:D

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Interesting. From what I've read it's chalky, and I personally couldn't down that. I'm really bad with weird textured anything, so that would probably down it for me. Would you say it has a textured consistency? I'm so full of questions, it seems! Haha.
In all honesty it's not even a texture thing for me -- its just a really funky bitter taste that does it .. it's foamy but that's never a problem cause i just throw that b in the fridge for a few and it's all good.. but yeah the texture was never really a problem! Also I can't say anything about the other flavors as I've never tried them! I would like to try that lemonade though.. I tried trueprotein's lemonade flavor and liked it! :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't mind the isopure RTD bottles too much, sometimes i buy them if i'm thirsty as hell + walking past a GNC :)

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Anyone care to explain why it's not ok to like Nectar? Maybe I'm out of the loop here but I'm just curious.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Isopure tastes terrible IMHO. Tastes like WPC - creamy/chalky.

Nectar tastes like WPI should taste - great.

I'd go with nectar based on flavor/price.

I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in gains from one WPI vs another.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone care to explain why it's not ok to like Nectar? Maybe I'm out of the loop here but I'm just curious.
Because of Syntrax's business practices. Some of the things they do show a lack of character in my opinion, and most people would agree with me.

muller

muller

Awards
NECTAR ROCKS!!!!! it aint no protein shake, think of it like protein water.. like propel.. MM MMMM

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Isopure tastes terrible IMHO. Tastes like WPC - creamy/chalky.

Nectar tastes like WPI should taste - great.

I'd go with nectar based on flavor/price.

I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in gains from one WPI vs another.

exactly.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I've had isopure banana mango or whatever and it tasted fine. It doesn't mix well if you shake it. You have to blend, but even then you're susceptible to excessive foam. Bunch of vitamins in it though. Never had Nectar. Also the price sucks for the amount of servings. I go with allthewhey.