Best Tasting Protein Powder?

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Before stating my question, I looked on the 6 page poll on the 2nd page. Most recommended AI, but I can't figure out how to buy it. I looked at two dealers AND the home site......can't find it anywhere.

I really need to work in a protein shake every day. My history with these is I used to buy the stuff with low fat and low carbs, so after a few days I'd be tired of it because it didn't taste very good to start with.

So what IS the best tasting brand RIGHT NOW? Sugar....OK, fat...OK, just need something I can stick to.

Thanks!

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
I haven't tried the Xtreme Formulations protien, but Optimum Nutrition's Rocky Road is the best tasting protien i have ever tried... ive tried many different brands and flavors and nothing compares...mixed with skim milk it tastes like rocky road ice cream... out of this world deliscious...i look forward to my protien every day now.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
The best tasting powder that I ever had was Dymatize cookies and cream. That stuff was the bomb!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is one of these DAMN threads 1-2 times a week! Enough!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Get one with a good profile, but most importantly tastes good at a decent price. I see these threads all the time. There's a bazillion diff proteins out there, many offer samples. Try some pick (2) so you don't get bored with the flavor and go with it! :cheers:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how the powder compares to the pre-made drinks, but the pre-made Muscle Milk RTD's in the milk chocolate flavor are by far my favorite tasting protein shake.

Taste it at a local supplement store - it can run you for $3.50 for a single ready to drink shake, but man are they great once in a while.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
just bought ON 100% Whey Chocolate mint, tastes amaaaazzing

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I might get flamed, but BSN's Lean Dessert is really good. When I mixed it with milk it had the consistency of pudding. Also BSN's Syntha-6.

However, they are EXPENSIVE so I won't buy them. (I get trueprotein.com) But I tried samples of the Lean DEssert Vanilla, Chocolate and the Syntha6 Cookies and Cream. Yummy.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I might get flamed, but BSN's Lean Dessert is really good. When I mixed it with milk it had the consistency of pudding. Also BSN's Syntha-6.

However, they are EXPENSIVE so I won't buy them. (I get trueprotein.com) But I tried samples of the Lean DEssert Vanilla, Chocolate and the Syntha6 Cookies and Cream. Yummy.
I know people here hate bsn but good taste is good taste and syntha 6 is it! Also Syntrax Nectar, Apple Ecstasy tastes like liquid jolly rancher!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how the powder compares to the pre-made drinks, but the pre-made Muscle Milk RTD's in the milk chocolate flavor are by far my favorite tasting protein shake.

Taste it at a local supplement store - it can run you for $3.50 for a single ready to drink shake, but man are they great once in a while.
The Muscle Milk RTD Banana Creme is THE BEST tasting one I have tried!! Optimum nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Fruit punch Flavor is also damn good! I also like ON 100% WHey Chocolate flavor. I know this next one is more of a lean weight gainer formula, but it comes a close second to MM Banana Creme(but this is a powder formula) is Nutrabolics IsoGainer Cinnamon Vanilla!! It tates amazing, but gives me gas like crazy:toilet: :fart:(lactose)!!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
The Muscle Milk RTD Banana Creme is THE BEST tasting one I have tried!! Optimum nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Fruit punch Flavor is also damn good! I also like ON 100% WHey Chocolate flavor. I know this next one is more of a lean weight gainer formula, but it comes a close second to MM Banana Creme(but this is a powder formula) is Nutrabolics IsoGainer Cinnamon Vanilla!! It tates amazing, but gives me gas like crazy:toilet: :fart:(lactose)!!
I'd try it, but every time I get MM I just can't turn away the milk chocolate! I've been meaning to try the other kinds for a while now though lol...

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
If a little extra fat and sugar are okay, look into Xtreme Formulations' Ultra Peptide 2.0, specifically the Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Ultra Peptide 2.0 (2 lb) By Xtreme Formulations
YES YES YES!!! :thumbsup:

I just got 4 tubs of UP 2.0, all different flavors. They beat out ANYTHING I've ever had and I've had everything out there. Delicious protein.:head:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
YES YES YES!!! :thumbsup:

I just got 4 tubs of UP 2.0, all different flavors. They beat out ANYTHING I've ever had and I've had everything out there. Delicious protein.:head:
well I just bought a tub of the pb choc since it seems to be everyone's fave, I've sure got some high hopes!

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I was eating the powder dry with a spoon earlier. :food:

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I've tried a lot of different proteins out there and Ergopharm's GF-Pro orange cream is hands down my favorite.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I do that with MM
I love Muscle Milk, but this Ultra Peptide 2.0 is even better. It's better and has less fat/carbs in it. Seriously, if you like MM, try geting some UP. :thumbsup:

I've tried a lot of different proteins out there and Ergopharm's GF-Pro orange cream is hands down my favorite.
GF-Pro had some of the best flavors, but the protein had a tendency to clump and not mix too well. I'm gonna sound like a shill, but in the case of whey isolate, I gotta go with watermelon Whey Supremacy from BSL. Perfect flavor and mixes easily.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I agree. GF-Pro doesn't mix well at all. Even if I use a blender I still get clumps sometimes.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
ON 100% whey double chocolate, tastes exactly like choco milk.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Uhh, that quote you got in your sig, it's not by A7X. That was originally stated by Samuel Johnson and later quoted in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter Thompson (for whom the song Bat Country is dedicated). The quote is actually stated: "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."