Anti-Cortisol Supps

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cortisol adrenal support supps

Should they make you hungry or suppress app?

I have been using Re-Set AD and love it for restoring adrenals BUT man, I am starving all the time. What's the deal here?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I've used Lean Xtreme and it did nothing to my appetite.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry to say but ive taken a lot of anti cortisol supps, restore by ALRI and retainx2 mainly, and ive never had an appetite incease. Maybe you should look at your diet its possible you body is craving something that you not giving it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Reset AD causing appetite increase? hmmmm... Adrenal glands have more of a function than to spit out cortisol. It could be that your adrenals are healthy enough now to secrete a larger amount of DHEA and as a result of your endogenous DHEA increase, your appetite is rising concurrently. Almost all users of DHEA supplements report heightened appetite.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe that's what it is. I wish I could figure it out. Im blowing up fast. lol

Appetite control is usually quite easy for me.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should they make you hungry or suppress app?

I have been using Re-Set AD and love it for restoring adrenals BUT man, I am starving all the time. What's the deal here?
High cortisol levels are positively correlated with increased appetite. Anti-cortisol supplements should, therefore, produce the opposite effect, namely, loss of appetite, amongst others.

Here is why.

As you know, cortisol is a steriod hormone produced in the cortex of the adrenal glands located atop of each kidney. Cortisol secretion occurs irregularly and is triggered by fasting, eating, exercising, the process of waking up, and stressors. Cortisol functions to regulate and mobilize energy. Cortisol carries out its energy-regulating function when it selects the type and amount of carbohydrate, fat or protein that the body requires to satisfy physiological needs. Cortisol carries out its energy-mobilizing function when it moves body fat from one location to another or when it feeds hungry tissue with it.

Furthermore, cortisol can furnish the body with protein for energy production via a process called gluconeogenesis. This is the process of converting amino acids into functional carbohydrate (glucose) in the liver. Cortisol also supports the growth of adipocytes into mature fat cells. Cortisol is also an anti-inflammatory agent.

Increased secretion of cortisol is associated with increased appetite, sugar cravings, and weight gain. This is thought to be because cortisol impacts food ingestion by binding to receptors in the hypothalamus of the brain. This can motivate an individual to crave for and consume food high in fat and or sugar. Furthermore, cortisol also produces an indirect influence on appetite via the regulation of other chemicals released during stress. These include corticotrophin releasing hormone (CRH), leptin, and neuropeptide Y (NPY). Appetite stimulation can occur when levels of NPY and CRH are high and levels of leptin are low.

Anti-cortisol compounds or supplements produce, amongst others, low levels of NPY and CRH and high levels of leptin. These combine to stifle appetite.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
High cortisol levels are positively correlated with increased appetite. Anti-cortisol supplements should, therefore, produce the opposite effect, namely, loss of appetite, amongst others.

Here is why.

As you know, cortisol is a steriod hormone produced in the cortex of the adrenal glands located atop of each kidney. Cortisol secretion occurs irregularly and is triggered by fasting, eating, exercising, the process of waking up, and stressors. Cortisol functions to regulate and mobilize energy. Cortisol carries out its energy-regulating function when it selects the type and amount of carbohydrate, fat or protein that the body requires to satisfy physiological needs. Cortisol carries out its energy-mobilizing function when it moves body fat from one location to another or when it feeds hungry tissue with it.

Furthermore, cortisol can furnish the body with protein for energy production via a process called gluconeogenesis. This is the process of converting amino acids into functional carbohydrate (glucose) in the liver. Cortisol also supports the growth of adipocytes into mature fat cells. Cortisol is also an anti-inflammatory agent.

Increased secretion of cortisol is associated with increased appetite, sugar cravings, and weight gain. This is thought to be because cortisol impacts food ingestion by binding to receptors in the hypothalamus of the brain. This can motivate an individual to crave for and consume food high in fat and or sugar. Furthermore, cortisol also produces an indirect influence on appetite via the regulation of other chemicals released during stress. These include corticotrophin releasing hormone (CRH), leptin, and neuropeptide Y (NPY). Appetite stimulation can occur when levels of NPY and CRH are high and levels of leptin are low.

Anti-cortisol compounds or supplements produce, amongst others, low levels of NPY and CRH and high levels of leptin. These combine to stifle appetite.
Can you cite this please? It's good to put information that is taken from a source in quotes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reset AD causing appetite increase? hmmmm... Adrenal glands have more of a function than to spit out cortisol. It could be that your adrenals are healthy enough now to secrete a larger amount of DHEA and as a result of your endogenous DHEA increase, your appetite is rising concurrently. Almost all users of DHEA supplements report heightened appetite.
I'm taking reset ad along with superdrol NG, and having a hard time making my caloric goals I have such little appetite

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking reset ad along with superdrol NG, and having a hard time making my caloric goals I have such little appetite
Caffeine and yohimbine HCL blunting your appetite?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
apparently, but a good bit of dhea there as well

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... I guess different strokes for different folks, right? I was taking a guess at a 'long-shot' of what might be causing the appetite increase... however, yeah some people respond different to C/Y stacks, some people's enzyme contents convert DHEA more efficiently than others, etc. Lots of factors out there; I was just throwing another one on the table ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, it was just interesting, specifically i'm really having a hard time right now managing to eat :) partially its my particular choice of diet too, as i'm eating 16 eggs a day now, trying to take in extra arachidonic acid along with x-factor

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
yeah, it was just interesting, specifically i'm really having a hard time right now managing to eat :) partially its my particular choice of diet too, as i'm eating 16 eggs a day now, trying to take in extra arachidonic acid along with x-factor
Dang dawg! lol. I thank you again for enlightenment on fish oil megadosing. I've tapered down from 50 grams of Omega 3 to a daily intake of 20 or more grams of pure fish oil (omega-3).