Cortisol blocker timing

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
Can I hear some opinions on cortisol blockers and their timing. I am considering adding something like RETAIN2 for my AM fasted cardio. I currently am taking powerfull, dcp, and leucine (~4-5g) when I wake up before the workout. I have been cutting well on this routine (and with a good diet), but I'm wondering if my cortisol levels are inhibiting/slowing fat loss. I read in another thread that cortisol levels are at their peak in the morning.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Am and in the afternoon seem to be best. Those seem to be when its at its highest.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am and in the afternoon seem to be best. Those seem to be when its at its highest.
Good suggestion, plus one after workout if you have the molla.:thumbsup:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Good suggestion, plus one after workout if you have the molla.:thumbsup:
I was thinking that but I wasn't 100% sure, although it makes perfect sense esp if u workout longer than an hour.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, yeah... I'd agree that AM and RIGHT before the workout is good (gives the b-triol enough time to activate while at that point it should be 45 minutes into the workout when cortisol starts skyrocketing) and also a dose before bed as Relora is a great mellowing agent.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently cutting and finishing out a bottle of Lean Extreme - switching over to Retain2 with the same timing. Here's when I'm dosing:

8am
12noon
4pm (pre-workout)
6pm (post-workout when I get home)
11pm (before bed)

If I don't have an intense or long workout, I may skip the one afterwards.

Most important times are when you wake up, about 4 hours later, and after any workout lasting more than about an hour. These are the times when the cortisol release is at its greatest, and hence when taking a cort control will help the most.

Good luck!

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
Thanks for the timing suggestions. I started on RETAIN2 this morning. I'll see how well it does over the next couple weeks...

:bruce3: