how to take pills!!????

TheSeed

Awards
Im new here, im from NYC! anyway im taking some multi-vitamins and cant seem to swallow (no homo) them. it takes for ever for me to do so. And i have been doing some research and thinking about taking Diesel Test hardcore, and thats like 5 pills a day! anyone have tips on swallowing pills?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Im new here, im from NYC! anyway im taking some multi-vitamins and cant seem to swallow (no homo) them. it takes for ever for me to do so. And i have been doing some research and thinking about taking Diesel Test hardcore, and thats like 5 pills a day! anyone have tips on swallowing pills?
I wished I could help u out, just letting u know that ur note alone. Well I have trouble with tablets not caps.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I have similar problems with some tabs that are seem that is meant for some type of animal. What I do is get some water in, pop the tab and tilt my head backwards and let the pill settle in the back and chug it.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If they are tablets, break them up into pieces to make them smaller.

Then similar to what bombBoogie said, put one (or more) in your mouth, take some water in, let the pill/tab get to the back of your mouth/throat, tilt your head back and open your throat. Voila!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its more mental than anything. My problem dates back to when I was a kid and chocked on a pill. Boom been kinda freaked since.

I do like to take my fish oil mega softgels and bite down on them and suck the juice right out. Hardcore baby!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
could be physical as my friend cant even swallow a motriin and those are small. Id say yea, tabs, break em up. I have no problem with pills, i usually throw 5-6 in at a time and swallow them one by one real quick.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i just pop em in my mouth, with my tounge shove em to the back and top of my throught and either swallow water if required, or multiple pills, and let it down, or just shove it down and do a swallowing motion dry to let it go down. an easy way to practice taking them, thats cheap is to get some m&ms or skittles and practicing with those. not the healthiest thing nutritionwise to do, but if thats what it takes to teach you how to take a pill, allowing you to take all these great supplements, its worth it.

TheSeed

Awards
yea but my vitatmins are no where near the size of m&ms or skittles. they are these long rectangular ones. damn you vitamin b-100 complex

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd kill myself if I couldn't swallow pills. Since I take about 80+ a day...

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
true, but the reason i find them to help, is that it gets you used to the motions of swallowing a pill.once you feel it being swallowed, your sort of get used to it and can swallow almost anything. its like once you learn to ride a mountain bike, you can still ride a bmx, or once you can drive shift, you can drive manual, etc.

mrSlate

Awards
I take them with cottage cheese. Pop a spoonfull in chew a little then put the pill in my mouth with chewed cottage cheese then swallow. The cottage cheese makes the pills slimey, works with oatmeal in the morning too. Popin the vitamins (which are generally large) sucks with just fluid,gotta take with food.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
im fine with all the pills, used to have issues with these caffeine ones i had cause they would melt the minute the touched my mouth....had to dip it in peanut butter and it went down fine...

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
you could also pop the pill open and pour it into a flavored water and just chase it down.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
you could also pop the pill open and pour it into a flavored water and just chase it down.
I did that when I was a kid...

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!"

Sugar didn't even help sometimes. There's a reason a lot of these chemical powders are capped... :rasp:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not a capsule... so that's a no go on the powder.

Try to break them in half - even take a drink of Milk before hand, it lubes (no homo) the lining of the throat.

I cannot stand tabs! BLEH!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
u can cut them in half, but its more technique because I couldnt swallow even asprin until I was about 18 and got sick and was like fck this, I need to learn how to swallow these pills.

You swallow clumps of food way bigger than a pill.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
u will get the hang of it if u keep taking them. i can take hand fulls at a time now. like 20 if i wanted not kidding

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
I take all the pills in Animal Pak in one gulp! I think it's 13 or so pills.....its all in your head, just get a big enough swig of water and you're fine.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Don't bother swallowing the pill, just put it at the back and start drinking a huge glass of water.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I take them with something carbonated, if my gag reflex is triggered then I take them while I'm reading something...like this board it distracts me and the carbonation makes them go down easier.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
hmmm.. heres an idea... Break whatever you are taking open into a shot glass fill it halfway with water and down it and wash it down with water. works good for DCP....those pills are HUGE!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i just chased down a pill cold. no water no nothing. it's lodge in my throat. :lol:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hmmm.. heres an idea... Break whatever you are taking open into a shot glass fill it halfway with water and down it and wash it down with water. works good for DCP....those pills are HUGE!
Blech....hack, gag!!!:sick: I still have some of the original ones..lol thank god I hate swallowing a bunch of pills.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
i just chased down a pill cold. no water no nothing. it's lodge in my throat. :lol:
That happened to me once with some cee pills. I burped and a puff of dust came out. Scared the **** outa me until i realized what happened.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
That happened to me once with some cee pills. I burped and a puff of dust came out. Scared the **** outa me until i realized what happened.
Hahaha happened to me too with a calcium cap. I've learnt to swallow them all dry now though, learnt out of necessity, when water just wasn't handy.

Maybe try taking a really large gulp of water with the pill and just pretend the pill isn't even there?

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
I use to pretend it was food, not bite hard but just kind of flex the cap n my mouth then swallow, just like food.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Happened to me once too. Except it was an ALA cap I took at the gym. Halfway home I had to stop the car to throw up it cuz it was stuck in my throat. :aargh:

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Happened to me once too. Except it was an ALA cap I took at the gym. Halfway home I had to stop the car to throw up it cuz it was stuck in my throat. :aargh:
Thats what happened to me when i used coffee, it melted the cap and stuck in my throat! worst thing ever hahaha

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Thats what happened to me when i used coffee, it melted the cap and stuck in my throat! worst thing ever hahaha
Bleh. I think my cap tried to go down the wrong pipe.