Your opinion is needed, help out!

LegendKiller9

LegendKiller9

Awards
Hey Guys,
I am doing a research paper/presentation for an economics course I am enrolled in. I have to do a little field work on any company base I want, I chose nutrition supplements. My question is, if you guys could change anything about the supplements, or workout gear you're currently using, what would it be (aside from price of course). Basically what would make it more comfortable, easier to use, etc. I know this is a little weird but I figured for the topic why not ask a whole lot of people who know what they're talking about and narrow down some common ones, and I feel that this forum has never steered me wrong with information before, so I'd give it a try.

Once again, I really appreciate this guys, I want this paper to really open my professor's eyes to supps./working out etc.

krogtaar

Awards
more effective is #1 for everyone i assume...in terms of gaining muscle

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Easier to use....Get the FDA/DEA's nose out of it. Just kind of saying some things that are currently under scrutiny, shouldn't be in my uninformed opinion. This would lead to better products...products that have already came and gone that worked great.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to be more helpful, but the obvious things like more effective and less expensive keep coming up.

I suppose avaliablity. I live in Canada, and some of the best products are hard to get up here, and when we do, they are hella expensive.

Something that would help would be more unbiased testing that was easily avaliable to the public. So much of the testing is done by the manufacturers, and while I'm not suggesting that they aren't doing a good job (but some of them are not...cough,cough...Muscletech), I would like an unbiased group of scientist that are funded in no way shape or form by the supplement companies, but still recognized the value of supplementation, not just ones hell bent on disproving them. It can be hard to filter through testing, but if there were more known/ better sources to turn to when looking for information and effectiveness of products.

Hope this helps a bit.

DB2000

LetItSinkInx

LetItSinkInx

Awards
some kind of nongovernment oriented organization to test supplements to make sure what they say is in a pill, is in fact in a pill. i dont mean ban substances that are methylated or anything, but just one that runs tests to make sure a product is legit. ive seen some pretty sketchy stuff out there.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Respect... Here in Australia, to most people, supplements are a joke (and who can blame them, ever been to GNC?)... Supplements are thought of as snake oil, and everyone thinks diet pills are just caffeine.

Australian customs could make there ban list a little more clear, like an actual list of what's banned (right now it says "Anything anabolic").

beallio

beallio

Awards
More information regarding efficacy, ingredients and purported risks/benefits.

I believe current supplement information is asymetrically weighted in favor of companys and not the consumer.

This is not support for government interference, it is anything but. I believe the more information available to consumers the better choices they will make concerning acceptable benefits/risks.

How many times have you looked at the label of a supplement and said "what the hell is that?", and scurry off to google to look up information only to realize their is only conflicting anecdotal evidence with very little empirical research to support claims.

Of course, for those supplements with little to no research it's caveat emptor with companys' responsibly releasing what information they do have and their originating sources.

Granted, it's all a dream.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to be more helpful, but the obvious things like more effective and less expensive keep coming up.

I suppose avaliablity. I live in Canada, and some of the best products are hard to get up here, and when we do, they are hella expensive.

Something that would help would be more unbiased testing that was easily avaliable to the public. So much of the testing is done by the manufacturers, and while I'm not suggesting that they aren't doing a good job (but some of them are not...cough,cough...Muscletech), I would like an unbiased group of scientist that are funded in no way shape or form by the supplement companies, but still recognized the value of supplementation, not just ones hell bent on disproving them. It can be hard to filter through testing, but if there were more known/ better sources to turn to when looking for information and effectiveness of products.

Hope this helps a bit.

DB2000
amen brotha dancebot for president :clap2:

LegendKiller9

LegendKiller9

Awards
Thanks a lot guys, Im writing all this stuff down for the presentation, Much appreciated!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I feel bad when I hear about teenage kids taking some hardcore pro-steroids... Not sure how we could manage that stuff. I know the expression, "kids will be kids," but there's got to be a way. I'm sure if they tell their parents, "mom order this Methyl-Drol," ... Mom: "Gee... what is that?" Kid: "A new type of protein pill." Mom: "Ok, here's my card." lol

Yeah... not good.