Celebrate the Mole Get Freaking Swole Contest

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Mole Day!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, a mole is a chemists "dozen", it's Six Hundred Two Sextillion. In scientific notation, it is read as 6.02x10^23; hence the mole being celebrated today (10 to the 23rd).

So to help celebrate the mole, I thought I would throw a contest, and give the winner a sick stack I had thought of:

Hyperdrol X2 by Anabolic Xtreme
POST Cycle Support by Anabolic Innovations
Drive by Applied Nutraceuticals

rms80 of Applied Nutraceuticals was kind enough to agree to donate a bottle of Drive to the winner.

To win this prize, here's what you've gotta do:

Use math to quantify a mole, so you can see just how big it is. Whoever comes up with the most creative and elaborate expression will win the above stack of pure awesomeness.
I gained 5lbs of LBM during a MassFX cycle. Assuming gains are cummulative and linear for each pill taken, that's

5lbs/120caps = 0.04167lbs/cap

Based on these findings, one mole of MassFX caps would add 2.509x10^22 lbs or 1.255x10^19 TONS!
Hershey's Chocolate is approximately 20% cocoa by weight.
Cocoa is on average 1.6% theobromine.
A Hershey's Bar weighs 55 grams.

6.02x10^23 * 55g * 20% * 1.6% * 1kg/1000g * 1 short ton/907kg = 1.16x10^17 tons

One mole of Hershey's Bars contains 1.16x10^17 short tons of theobromine.

RULES:

(1) Must show your work (at least some of it).

(2) Contestants are only allowed ONE post in this entire thread. Any user with more than one post will be disqualified. That means only one calculation and ABSOLUTELY NO SIDE CHATTER. If you post complaining about how much you hate math, you've wasted your opportunity to participate in this contest. Accidental "Double Posts" are the only exception to this rule.

(3) This contest will go until 11:59pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, October 26th. Any posts received after this time will be ignored.

Some good resources:
Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else
Google

Tip: if you type into google Convert [unit you want to convert to] to [unit you want to convert from] it will give you the conversion factor.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
holding this spot ill think of something good. and edit this post.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
It would take 1.83 x 10^23 aspires for Wilt Chamberlain to sleep with 1 mole of women.

20000 women slept with from ages 15-40 (25 years)
25 years= 9125 days
20000 women / 9125 days = 2.1917808 women/day
1 aspire = 36 hours
36 hours = 1.5 days
2.1917808 x 1.5 = 3.2876712 women/aspire
6.02 x 10^23 women / 3.2876712 women /aspire =
1.83108335164417 x 10^23 apsire

That's 133 trillion kilotons of aspire's propriotory blend

(Edit: I feel like I should show my work for getting 133 trillion kt
1g= 1.0x10^-9 kiloton
aspire= .725g proprietory blend/aspire
1.83 x10^23 aspire x .725g /aspire = 1.33 x 10^23 g
1.33 x10^23g X 1.0 x 10^-9 kt/g = 1.33 x10^14 kt=
133,000,000,000,000 kt)

DB2000

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perfect, its a combination I could really use :D

Goat feces contain not only feed residues but endogenous substances from the goat's intestinal tract too. Swedish research established that goats excrete daily, regardless of feed type, a minimum of 34g protein, 8g fat and 13g carbohydrates for each kg (2.2 lb) feed dry matter eaten.

So if you feed a goat a mole kg of feed, you will get 6.02 * 10^23 * 34 / 1000 = 204.68 * 10^ 20 kg of protein, 6.02 * 10^23 * 8 / 1000 = 48.16 * 10^20 kg of fat, and 6.02 * 10^23 * 13 / 1000 = 78.26 * 10^20 kg of carbohydrates.

At around 150g of protein content per pound of muscle, you could gain 1.36 * 10^23 lbs of muscle! Thats 136000000000000000000000 lbs!

Get swole with a mole of goat feces!

Last edited:
Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Five friends when ordering some supplements, decided to make The Ultimate Stack to end all stacks. Each friend decided to get 5lbs of protein, and 5 for each of their friends. They can't decide on which type of protein to get, so they get a 5lber of 8 different kinds ( WPC,WPI, Micellar Cassein, Goat Whey, Pea Protein, Soy Protein, Egg Protein, Synthetic Secret Alien Protein).

Luckily all these proteins come in 20 Different Flavours, varying from Plain Vanilla to Chocolate Peanutbutter (mmm) all the way to Earwax Flavour (Harry Potter anyone ;) )

That gives them 5 Friends x 5 lbs x 5 Friends x 8 Kinds x 20= 20 000 lbs. Each of their friends , loving these proteins, recommends it to to 20 of their friends, which refer it to 50 of their friends, which refer it to 100 of their friends, which refer it to their families (and we're talking big families, 100 people!) and then finally those people all send out chain emails to 500 people each!!!

Now if we say that every single person in the world tried this (Say 6 billion or so), we would have..... drumrolll!
A Mole lbs of protein!!! or 6x10^23 lbs of protein!

Now lets say I wanted to bulk up my cat with all that protein. Like all trained people, he likes to eat 8 times a day, and will eat a pound of cat food (aka protein) per meal... Yup he's a tiger folks. Assuming he doesn't miss any meals or cheat, it will take him 2.06 x 10^17 Millenia to eat all that protein! Even if we include all his tiger brethern (7500 or so), it will still take them
2.75x10^13 Millenia to eat all that protein.. Can you say fat cat?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.......Uh...Who am I kidding? Happy mole day!

tattoopierced1

How many moles can a woodchuck chuck if.. wait, wrong thing..

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty here I go!

Ronnie Coleman weighs in at around 250 pounds on the stage. "Dat Dere Cell Tech" gives 7 pounds of LBM is 7 days. 1 container of "Dat Dere Cell Tech" has 63 servings.

63(servings) / 7(days) = 9(cycles)
9(cycles)x7(pounds)=63(pounds)

We can conclude that 1 bottle of Dat Dere Cell Tech gives in 63 pounds of mass!

Assuming Ronnie took 1 mole of Dat Dere Cell Tech

63(servings)x6.02x10^23(mole)= 3792x10^22(servings)
3792x10^22(servings) / 7(days)= 541.7x10^23(cycles)
541.7x10^23x7(pounds)= 3791.9^23x7(pounds)

That's A LOT of mass. Now if only Ronnie took Dat Dere Cell Tech that he endorses he would have more mass on than everyone at Mr.Olympia. :rofl: In fact, 1 container of Dat Dere Cell tech has now been proven to put you up there with Ronnie with just 1 container. How's that for steroid replacements? :cheers: In fact, If only Ronnie took his Dat Dere Cell Tech, He might have placed 1st in Mr.Olympia this year, instead Jay stole the muscle tech supply and ended up 1st instead. :lol:

easymac

easymac

Awards
I dont understand all this mole talk but ill give it a shot...

Oprah weighs approximately 200lbs
Oprah is about 90% full of bullsh1t

6.02x10^23 * 200lbs * .9

one mole of oprah produces 1.036x10^27 lbs of bullsh1t, which in laymans terms is equal to 1036 sh1t-tonz

So by my claculations, as a result of watching oprah the world will be completely covered with bullsh1t by Nov 23rd in year 2026 at which point she will become Queen of the Universe and marry Dr. Phil. After that all other men will only be used to produce semen.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sinn,
I've known what a mole is since '96. Go ahead and send me the prize.

I'd rather give you a real world tutorial about how to be a good chemical engineer.

Here goes:
You get a call on a Saturday morning. The operators tell you they are having trouble getting the bottoms out of one of your distillation towers.
You ask - how high is the level transmitter showing in the bottom of the tower?
They answer 105%. (Pegged out - top of scale.)

So - Sinner, what are you to surmise here?
Well - your wonderful operators have no idea how much liquid they've stacked in the tower.

What do you ask next?
Do you try to figure out how much liquid?
Do you try to figure out why the hell the operators have conveniently ignored alarms indicating the level is pegged out?
Do you try to figure out why the bottoms stream isn't getting out?

Personally, I would try to calculate how much liquid they've stacked in the tower. I'm a curious fellow - and I'd probably get a good laugh.

Sinner - how would you go about figuring out how much liquid said operators have built up in the column?
Well - I'll tell you.
Generally, columns have a DeltaP instrument (else - they have an overhead and bottoms pressure indications so you can just subtract to get the DP).
You'd ask the operators to trend the DP and the level on a common scale. You'd ask them to denote the time when the DP started to rise AFTER the level reached 105%.

Why?
At this point - the liquid (most likely froth if the reboiler is operating) will begin to cover the bottom tap of the DP instrument.

You then ask the operators how much pressure (psi for those of us in the States) the DP has increased at the point you've asked them to denote.

You take this pressure and convert lb(f)/ft^2. You then multiply this by the volume (as a good chemical engineer - you should know the diameter of your towers).
You then divide those feet by the specific gravity of the hydrocarbon (or some approximation).

Now - for extra credit - you could calculate how many trays the liquid is covering if you know the tray spacing (generally 2' - anything less becomes impossible to inspect, unless you employ and Umpaloopa).

Ok - so now you are dumbfounded as to how your bright and all knowing operators could have filled a third of the column's trays with liquid.

But - you press on to fix this problem!
You must tackle the root cause as to why the bottoms liquid isn't leaving the tower at the proper flow rate.

You ask what, Sinner?

Ok ok - I'll help.
Ask the operators to have the outside operator check to make sure the block valve or MOV (motor operated valve - for fire) at the base of the tower is open fully.
Ask the outside operators to check the level control valve's position. Does it show what they are reading inside in the computer?
Ask the operators to check any variables that may control the level (or level control valve). Is there a bottoms concentration above the level in the hierarchy?
If so - does it appear to be reading normally?
Or has it taken a big step change up or down?
If so - have the operators break the control cascade below the variable that is bad/incorrect.

If the level controls a flow which controls the control valve - ask the operators to check the flow meter to make sure it's not taken a large step change (indicating it is reading incorrectly).
If it has - put the control valve in either automatic or manual (on valve position) and open the damn thing wide azz open.

After obtaining answers to the proper questions - you might quickly surmise you have no f*cking clue what is going on.
Your head hurts - you are hung over - and you really don't want the operators to pull a BP Texas City.

So - you pull the life raft.
You tell the operators to quickly decrease feed to the plant (or tower if the process controls are sufficiently set up for that - unlikely).
You tell them to cut feed until they have a normal level reading in the bottom of the tower.
You tell them in no uncertain terms that they are not to operate a distillation column with the level at full scale.

You hang up the phone and pass back out on your bed.

****The above events do not reflect any specific person, either living or dead, or event in real life - only in Jmh80's AFU head****

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you ever met the 3rd shifters? I don't know what they're like at the JHM Distillery, but at the Sinner Injection Press simple instructions were considered high hopes.

I might have to PM you to vent about my new job.

Sinn,

The neverending sob-story that IS the life of a process engineer.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hey GREAT contest and a GREAT stack.

Thanks Sinner! BTW Sinner donated his own POST Cycle Support bottle for this contest, very nice of him I think. :)

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump, it's your last day to play fellas. The winner will be announced probably tomorrow.

Aussie

Aussie

Awards
By today's best estimates, there are approximately 1E11 galaxies in the Universe.

And the average galaxy contains about 200 or 300 billion stars.

So to have Avogadro's number of stars would require 20 or 30 Universes!

6.0221419947E23/(1E11 * 200 or 300 billion) = 20 or 30.

However, there are exactly a mole of atoms in 12 grams of Carbon-12.

While I like Avogadro's number, I prefer Planck's constant. Maybe there'll be a Planck day on the 31st. ;)

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
The highest recorded powerlifting total is 2806.5 pounds held by Andy Bolton. This was done at a bodyweight of 352 pounds in the superheavyweight class.

Assuming he could add 100 pounds to his squat/year, 75 pounds to bench press/year and 75 pounds to deadlift every year(250 pounds to total yearly) indefinitely it would take 2.408x10^21 years total one mole. Assuming the average man lives to 75 this would take 3.21x10^19 lifetimes to reach this total.

To bring this to a more reasonable number lets look at how many lifetimes each person on the world would have to live for the entire world to total a mole. The worlds current population is about 7 billion. If every one of those seven billion could add 250 pounds to their total every year(starting at zero,) each person would have to live 4,588,190,476 lifetimes for the world to total a mole! As the earth is only about 4.55 billion years old give or take a percent, the earth's age would increase about 75 fold before the mole total could be reached.

Who is ready for some powerlifting? If we want to total a mole we better get started soon. We'll also need a few extra barbells as i'm imagining we are going to break quite a few going for the mole total. We better grow some chicken and cows too as I don't even want to think about how many moles of protein we are going to need to consume to total the mole.

What? You're curious how many moles of protein we will need in our quest of the mole total? Well it will take us about 8.79212x10^23 days 97 billion people live 4.5 billion lifetimes of 75 years at 365 days per year) to reach our mole total. If we all require 200 grams of protein per day we will need 1.758424x10^26 grams of protein for our quest, if we divide this by a mole we are looking at about 292 moles in grams of protein!

Time to go cook because all this talk of protein is making me hungry.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 hours left fellas. Tima get yo' posts in.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever met the 3rd shifters? I don't know what they're like at the JHM Distillery, but at the Sinner Injection Press simple instructions were considered high hopes.

I might have to PM you to vent about my new job.
I've given up trying to bargain with the operators. Now that I've been there for over 3 years - I just tell them "do this or else!"
I don't usually have to say "or else" - they trust me now.

Which - one time was really true. Had they not turned on 3 fin fans - they would have tripped off a compressor (which would have caused quite a bit of flaring - the government doesn't like that). An operator would have been in a BUNCH of sh*t.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to thank everyone who participated in the fun. You guys all did a very good job, and it was a really tough call to make.

And the winner is.......

...........................Dancebot 2000

Send me your info buddy, and I'll try and get you your prize.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I want to thank everyone who participated in the fun. You guys all did a very good job, and it was a really tough call to make.

And the winner is.......

...........................Dancebot 2000

Send me your info buddy, and I'll try and get you your prize.
Good job buddy. :thumbsup:
I honestly liked Easy's with the get swole on goat poop one. :lol:

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Woot! Woot! Woot! :dance:

That's cadillac baby! Thanks sinner. Awesome contest. I had great time and I found it hard not comment on some of the other great posts, plus I got to use math again. I'll PM you right away.

Thanks again

DB2000

:djparty:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I wasn't a broke ass college student, who's using these from his own limited stock, I'd give something to everyone who participated. They were all really good.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
If I wasn't a broke ass college student, who's using these from his own limited stock, I'd give something to everyone who participated. They were all really good.
very nice of you sinner. I guess I can join that broke ass college student club too huh? :wave:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kay, kay, I got this.

*bust out his abacus and pencil/paper*

Umm, there are three buckets of Chicken kay

*scribble, scribble*

Mumbling to himself:

"Pi divided by the square root of Sinner's mother, plus the hatred I have for Jmh..."

*scribble, scribble*

"Carry the one plus seven"

*erase, scribble scribble*

"A+B+C because it is as easy as 1,2,3, carry the Do Rae Mi, ABC, 1,2,3 it's you and me yeah"

*scribble scribble*

I got fill 'er up.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow Mullet, I can tell you worked really hard on that ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats dancebot!

Darnit, someday I'll work out a way to get a free bottle of hyperdrol x2 :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bribe me well enough - and I could perhaps make a suggestion at the #1 company in the world to hire you.
I have a good eye for ChE candidates. My percentage of offers for kids I recommend is over 60%.
:thumbsup:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Bribe me well enough - and I could perhaps make a suggestion at the #1 company in the world to hire you.
I have a good eye for ChE candidates. My percentage of offers for kids I recommend is over 60%.
ill give you a box of cookies. :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you bribing me to bribe you?

If I can accomplish the goals I've set forth with the current company I'm working for (going to redesign their subpar QC), I'm sure my resume will more than make up for that 40% non-offer rating ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Are you bribing me to bribe you?

If I can accomplish the goals I've set forth with the current company I'm working for (going to redesign their subpar QC), I'm sure my resume will more than make up for that 40% non-offer rating ;)
Yes - bribing you to bribe me so I can bribe someone else to get you a job so you can then bribe me again.

Sounds good, bro. Show you can lead and teach.
I'm doing that now with a "how to" with the situation I mentioned in the above post (which was slightly twisted). I'll be presenting it to all the under 2 year engineers probably in January.
One of the senior engineers is going to follow with the lessons learned from BP's Texas City explosion.

If you seriously wanted a recommendation from my employer - I'd have to think up a story, don't think "yeah - I know him from AM" would really work....
(Neither of us needs the engineering world to know about the goings on at this "upscale" - coughTripcough - place.)