The supplement industry and this forum have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
let me first say that i am not trying to bring this board down or anyone on it. i am just stating my opinion in hopes that it will help someone.

i have noticed this time and time again. board sponsors with release dates for new cutting edge supplements. the whole time prior to the release, this board is slammed with advertising for the upcoming cutting edge research backed supplement. The 3-AD ad campaign comes to mind. They used creative advertising to make the ad look like a classified document. certain areas were pasted over leaving the reader guessing and wanting more. the board was littered with posts of how bad the members wanted it even though we had no clue what it was. this happens on a daily basis it seems. a new supplement comes out and it lives up to the massive amounts of hype....for a few months. that is until the supplement is exposed as completely useless if not negative and then we begin to hear reports of how ineffective the product is (I am not referring to 3AD, i was only referencing their ad campain, i have no idea if 3AD works as i have not tried it).

back in the day this board used to not be like this. it was about real research. now it is mainly about experimental supplements that have absolutely zero scientific backing except for in house "studies" or very limited research. there is tons of misinformation on this board now and i feel it is due to the amount of sponsors peddling their goods.

i know i have been duped by a company on here before. i just now people are starting to come around and realize the company is a joke.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been here for a while and nothing has changed in that regard. the 'research' was all in house and user feedback is what was used. However, with the growth of the users and supplement companies, you have more of the same. It always has and always will be up to the individual to weigh in everything they see and make their decision based off what they hold important.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
bro, advertising is what it is, but supp companies need to keep producing products to stay in business, and AM has some of the most reputable companies around. the board is here for your knowledge so use it for your own research. thats just the game.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been here for a while and nothing has changed in that regard. the 'research' was all in house and user feedback is what was used. However, with the growth of the users and supplement companies, you have more of the same. It always has and always will be up to the individual to weigh in everything they see and make their decision based off what they hold important.
you are absolutely right about the more of the same comment. it used to be that the members would experiment and we would get ideas from each other, non biased members. true we had sponsors back in the day but they were sponsors like power nutrition which was a store not a manufacturer. now most the sponsors are manufacturers themselves. there are ads all over the place and reps contribute in the board just like a memeber would.
members get a hold of a new supplemnt that has been pushed out on here by the sponsors and they gain 10 pounds in a month. later it turns out that the supplement was completely ineffective, it just seems a little shady to me. either that or the placebo effect is really incredible.

BOBO EDIT: Power Nutrition was here because they sold BDC's products.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, this place use to not be just a forum to pimp.

That's all it is now, one big online catalogue of advertisements.

I rarely ever see Bobo post anymore. I'm sure he's busy with a new family but in tha end it's all about $$$.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It still isn't but there are more people now. You also have more people to state their opinions on the matter. Whether it is positive or negative.

I rarely ever see Bobo post anymore. I'm sure he's busy with a new family but in tha end it's all about $$$.
With the increase in users and costs associated with running a site, how do you suggest it gets paid for?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree, this place use to not be just a forum to pimp.

Right Jordan,

The board used to be/created for BDC nutrition to pimp one specific product to undercut Avant labs. Ask Caleb if this board wasn't about money when it was created.

Maybe when you actually begin to start a new family you might understand...until then, your statements are flat out ignorant and wrong and I'm not going to spend time proving it to you or anyone else. If people like it, they stay, if not, they leave. Its their choice, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.