l-tryptophan

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
if somebody wants to get good deep sleep is this the primary supp you should be taking to obtain some zzzz if not can i get some suggestions? thanks

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if somebody wants to get good deep sleep is this the primary supp you should be taking to obtain some zzzz if not can i get some suggestions? thanks
It does help, via its serotonin-modulating property, to support deep sleep. Others would think of L-Theanine, Melatonin, Phenibut, and so on. You might want to look at ZMK by Millennium Sport Technologies. Essentially, a combination of compounds works better for most people than stand-alone nutrients.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
can u offer an opinion as to which one is best or what you have tried and experianced?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you do end up going with an L-Tryptophan supp, you should look into Nutra's ZMT Caps. I don't have too much trouble sleeping, so I'm not sure how much it helps in that regard, but I do take this as a replacement for ZMA.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you do end up going with an L-Tryptophan supp, you should look into Nutra's ZMT Caps. I don't have too much trouble sleeping, so I'm not sure how much it helps in that regard, but I do take this as a replacement for ZMA.
Do you still get the lucid dreams from ZMT?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I never got them from ZMA either, but I imagine they'd still be there if you in fact get them from regular ZMA.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you still get the lucid dreams from ZMT?
I know the question was not directed at me, but I started ZMK yesterday. I took the recommended four tablets before bed. Although I went to sleep much later than usual, I got up at the regular time this morning. I experienced what you could refer to as deep recuperative sleep. Nice!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never got them from ZMA either, but I imagine they'd still be there if you in fact get them from regular ZMA.
I would be wary of comparing ZMK with a regular ZMA product. ZMK is significantly more advanced. Apart from the chelation of the different nutrients, the 3,078mg of Krebs Cycle intermediates (Citrate, Fumarate, Malate, Succinate, and Alpha Ketoglutarate) alone per dose of ZMK justifies the price already and puts it in a completely different league.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is common to get some pretty crazy dreams while taking ZMA.
I actually got those from supplementing with additional Mucuna Pruriens (25% L-Dopa).

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I'd say Melatonin (around 1 mg) and Valerian Root is the best combo for deep and refreshing sleep. It's worth a try.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say Melatonin (around 1 mg) and Valerian Root is the best combo for deep and refreshing sleep. It's worth a try.
I would be careful with a general recommendation. Melatonin works from 250mcg to 10mg for different people! The useful dosage varies broadly for different people. Regarding Valerian Root, I know people that get mild insomnia from it. Sounds insane, but it is true. It is actually annoying that these things are very individual.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I would be careful with a general recommendation. Melatonin works from 250mcg to 10mg for different people! The useful dosage varies broadly for different people. Regarding Valerian Root, I know people that get mild insomnia from it. Sounds insane, but it is true. It is actually annoying that these things are very individual.
thanks for the heads up. much appreciated:thumbsup:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would be wary of comparing ZMK with a regular ZMA product. ZMK is significantly more advanced. Apart from the chelation of the different nutrients, the 3,078mg of Krebs Cycle intermediates (Citrate, Fumarate, Malate, Succinate, and Alpha Ketoglutarate) alone per dose of ZMK justifies the price already and puts it in a completely different league.
I said nothing about ZMK.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
do zma or zmk make you drowsy at all. and will zmk give the lucid dreams as well

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said nothing about ZMK.
Because I mentioned "ZMK" in an earlier post, I just read "ZMK" for "ZMT" in subsequent posts! My apologies.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
From my experience it depends on dosage. Too much or too little will keep you awake. You just got to find the sweet spot.

S

solidwon

Awards
Nocturnabol from AMS is supposed to have the l-trypthophan and melatonin among other things.