Bulk HMB, worst tasting supplement ever

SCScorpio

SCScorpio

Awards
I recently bought some HMB bulk powder from NP and have used the EAS version in the past with pretty good results, but stopped due to the cost effectiveness. I was pretty excited to buy the bulk version, until I opened up the bottle and got a whiff of this stuff. Man, it's toxic smelling. So then I tried mixing it with water and it just clumped up. I finally got it to dissolve somewhat and chugged it down. Can you say Gag reflex? Whoa! This stuff tastes horrible.
Since I don't want my $ to go to waste, does anybody have a few ideas of how to take this stuff with?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just don't get it! I could drink pure battery acid if it wouldn't rip my throat open.

Here is what you do:

Get a drink, preferably with an acidic base like orange juice.

Put a small amount in your mouth

Add the powder to your mouth WHILE HOLDING YOUR BREATH and aim past your tounge.

Still holding your breath drink more of the liquid and wash it all down.

After a gulp or two swish your mouth vigorously with the drink to make sure all nooks have been washed out and swallow again

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely hold your breath. HMB becomes airborne easily, and will coat your nasal passages with nastiness.

The OJ suggestion is best. Pink Lemonade Crystal Light works as well.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is HMB worse than yellow gold? To me yellow gold is very easy to handle, really only rhodilia is impossible to take using this mothod because it clumps in a way you can't appreciate till you try it (lol)

Really I can't picture any bulk powder being to nasty to take.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
yellow gold is the worst ever

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, not worse than yellow gold/berberine as this stays in your throat to torture you with vomitous reminders of foul taste for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS.

HMB is over pretty quickly.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, not worse than yellow gold/berberine as this stays in your throat to torture you with vomitous reminders of foul taste for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS.

HMB is over pretty quickly.
Ha guess I am lucky, never got an aftertaste or maybe I have just killed my taste buds from eating CRAP food covered in hot sauce to kill the taste, for years on end...

Anyway hopefully all this hijacking has been useful to the prigonal poster.

Oopd... I want to hold back on the bragging in one way: CEE will make you want to die if you do it this way, with that crap I had to make a shot of lemon juice/cee and then use this method right after that shot of death

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
yellow gold is the worst ever
I would rather get kicked in the balls than to shoot yellow gold. It is the nastiest **** in the universe. This is the reason i bought 2 capping kits "00" and "000". I just cap my YG....and im done with it.

Why dont you just cap the HMB....as i was just looking at buying some bulk HMB to go along with the following stack, but still a little unsure. Any comments on the additioin of HMB to this stack....

DRIVE / ACTIVATE X / POWERFULL / INCARNATE.......maybe HMB

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Get a 00 capping kit. That capping kit only used for my YG though.

Sevename

Awards
Yellow Gold is easily worse than HMB. I'm with justreading on this one.

Step 1: Have beverage handy
Step 2: Throw powder in mouth
Step 3: Chug

I take BCAA's this way too, they make too big of a mess in a shaker and I don't want to waste any. I don't cap anything. I'd say the worst tasting powder I've tried is either yellow gold or trib extracts.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ii made my mate try yellow gold.. hes like its not that bad, 2 mins later.. oh man this taste wont go.. 2 hrs later still there LOL

i ordered my capping kit!

:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 2
Nutrition / Health 1
Super Penguin Supplements 3
Supplements 6
Supplements 12