ErgoPharm GF Pro

AM07

Awards
  • Established
This is a complete whey isolate, correct? How is it in terms of flavor? And how come no one really sells the 5 lb. tub anymore?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a complete whey isolate, correct? How is it in terms of flavor? And how come no one really sells the 5 lb. tub anymore?
I just bought a 5 pound tub of the Blueberry GF-Pro from Nutraplanet, and this is the best isolate protein I have ever used.

It is a great fruity flavor, and actually somewhat satiating - which is surprising for an isolate.

I would highly recommend it.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
For some reason, when I go here, GF Pro (5 lb) By ErgoPharm

There is no button that says Add to Cart, and it doesn't let me choose the flavor. I'm not looking to order right now, but would like to in the next couple weeks.

How is IsoPure in comparison to this? I believe IsoPure is also a complete whey isolate.

The only thing I'm concerned about with GF Pro is do the fruity flavors taste good with oats? It would mainly be a PWO formula for myself. Do they make Vanilla or Cookies N' Cream?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I would prefer to order the 5 lb. tub since it's more cost-efficient in terms of $/serving.

I'm just wondering why there isn't an "Add To Cart" button on NP's site.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
If I order just a Whey protein, this would be the one. I love mixing it with my cottage cheese....

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude - the flavor is insane! As far as it mixing good - well, you might get some clumps - but damn I love the Cherry Blast and Orange Dream!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would prefer to order the 5 lb. tub since it's more cost-efficient in terms of $/serving.

I'm just wondering why there isn't an "Add To Cart" button on NP's site.
We are trying to solve the problem now. The system automatically removes the purchase button when stock is depleted. It could either be an error of quantity listed, or it could be out of stock.

We get resupplied daily, so I would imagine if it is a stock issue, it should be rectified by tomorrow.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Orange Cream I-Pro tastes AWESOME, and I'm assuming the same can be said for Orange Cream GF-Pro.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apparently I missed a thread over at BB.com where Ergo announced that the Blueberry GF-Pro has been discontinued. I will find out updated status of the product line.

dwb

Awards
i love the cherry blast and the orange is awsome wish it came 5lbs lol and the chocolate is good to

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
taste is good......mixability is not so much.....but i just swallow it all down anyway. i got the cherry! :thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to make an awesome smoothie out of the Cherry with orange juice and frozen pineapple. It was delicious and nutritious.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
there are only a few flavors available in the 2lbs option at Nutra, what happened to the other flavors?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the green apple and blueberry - f'ing awesome flavors!

Also tried the cherry - pretty good.

I love GF Pro - have a 2lb thing of green apple right now.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Why did they make a product without the beef serum? Is there something negative about the beef serum?

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Why did they make a product without the beef serum? Is there something negative about the beef serum?
it was originally made for europe i think, due to fear from the mad cow thing over there.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it was originally made for europe i think, due to fear from the mad cow thing over there.
That would make sense as everything is translated, into what I believe is French, on the container.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
GF Pro dutch chocolate is immaculate.

On the notion of hard mix ability that is true but I have come up with an interesting way to really enjoy the chocolate goodness (note never tried on a fruit flavor because it seems like it would be gross.. but cherry blast straight up is delicious.)

What I do is I'll take two scoops and put it in my baja fresh cup and let it all get nice and even on the bottom. Then I add my milk slowly enough so that it doesn't disrupt the bottom "clump" of powder (in effect its the anti-Christ of normal mixing tactics) and fill it up to desired amount. Don't mix the powder and place into the freezer (done for added coldness.) Then after a little time I grab a spoon and eat/drink the milk until I get down to the bottom clump (still covered in some milk.) Then I scoop out bites of the chocolate on the bottom and I swear to god its like eating a thick ass chocolate milkshake . I know it sounds odd but I'm telling you give it a shot its unbelievable.

And no I'm not insane.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Price.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GF Pro dutch chocolate is immaculate.

On the notion of hard mix ability that is true but I have come up with an interesting way to really enjoy the chocolate goodness (note never tried on a fruit flavor because it seems like it would be gross.. but cherry blast straight up is delicious.)

What I do is I'll take two scoops and put it in my baja fresh cup and let it all get nice and even on the bottom. Then I add my milk slowly enough so that it doesn't disrupt the bottom "clump" of powder (in effect its the anti-Christ of normal mixing tactics) and fill it up to desired amount. Don't mix the powder and place into the freezer (done for added coldness.) Then after a little time I grab a spoon and eat/drink the milk until I get down to the bottom clump (still covered in some milk.) Then I scoop out bites of the chocolate on the bottom and I swear to god its like eating a thick ass chocolate milkshake . I know it sounds odd but I'm telling you give it a shot its unbelievable.

And no I'm not insane.
This is a good idea. The fruit flavors are actually QUITE tasty straight from the tub...reminds me exactly of how cotton candy in different flavors would taste.

I actually went as far as buying a cotton candy making machine when I was with Scivation, and tried to make Watermelon Protein cotton-candy...unfortunately the sucralose, while delicious, is not "spinnable" into the right texture.

Don't you all use hand-blenders for your shakes?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
LMAO cotton candy protein, now thats an idea.

Ill use a hand shaker if I'm using a normal protein powder or if I'm on the road and need it. But if I want to make my milkshake (or the powder is easy enough to mix with a fork like AI isolate) then I use the Baja fresh cup . I had been using a regular cup with Dymatize chocolate mint and hated the stuff (couldn't mix it,) switched to a shaker cup and its actually good now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LMAO cotton candy protein, now thats an idea.
I actualy have a whole line developed that I would eventually like to see in movie theatres...all healthy or high protein snacks that taste delicious.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
That would be prime DSade. I've been just bring in some watermelon xtend and a cup of ice, its pretty good but doesn't beat the small popcorn with butter, sweadish fish, and a diet coke back in the old fatass days lol.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know what's good at the movies - Healthy Cheat Foods Cookies! MMMMMMMM, Cookies!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Question:

Is Dutch Chocolate being discontinued? I went over to Nutra to get my order in but theres no Dutch Chocolate available? Is Nutra just sold out or has anyone heard of more discontinuations?

**Didn't want to start a new thread so thats why I didn't post in Nutra's forum yet.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think they're keeping Chocolate as a GF-Pro v2 flavor, but I can't remember for sure.

And FYI: Blueberry GF-Pro + 1/4 cup SuperCarb= Good tasting pre-workout shake :)

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
when I used gf pro I thought dam this stuff tastes great but then all I know is that every time I had it I also got the sh*ts each and every time, so I gave my stash away to some one who I didn't really like and he prob died of dehydration from crapping all of his life force away.....the end.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
when I used gf pro I thought dam this stuff tastes great but then all I know is that every time I had it I also got the sh*ts each and every time, so I gave my stash away to some one who I didn't really like and he prob died of dehydration from crapping all of his life force away.....the end.
That's hilarious.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I think they're keeping Chocolate as a GF-Pro v2 flavor, but I can't remember for sure.

And FYI: Blueberry GF-Pro + 1/4 cup SuperCarb= Good tasting pre-workout shake :)
Oh theres a new version comming out? News to me.

When supercarb was first announced I was looking everywhere for it, but sort of let it drift out of my mind. I think Ill try to pick some up and give it a try for pre workout because I'm not to fond of a heavy carb source (oats or a w/w bagel) and supercarb may be the answer. Thanks RPen for the info.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh theres a new version comming out? News to me.

When supercarb was first announced I was looking everywhere for it, but sort of let it drift out of my mind. I think Ill try to pick some up and give it a try for pre workout because I'm not to fond of a heavy carb source (oats or a w/w bagel) and supercarb may be the answer. Thanks RPen for the info.
No problem. I'll let you know if I find out anymore on the GF-Pro. You should definitely look into SuperCarb if you'd like a low GI carb that's light, preworkout.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
mattikus Supplements 198
CEDeoudes59 Supplements 8
CEDeoudes59 Supplements 4
Supplements 32