cyto sport musclemilk

james c

james c

Awards
hi got a few tubs off this never tried it before.i go 2 the gym 5 times a week im trying 2 cut a wee bit more on my waste line so i can get a six pack.i lift weights 5 times a week do about 20 mins cardio a day 2 just wondering if this is going 2 put more beef on me cheers

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
regular muscle milk will likely add fat rather than help you get cut

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
regular muscle milk will likely add fat rather than help you get cut
that's like saying olive oil will likely add fat than help you cut as it is 100% fat.

muscle milk is a great addition as a meal replacement while on a cut...make sure your macros meet up at the end of the day with the shake included, and you'll lose weight. plain and simple

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
You want to lose weight in the waist and put on a few pounds of lean muscle? SO you taking a protein with roughly 18g of fats. That will also answer your other thread question.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
that's like saying olive oil will likely add fat than help you cut as it is 100% fat.

muscle milk is a great addition as a meal replacement while on a cut...make sure your macros meet up at the end of the day with the shake included, and you'll lose weight. plain and simple
Actually its a different kind of fat, Isn't it? I would take one that does not have as much fat content in my Protein and get my fats else where.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ditto what everyone else said...search feature is your friend...I personally love MM but not all the time, it has its uses, definitely too much fat IMHO to just drink anytime year-round...good luck!

Oh and kudos to you for asking about it before you posted a message on here like many people do, saying, "I've been using this stuff and don't see the results I want" and then leading us to explain why!!!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I agree The key is to match it up to the right diet.

I took 1 or 2 shakes a day, with 1 of those being tha last meal of the day before bed. also added 2 teaspoons of fishoil and 2 servings of sesamin a day and did very well. Lost 35lbs in 5 months, thats including a cheat day once a week. Cholesterol levels were good, slightly high HDL.

james c

james c

Awards
I agree The key is to match it up to the right diet.

I took 1 or 2 shakes a day, with 1 of those being tha last meal of the day before bed. also added 2 teaspoons of fishoil and 2 servings of sesamin a day and did very well. Lost 35lbs in 5 months, thats including a cheat day once a week. Cholesterol levels were good, slightly high HDL.
think i will just take one serving of muscle milk for energy before i work out and take my usual ons protein the rest off the day with a good diet.hows that sound:bb3:

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
think i will just take one serving of muscle milk for energy before i work out and take my usual ons protein the rest off the day with a good diet.hows that sound:bb3:
I definitly think you should look at the ingredients of this, I wouldnt suggest this for a Preworkout type product. If anything its probably best just before bed. Definitly search this one on the forum and read up, i like the stuff and probably almost everyone here would agree its a great tasting protein, but with the wrong diet and improper timing it could cause problems for what you want to do.

james c

james c

Awards
muscle milk

I definitly think you should look at the ingredients of this, I wouldnt suggest this for a Preworkout type product. If anything its probably best just before bed. Definitly search this one on the forum and read up, i like the stuff and probably almost everyone here would agree its a great tasting protein, but with the wrong diet and improper timing it could cause problems for what you want to do.
cheers for the advice man

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the muscle milk lite personally, I always at least have the chocolate peanut butter in the house, but even the lite is more an occasional drink, or prebed than a daily

james c

james c

Awards
muscle milk

I love the muscle milk lite personally, I always at least have the chocolate peanut butter in the house, but even the lite is more an occasional drink, or prebed than a daily
think i will have right after training

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just use fitday.com or some other site to track calories. the only way to get ripped is to take in less calories than you use... Also use a metabolic calculator to figure out how much you burn a day

james c

james c

Awards
musclemilk

just use fitday.com or some other site to track calories. the only way to get ripped is to take in less calories than you use... Also use a metabolic calculator to figure out how much you burn a day
do u not think i better using it before work out.then that way i burn all the fat off while getting lean

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really calories in - calories used = gain weight or loose weight. The timing of which meal comes when is less critical, spreading out your meals through the day helps a little. something like muscle milk is just a meal replacement, so that 300+ calories ends up in place of 2 slices of whole wheat toast, and a 4 egg omelet.

james c

james c

Awards
musclemilk

really calories in - calories used = gain weight or loose weight. The timing of which meal comes when is less critical, spreading out your meals through the day helps a little. something like muscle milk is just a meal replacement, so that 300+ calories ends up in place of 2 slices of whole wheat toast, and a 4 egg omelet.
cheers might have one for breakfast lol

Grimmy

Grimmy

Awards
You want to lose weight in the waist and put on a few pounds of lean muscle? SO you taking a protein with roughly 18g of fats. That will also answer your other thread question.
Better than eating a burger I say. At least most of the fat comes from MCT's.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Better than eating a burger I say. At least most of the fat comes from MCT's.
I like MM I use it normally as part of my bedtime shake. But for a protein I would be taking more than once per day I would use something with a little less fat. If you have a choice between MM and a burger I'd take the MM. But if you want to lose a few lbs. Burgers shouldn't be on the menu.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
MM is the shyt. I think there is one called collegiat(sp?) athlete and it has less fat or something. I use the Mocha Joe and love it. I use postWO or bedtime. My diet is very clean of fats though usually maybe 1-2 days it gets "over" my regular.

dwb

Awards
actually if you want something like muscle milk and a lot healthier fats i would really try ergopharms mass meal this stuff rocks the bannanna is awsome tasting like drinking a milkshake and chocolate kicks a$$:cheers:

200mph

Awards
sounds like a lot of you use this just before bed. Any reason for that or just an easy/quick meal for the timing?