Does Forskolin/Forslean help to increase Test or Free Test?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I did the search and read several logs on the compound but there was no clear answer.
I know its great for body recomp from the many comments. The gastro effects might be due to a somewhat cleansing function of the colon???

Anyway I am just wondering if in some way it does increase test?
Would be a nice addition to a stack I am dreaming up.. with tidbits here and there.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Sorry not much time to type. Please have a look at the Tech writeup for Drive at www.appnut.com
thanks a bunch.
writing up a list of a master custom stack I am building and doing research.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to look into Drive when I finish my current regimen and take a break.
it seems to be a nice piece of work.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
What do you have so far??
as far as the test/gh/libido stack ... muira puama, nettle root, lj100-or the indonesian 50:1 tongkat, 95-99% l-dopa mucuna, bioprene(sp)
I am going to minimize all the dosages and cap so I can have my own little mix... might add in forslean/forskolin... do not know about icariin yet because other parts might mimic its usability....

and maybe some beta alanine / cissus/ turk for endurance, bone strength and muscle strength

that will probably be it though...
I already have a natural formula with the cordyceps and reishii and stuff like that...

basically writing ideas now until I get ready to put it into effect.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Just trying to get a nice cross section of a lot of beneficial herbals.
stuff I can cycle on an off into old age and it stil be helpful.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
thanks a bunch.
writing up a list of a master custom stack I am building and doing research.
No prob man. The stack you're building looks nice! I figured the Drive writeup could provide you with some info, and valuable references for further research.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
No prob man. The stack you're building looks nice! I figured the Drive writeup could provide you with some info, and valuable references for further research.
thank you or the information. I will probably try Drive becasue it looks like a good solid product. and a couple of guys on another site have given it good reviews.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Great Stack!

Great Stack you got going there bud. Now only if you could find some dodder seed and safed musli in bulk you would have the ultimate NHA stack. However, I assume you have done some reading on coleus forskolin, but I figured I would mention that you would certainly want to add it to your stack. The main benefit of adding it to the stack is that it works as an amplifier/second messenger. In other words, while the stack your creating will boost your testosterone the forskolin will actually take that extra test and do something with it more or less. I have plenty of resources on this, but not enough time to go into depth and list them. Lanbane already dropped you that link on Drive, which gives you a good scientific in-depth look at forskolin/forslean. Anyway, good luck and good home brewing there bud. Note: You should post up some results when you figure out your stack and how you'll be dosing everything...I'm curious.

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Forslean increases cAMP, which increases hormones in the body. This was a problem for me because it irritated my existing gyno. Itchy chest, and tender nipples. I also noticed that if you dont burn the fat off that forslean draws out of the stores then it is rediposited. I didnt do cardio while on Forslean but continued to lift regularly, and noticed an increase of abdominal, and chest fat, but other areas of the body looked leaner. This stuff is for an individual who is dedicated to cardio on a regular basis in my opinion.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but Bobo has posted some VERY in-depth writings about the anabolic/anti-catabolic effects of forskolin. Look it up so my lazy ass doesn't have to :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rpen22 again.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Forslean increases cAMP, which increases hormones in the body. This was a problem for me because it irritated my existing gyno. Itchy chest, and tender nipples. I also noticed that if you dont burn the fat off that forslean draws out of the stores then it is rediposited. I didnt do cardio while on Forslean but continued to lift regularly, and noticed an increase of abdominal, and chest fat, but other areas of the body looked leaner. This stuff is for an individual who is dedicated to cardio on a regular basis in my opinion.
Are you freaking kidding me?:think:

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but Bobo has posted some VERY in-depth writings about the anabolic/anti-catabolic effects of forskolin. Look it up so my lazy ass doesn't have to :thumbsup:
That is from My cAMPHIBOLIC write up written by Karl Mallman(RIP). I was a big Forskolin junky years ago...still am.

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Inhibitory effects of superoxide dismutase and cyclic guanosine 3',5'- monophosphate on estrogen production in cultured rat granulosa cells
PS LaPolt and LS Hong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90095-1740, USA.

Superoxide dismutases (SOD) modulate oxygen free radical metabolism and influence second messenger signaling in a variety of cell types. We have investigated the influence and possible mechanisms of action of SOD on aromatase activity in cultured rat granulosa cells. Although treatment of granulosa cells with FSH (0.3-30 ng/ml) resulted in a dose- dependent stimulation of estrogen levels, cotreatment of cells with SOD (10(-6) M) significantly attenuated estrogen production at the highest doses of FSH. The effects of SOD were dose dependent between 10(-7)-10(- 5) M, with increasing amounts of SOD causing decreasing concentrations of estrogen. Cotreatment of cells with catalase (1500 U/ml) failed to prevent the inhibitory influence of SOD on estrogen production, indicating that the effects of SOD were not due to accumulation of hydrogen peroxide. Although incubation with either forskolin or (Bu)2cAMP alone stimulated estrogen production from granulosa cells, cotreatment with SOD significantly attenuated estrogen levels, indicating that SOD can inhibit aromatase activity at one or more post- FSH receptor sites. Treatment of cells with SOD, FSH, or forskolin resulted in small, but significant, increase in cGMP concentrations. In contrast, cotreatment of cells with FSH plus SOD as well as forskolin plus SOD had a marked synergistic effect on cGMP content, increasing cGMP levels over 100-fold. Incubation of granulosa cells with (Bu)2cGMP (2 mM) significantly decreased FSH-induced estrogen levels in a dose- dependent manner (0.25-2 mM). In addition, (Bu)2cGMP attenuated both forskolin- and (Bu)2cAMP-induced estrogen production. In contrast to the effects of (Bu)2cGMP and SOD on estradiol levels, these agents had no significant effect on progesterone production by cultured granulosa cells. These results demonstrate attenuated induction of aromatase activity by FSH in cultured rat granulosa cells cotreated with SOD, suggesting a potential modulatory role of this antioxidant on granulosa cell functions. The findings that SOD and activators of the cAMP- dependent signaling pathway synergistically increase the levels of the second messenger cGMP and that (Bu)2cGMP treatment attenuates FSH-, forskolin-, and cAMP-induced aromatase activity suggest a potential mechanism of SOD action and demonstrate the antagonist action of cGMP on cAMP-mediated estrogen production.

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Inhibitory effects of nitric oxide on estrogen production and cAMP levels in rat granulosa cell cultures
RS Ishimaru, K Leung, L Hong, and PS LaPolt

Previous studies demonstrated inhibitory effects of nitric oxide (NO) and cGMP on ovarian steroidogenesis. This study examined the effects of NO on estrogen levels and cAMP accumulation from immature cultured rat granulosa cells. Granulosa cells were incubated with media alone (control), FSH or FSH plus increasing concentrations of the NO generator, (Z)-1-[2-(2-aminoethyl)-N-(2-ammonioethyl)amino]diazen-1-ium-1,2-diolate (DETA/NO). While FSH increased estrogen levels 15-fold compared with controls, DETA/NO inhibited FSH-stimulated aromatase activity in a dose-dependent manner. Time-course studies revealed that the inhibitory effects of DETA/NO on aromatase activity persisted throughout the 72 h culture period. Treatment with DETA/NO also inhibited the stimulatory effects of forskolin on estrogen production, indicating that NO can influence steroidogenesis by actions downstream of the FSH receptor. Incubation of cells with FSH plus DETA/NO increased cGMP accumulation over 100-fold, compared with cells treated with media or FSH alone. In this regard, a cGMP analog mimicked the inhibitory effects of NO on FSH- and forskolin-stimulated estrogen production, indicating a potential mechanism of NO action. NO also decreased FSH-stimulated (cAMP) accumulation from cultured cells, indicating an antagonistic effect of NO on the second messenger mediating FSH actions. These findings demonstrate that NO inhibits estrogen production from rat granulosa cells, potentially reflecting actions on the second messengers cGMP and cAMP.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is from My cAMPHIBOLIC write up written by Karl Mallman(RIP). I was a big Forskolin junky years ago...still am.
I know about you and your love for forskolin. I think I can recall you saying something along the lines of "I think it's one of the best natural supplements out on the market today".

Is UPSLabs still working on a Camphobilic 2.0?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So are you saying the if I take forskolin, my ovaries are going to produce more estrogen?

Inhibitory effects of nitric oxide on estrogen production and cAMP levels in rat granulosa cell cultures
RS Ishimaru, K Leung, L Hong, and PS LaPolt

Previous studies demonstrated inhibitory effects of nitric oxide (NO) and cGMP on ovarian steroidogenesis. This study examined the effects of NO on estrogen levels and cAMP accumulation from immature cultured rat granulosa cells. Granulosa cells were incubated with media alone (control), FSH or FSH plus increasing concentrations of the NO generator, (Z)-1-[2-(2-aminoethyl)-N-(2-ammonioethyl)amino]diazen-1-ium-1,2-diolate (DETA/NO). While FSH increased estrogen levels 15-fold compared with controls, DETA/NO inhibited FSH-stimulated aromatase activity in a dose-dependent manner. Time-course studies revealed that the inhibitory effects of DETA/NO on aromatase activity persisted throughout the 72 h culture period. Treatment with DETA/NO also inhibited the stimulatory effects of forskolin on estrogen production, indicating that NO can influence steroidogenesis by actions downstream of the FSH receptor. Incubation of cells with FSH plus DETA/NO increased cGMP accumulation over 100-fold, compared with cells treated with media or FSH alone. In this regard, a cGMP analog mimicked the inhibitory effects of NO on FSH- and forskolin-stimulated estrogen production, indicating a potential mechanism of NO action. NO also decreased FSH-stimulated (cAMP) accumulation from cultured cells, indicating an antagonistic effect of NO on the second messenger mediating FSH actions. These findings demonstrate that NO inhibits estrogen production from rat granulosa cells, potentially reflecting actions on the second messengers cGMP and cAMP.

I know about you and your love for forskolin. I think I can recall you saying something along the lines of "I think it's one of the best natural supplements out on the market today".

Is UPSLabs still working on a Camphobilic 2.0?
:head: :dance:

that is how if feel about our next release(s)

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
:thumbsup: I am saying you should run an AI with Forskolin.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys- sorry I got on this one so late- I have been running pills non-stop; I am really just trying to keep up at the moment......

But the answer is: probably :)

Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43. Links
Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. RESULTS: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. DISCUSSION: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

Also keep in mind that we are using substantial doses of several other compounds that may also have the ability to increase free test in Drive :D

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forskolin up-regulates aromatase (CYP19) activity and gene transcripts in the human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line H295R.

Watanabe M, Nakajin S.

Department of Biochemistry, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2-4-41 Ebara, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142-8501, Japan. [email protected]

A number of conditions related to sex-reversal in boys and men and precocious puberty in girls are caused by estrogen-secreting adrenal tumors. In these tumors, cytochrome P450 aromatase (aromatase) that is encoded in the CYP19 gene is expressed at high levels. To investigate the molecular mechanism of aromatase expression in these adrenal tumors, we characterized the activity, gene transcript and genomic promoter region of aromatase in the human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line H295R. Aromatase activity and the transcript of the CYP19 gene were highly up-regulated by forskolin, but not by dexamethasone. The results from exon I-specific reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR and the transfection of reporter constructs suggested that promoter I.3 and promoter II were activated in H295R. Deletion and mutation analysis suggested that cAMP response element-like sequence (CLS) and steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1) motif, were critical for the activation of promoter II. The results of this work should provide the basis for the molecular analysis of aromatase expression in adrenocortical cells.

PMID: 14709151 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

That testosterone exerts negative feedback inhibition on StAR was detected coincidentally by researchers investigating the action of so-called Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS) on StAR mRNA expression (3). MIS is produced in the developing testes of an embryo once it commits to male development. MIS is responsible for the regression and ultimate disappearance of incipient female reproductive tract organs in the developing male fetus. MIS continues to be secreted in small quantities in adult males.

The authors of (3), Houk et.al., noted that MIS augmented cAMP induced expression of StAR mRNA (messenger RNA). Previous studies had show that MIS was capable of suppressing testicular steroidogenesis, and the authors speculated that perhaps this MIS induced testosterone suppression might indirectly be responsible for the upregulation of StAR by MIS. So if lowering levels of testosterone might increase StAR, the converse might be true as well; namely that increasing testosterone would suppress StAR. This would imply negative feedback inhibition of StAR by testosterone. As it turns out, this is exactly what the researchers found. In other words, MIS indirectly induces StAR mRNA expression by reducing androgen levels, which normally exert a feedback inhibition on StAR expression.

To test their hypothesis the researchers first stimulated StAR in culture by adding cAMP to Leydig cells. As expected, StAR activity increased. Then the authors added increasing concentrations of DHT to the cells, and the amount of StAR was reduced in a dose dependent manner.

Progesterone and synthetic progestins are known to suppress testosterone production (4). The authors incubated the cAMP stimulated Leydig cells with progesterone and indeed noted a decline in StAR levels. This may explain one aspect of progesterone’s suppression of the HPTA. Similar results were obtained with estradiol.

At the beginning of the paper we discussed the classical picture of how androgens and estrogens act to suppress the HPTA by acting on the hypothalamus and pituitary to suppress gonadotropin secretion. To quote Houk et.al.,

"The in vitro and in vivo demonstration that testosterone directly inhibits StAR expression in Leydig cells suggests an autocrine mechanism through which steroid hormones can regulate their own production at the crucial, rate-limiting step of cholesterol transfer to the inner mitochondrial membrane. This feedback may provide a local mechanism for modulating Leydig cell steroidogenesis in addition to the well-known feedback inhibition of sex steroids on the hypothalamic-pituitary axis to suppress gonadotropin secretion.

I found a piece of the lessor of the two articles I read on forskolin below. I couldn't find the whole article nor the second one. The other article I read was more certain about slowing down the feed-back loop

The authors did not address the question of whether increasing cAMP levels could override the negative feedback effect of testosterone on StAR. This leaves open the intriguing possibility that forskolin, a popular supplement known to elevate cAMP, might increase testosterone production by taking the brakes off of testosterone’s inhibition of StAR. Indirect research does exist however that lends credence to this idea. Luo et.al (5) noted that testosterone production decreased as a function of age and declining levels of StAR protein in Norway rats. When Leydig cells from the aged rats were cultured with dbcAMP (Dibutyryl cyclic AMP), an analog of naturally occurring cAMP, testosterone production was restored to youthful levels.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Great Stack you got going there bud. Now only if you could find some dodder seed and safed musli in bulk you would have the ultimate NHA stack. However, I assume you have done some reading on coleus forskolin, but I figured I would mention that you would certainly want to add it to your stack. The main benefit of adding it to the stack is that it works as an amplifier/second messenger. In other words, while the stack your creating will boost your testosterone the forskolin will actually take that extra test and do something with it more or less. I have plenty of resources on this, but not enough time to go into depth and list them. Lanbane already dropped you that link on Drive, which gives you a good scientific in-depth look at forskolin/forslean. Anyway, good luck and good home brewing there bud. Note: You should post up some results when you figure out your stack and how you'll be dosing everything...I'm curious.
I will most definitely do so.
It may be the middle of 2008 before I can start.
I am going to do monthly tests of each seperately and post general effect, then combine and post effects.
It may take awhile as I have got a lot of personal things going on right now.
Lol... but I'll get the actual testing together before too long.
I might even throw in the test/hgh boosters into some bcaa's and since NP has bulk arachidonic I might look into that too.
I wont use too many, but I will do research into different supplements to see which ones might synergize with the others.
A reservatrol/quercertin mix might be a part as well.

I do thank all of you here for your ideas and help on the information on the different subjects on this site.
Actually I am rather inspired, I may go back to school and get a degree in chemistry this time.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will most definitely do so.
It may be the middle of 2008 before I can start.
I am going to do monthly tests of each seperately and post general effect, then combine and post effects.
It may take awhile as I have got a lot of personal things going on right now.
Lol... but I'll get the actual testing together before too long.
I might even throw in the test/hgh boosters into some bcaa's and since NP has bulk arachidonic I might look into that too.
I wont use too many, but I will do research into different supplements to see which ones might synergize with the others.
A reservatrol/quercertin mix might be a part as well.

I do thank all of you here for your ideas and help on the information on the different subjects on this site.
Actually I am rather inspired, I may go back to school and get a degree in chemistry this time.
lmk how your test turns out- that looks like an interesting idea!

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
lmk how your test turns out- that looks like an interesting idea!
hello guys.
I wish this was an update but I havent realy gotten around to the master stack yet.
tried a drive/post cycle combo and that worked pretty good.
I got injured in a full contact match.. broke my arm and am just now able to really hit the workouts again. plus my little one has been sick and he lives out of town so thats been a big part of my time.

I am 6'2" currently 240 lbs about 15% BF.
Trying to cut down to about 200 even and about 10% BF.

Mainly my purpose is to lean out and maitain.
I hate running and similar cardio so I usually shadowbox, hit the wavemaster with attacks .. and grapple with my cousin.

my weight exercises consists of incline/decline bench, military press, bent over row, shoulder squats/front shoulder squats and deadlifts.
(kinda made my own program from bruce lee's fitness book)

usually drink a couple of whey shakes at work... a little beef , fish, chicken and quite a bit of oatts and veggies.

do a full body workout 5 days a week(got the advice from the dinosaur training manuals and this manual from India thats like written in the 1920's). not as ripped as you guys but lean and toned.

I have this thread marked, so I'll keep you guys updated and let you know how things go.

not really a good detialed log keeper so forgive me.
I deal with so much paperwork at work, trying to be orderly at home throws me off.

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
My gyno starts to hurt the next day after taking forslean. Does this happen to anyone else?

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
looks great man ive heard great things about lj100

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
lj100-or the indonesian 50:1 tongkat,
your on the right track, good job so far looks solid. on this part, i would recommend going with the 50:1 or any other extract and not the LJ100. i think Dsade and/or NP was suppose to be working on a good source if my memory serves me right :think:

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
your on the right track, good job so far looks solid. on this part, i would recommend going with the 50:1 or any other extract and not the LJ100. i think Dsade and/or NP was suppose to be working on a good source if my memory serves me right :think:

Can you refer me to the post where they talked about this? I thought they only had the LongJax, but a year or so ago they were talking about super concentrating alot of there herbal products?