How much is too much?

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I know a lot of people here like to stack a bunch of products together and take like a million pills in one day, but I was wondering how much it might take for someone to start experiencing serious negative side effects like liver toxicity. Also on a less serious level I wonder if you take too many different things together if it can reduce the effectiveness of what you're taking, after all you only have so many enzymes at one point.

I read somewhere that pale stools and dark urine could be signs of kidney or liver toxicity, anyone experience this?

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
...I read somewhere that pale stools and dark urine could be signs of kidney or liver toxicity, anyone experience this?
High blood pressure brought about by these steroids/ pro-hormones puts stress on the kidney tubules (the filtering mechanisms)...too much stress ultimately destroys them.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I know a lot of people here like to stack a bunch of products together and take like a million pills in one day, but I was wondering how much it might take for someone to start experiencing serious negative side effects like liver toxicity. Also on a less serious level I wonder if you take too many different things together if it can reduce the effectiveness of what you're taking, after all you only have so many enzymes at one point.

I read somewhere that pale stools and dark urine could be signs of kidney or liver toxicity, anyone experience this?
The answer is that no one really knows how much is too much. I've seen some non-hormonal stacks that seem over the top, not to mention some hormonal stacks Ive seen. These drugs and supplements don't have any long term studies like pharmacueticals do, so your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure that too much of anything can be harmful. So my approach is that I try things once or twice, and then leave it alone. Making a habit out of anything is not good. I also make sure that I have some clean time several times a year (no supplements except staples like milk thistle and flax oil) so that my body can recover from any damage done to it. For instance, I just came off a cycle 2 weeks ago, so I probrably won't do anything except creatine until next spring. Hope this made sense.~LilPsych

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
That is why it is so important to have blood work done including liver profiles, cholesterol levels, triglycerides, etc. Your general practitioner can order it and most insurance companies will cover it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lol, too much is typically when it is too late for a lot of people.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
To determine how much is too much is totally dependent on the person and it's really hard to tell unless there is blood work done.

As far as stacking supplements, I rarely do until I know how I react to them. Don't get me wrong, I do/have stacked ones before trying them.

To me it's kind of like trying to fix something. Say you tried to fix something 5 different ways and then see if it works. If it does, which one of the 5 things worked? Or which combination of things worked (Analogies sounds much better in my head).

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand Meso - some people [on this board] take a huge amount of supplements [PH / PS] included then go on to say how great each one is when they gain some strength or mass. I have a general rule to not ever take a certain amount with each other - regardless what the manufacture states. Most manufactures' put supplements out that as a standalone isn't that great - but if you stack it with their other $50 supplement, it yields great results. WTF!?!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
That is why it is so important to have blood work done including liver profiles, cholesterol levels, triglycerides, etc. Your general practitioner can order it and most insurance companies will cover it.
Actually, many insurances won't cover it if there is no pre-existing conditions, unless your >50. Luckily, I get a free health sceen annually @ work so if anythings out of whack Ill know.