Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what do you guys like when it comes to a protein supp? thanks

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a problem with ON 100% Whey. Good price, and I get vanilla because it mixes well with other supps that may be flavored, like pre-load creatine mono. Plus ON has 10 pound bags, so you don't have to order as frequently. I'm not sure if other brands have that size.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a problem with ON 100% Whey. Good price, and I get vanilla because it mixes well with other supps that may be flavored, like pre-load creatine mono. Plus ON has 10 pound bags, so you don't have to order as frequently. I'm not sure if other brands have that size.
isopure has a 7 pound tub. they don't offer the fruity flavors that im used to. I havent tried vanilla,strawberry or chocolate but my friend tells me vanilla is really good.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Ultra Peptide if you want a nice Micellar Casein / Whey Protein Isolate blend.

M

MTNMEDIC

Healthy n' Fit's Egg Protein and All the Whey's fat free whey protein isolate. as much as I like Optimum's stuff,..better cost per serving, way less cholesterol and sodium.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultra Peptide if you want a nice Micellar Casein / Whey Protein Isolate blend.
The only way to go.

A whey only protein is only solid for post-wo and first thing in the morning.

Many peeps are brainwashed by whey.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
what is the difference between micellar casein and casein.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GF-Pro and Ultra Peptide.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Micellar is the non-denatured form of casein. For example, if you were to take milk protein isolate, 80% is micellar casein and 20% is whey protein isolate.

The protein that I use is EvoPro because it is a blend that is also a decent price.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Micellar is the non-denatured form of casein. For example, if you were to take milk protein isolate, 80% is micellar casein and 20% is whey protein isolate.

The protein that I use is EvoPro because it is a blend that is also a decent price.
thanks (reps)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can always design your own blend by visiting one of our board sponsers - TRUE PROTEIN

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
International 100% Egg Whites w/ pump. 100% Bio-available and tasteless. You can drink it straight, but I like to mix it to a protein drink.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
The only way to go.

A whey only protein is only solid for post-wo and first thing in the morning.

Many peeps are brainwashed by whey.
New research suggests a MC/WPI blend may actually be optimal PWO.

M

Mck42

Awards
I recently read that you pass about 50% of whey because it it released so fast and you're body cant absorb it that quickly. Casein is supposed to be good because it is more slowly released and you're body can absorb it better. I've always liked muscle milk, go to 7-11 grab a nice tall cookies and cream. Evolution looks pretty convincing if anyones herd of/tried it, 10 g of bcaa's . Labrada Prov60 was pretty decent too, casein and whey.

Edit: For those of you interested, the new Muscle&fitness has a great article in it on casein and whey on pg.186