The best Protien Bar for the buck?

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Alright don't flame me but I like Nitro-Tech bars!  They taste awesome and have 40+grams of protein.  They are expensive, so if know the best place to buy them let me know and post it...

I think EAS low carb bars are the best bang for the buck, $1.67 for 26 grams.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by bpdaddy
Alright don't flame me but I like Nitro-Tech bars!  They taste awesome and have 40+grams of protein.  They are expensive, so if know the best place to buy them let me know and post it...

I think EAS low carb bars are the best bang for the buck, $1.67 for 26 grams.

Found this price

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=490 border=0>
$27.50

<TBODY>plus $5.95 flat fee for shipping up to ten pounds, like the price let me know by PM.

<TR>

<TD class=medtextblack bgColor=#ffffcc> </TD>

<TD class=smalltextred bgColor=#ffffcc>$ </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Why do you have a picture of me in green paint as your avatar?

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by bpdaddy
Why do you have a picture of me in green paint as your avatar?

Same reason you have a picture of my motorcycle as you avatar! :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
guys...i recently found a place where you get quote a price from any other site, and they will beat it by 5%. So whatever site you guys find, take 5% off that....and thats the best price. Shipping is 5.95 for under $100. free over it. just placed an order of protien,trib,flax, etc for 101.49 (ha). you just tell em where the lowest price for a supp is, and the price of it....and there you go. I guess pm me if you want to know.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by sage
guys...i recently found a place where you get quote a price from any other site, and they will beat it by 5%. So whatever site you guys find, take 5% off that....and thats the best price. Shipping is 5.95 for under $100. free over it. just placed an order of protien,trib,flax, etc for 101.49 (ha). you just tell em where the lowest price for a supp is, and the price of it....and there you go. I guess pm me if you want to know.

Your talking about Nigel or whatever it was called...I heard that you have to jump through hoops and **** and your better off not usinmg them.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
no...i guess ill just post it here.

www.easypricematch.com

seriously, i used 4 sites (dps, massnutrition, musclemagnepa, jesupgym) and listed the price and no hassle. Aint that crazy??!?
Got 2 musclemilks, sportspharma methoxy protein **** (only cuz dps had it clearanced at 13), 200caps flax, 100 cap tribulus, prov60 form labrada, & metrx prot. plus for $101. Only hassle was to look up the best prices on these supps elsewhere....

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by sage
no...i guess ill just post it here.

www.easypricematch.com

seriously, i used 4 sites (dps, massnutrition, musclemagnepa, jesupgym) and listed the price and no hassle. Aint that crazy??!?
Got 2 musclemilks, sportspharma methoxy protein **** (only cuz dps had it clearanced at 13), 200caps flax, 100 cap tribulus, prov60 form labrada, & metrx prot. plus for $101. Only hassle was to look up the best prices on these supps elsewhere....
Sage thanks for the info, Massnutrition is about 10 minutes from my house so I get good deals with them, only catch when I pick up my stuff, they will give me the web price on the ground store on one condition as long I pay the shipping, so I go once an Month buy about $200 of stuff, I looked around, but  this guy has the overall  best price I could find.

LethalGunz34

Awards
As I mentioned in a different thread, I'm not a protein bar type of guy, but I must agree that Nitro tech bars are the best tasting bars.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
DETOUR!

Made by Designer, tastes like snickers!!
just saw a thread over at bb. a dude saying he was told by a retailer that next nutrition/designer failed claims about detour bars. (mentioning that the sugar content was much higher than claimed...6g's, more like 21g's per serving...and that the protein amount was slightly less) No idea how much proof and backing the dude had but something to look into. let me go find that thread.....here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82084&highlight=detour

jay12

Awards
Just make your own, they're cheap and taste a lot better (and you know exactly what kind of protein is going into them). If anyone's interested I can post the recipe I use.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
post it please this way we have urs and wardogs to pick from for variety

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by wojo
post it please this way we have urs and wardogs to pick from for variety
Yeah post and where is Wardogs???

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Yeah post and where is Wardogs???
Orginally Posted by Wardog

16 ounces Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together. Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge.

This is a great tasting recipe that I modified from one I found on 'bolex

Now here is the breakdown on a batch of the goodies:

Protein: 254 grams
Carbohydrates: 282 grams
Fats: 236 grams

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't recall Nitrotech bars having 40g. protein, but they are tasty.. I also like those Real Protein bars, and the Maxxon Protein bars are not bad... My first experience with protein bars was Tiger's Milk by Weider, I used to eat 2 boxes of that stuff a day when I was 16! :D

Dr of Golf

Awards
How do you guys feel about EAS AdvantEdge® Carb Control Nutrition Bars?

They only have 200 cals, 3 carbs or less and 24 grams of protein. Besides that, their cookies and cream are really tasty. And, in this Sunday's paper, they have them at Walmart for only 99 cents each this week ... usually they sell for $1.67 each.

Just curious about your opinions on these. :)

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah ... here is the breakdown for each bar.

Nutritional Facts

Serving size 1 bar

Amount Per Serving

Calories 200
Calories from Fat 45
Total Fat 5 g
Sugars 2 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol >5 mg
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sodium 125 mg
Potassium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2.5 g
Protein 24 g

Vitamins % minerals
Biotin 30 %
Calcium 25 %
Chromium 30 %
Copper 30 %
Folate 30 %
Iodine 30 %
Magnesium 10 %
Manganese 30 %
Molybdenum 30 %
Niacin 30 %
Pantothenic Acid 30 %
Phosphorus 20 %
Riboflavin 30 %
Selenium 30 %
Thiamin 30 %
Vitamin A 30 %
Vitamin B12 35 %
Vitamin B6 30 %
Vitamin C 30 %
Vitamin D 30 %
Vitamin E 30 %
Vitamin K 30 %
Zinc 30 %
Iron 30 %

Ingredients:

Protein Blend (calcium casseinate, hydrolyzed gelatin, whey protein isolate, soy protein isolate, milk protein isolate and whey protein concentrate), glycerine, water, casein, oligofructose, maltitol, palm and palm kernel oils, canola oil. nAtural flavors, skim milk powder, milk mineral concentrate, soy bean oil, yogurt solids, malic acid, monoglycerides, citric acid, licorice root extract, lecithim, salt, tumeric oleorosin color, vitamin and mineral blend (ascorbic acid, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, ferric orthophosphate, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, biotin, niacinamide, zinc oxide, beta-carotene, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin A palmitate, phytonadione, pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, cholecalciferol, potassium iodide, mixed tocopherols, cyanoccobalamin, chromium chloride, folic acid, sodium molybdate and sodium selenite), maltodextrins and sucralose. May contain traces of peanuts, various nuts and seeds.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Ingredients:

Protein Blend (calcium casseinate, hydrolyzed gelatin, whey protein isolate, soy protein isolate, milk protein isolate and whey protein concentrate), glycerine, water, casein, oligofructose, maltitol, palm and palm kernel oils, canola oil. nAtural flavors, skim milk powder, milk mineral concentrate, soy bean oil, yogurt solids, malic acid, monoglycerides, citric acid, licorice root extract, lecithim, salt, tumeric oleorosin color, vitamin and mineral blend (ascorbic acid, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, ferric orthophosphate, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, biotin, niacinamide, zinc oxide, beta-carotene, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin A palmitate, phytonadione, pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, cholecalciferol, potassium iodide, mixed tocopherols, cyanoccobalamin, chromium chloride, folic acid, sodium molybdate and sodium selenite), maltodextrins and sucralose. May contain traces of peanuts, various nuts and seeds.
i dont recall having ever tried them but the advantedge bars are your prototypical low carb bar with one of its main protein source coming from hydrolyzed incomplete protein and its advertisment of having minimal "impact" carbs, but all awhile glycerine dominates the calorie/carb source. I love eas products and i used to be a protein bar maniac but there are only few out there that truly is lower in carbs and contain a good specturm of protien source....i dont think this is one.

Dr of Golf

Awards

i dont recall having ever tried them but the advantedge bars are your prototypical low carb bar with one of its main protein source coming from hydrolyzed incomplete protein and its advertisment of having minimal "impact" carbs, but all awhile glycerine dominates the calorie/carb source. I love eas products and i used to be a protein bar maniac but there are only few out there that truly is lower in carbs and contain a good specturm of protien source....i dont think this is one.

Thanks for your reply, sage. Very informative.

I'm currently looking for the lowest carb, high protein bars on the market.

If you or anyone else has ideas on the BEST one, please feel free to post. Your help and information will be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

DarCSA

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. I will look into the protein bars sometime.

SteveDFW

Awards
I just placed an order for Next Nutrition's DETOUR BAR CARAMEL PEANUT . I have not had any yet but I hear that are great. They were a huge hit at this year's Olympia.

In fact, I used that "pricematch + 5%" site that another bro listed and got them for $20.51 a box (retail $35.88) and free shipping.

I will give you the "lowdown" as soon as I get them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nutritional Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar (80 grams)

Servings per Container: 12

Amount per Serving % Daily Value *

Calories 290
Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 9 g 14 %
Saturated Fat 3.5 g 18 %
Cholesterol 40 mg 13 %
Total Carbohydrate 21 g 7 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g 10 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g 64 %
Calcium 140 mg 14 %
Folic Acid 57 mcg 14 %
Iron 0.5 mg 3 %
Phosphorus 153 mg 15 %
Riboflavin 0.1 mg 6 %
Vitamin B12 0.75 mcg 13 %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet

Ingredients: Designer Whey protein blend (whey protein concentrate, hydrolyzed Whey Protein, PDUF whey protein isolate), water, GLYCERLEAN (99.7% USP Glycerine, L-Leucine, L-Taurine, CLA), chocolate coating (sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, nonfat dry milk solids, cocoa powder processed with alkali, whole milk solids, soy lecithin, natural flavor, salt, artificial flavor), peanuts, caramel, soy protein isolate, gelatin, calcium caseinate, inulin, peanut flavor, rice flour, salt, sucralose(splenda blend), potassium sorbate. This product may contain nuts.

Last edited:

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
I bought and ate a case last week...they are AWESOME!

Blindfaith

Awards
Originally posted by SteveDFW
I just placed an order for Next Nutrition's DETOUR BAR CARAMEL PEANUT . I have not had any yet but I hear that are great. They were a huge hit at this year's Olympia.

In fact, I used that "pricematch + 5%" site that another bro listed and got them for $20.51 a box (retail $35.88) and free shipping.

I will give you the "lowdown" as soon as I get them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nutritional Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar (80 grams)

Servings per Container: 12

Amount per Serving % Daily Value *

Calories 290
Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 9 g 14 %
Saturated Fat 3.5 g 18 %
Cholesterol 40 mg 13 %
Total Carbohydrate 21 g 7 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g 10 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g 64 %
Calcium 140 mg 14 %
Folic Acid 57 mcg 14 %
Iron 0.5 mg 3 %
Phosphorus 153 mg 15 %
Riboflavin 0.1 mg 6 %
Vitamin B12 0.75 mcg 13 %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet

Ingredients: Designer Whey protein blend (whey protein concentrate, hydrolyzed Whey Protein, PDUF whey protein isolate), water, GLYCERLEAN (99.7% USP Glycerine, L-Leucine, L-Taurine, CLA), chocolate coating (sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, nonfat dry milk solids, cocoa powder processed with alkali, whole milk solids, soy lecithin, natural flavor, salt, artificial flavor), peanuts, caramel, soy protein isolate, gelatin, calcium caseinate, inulin, peanut flavor, rice flour, salt, sucralose(splenda blend), potassium sorbate. This product may contain nuts.

from what ive been hearing is that this stuff tastes like snickers bars! is it true???

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i had the iron tek version the other night tasted great..but im leary if it meets lable claims..tasted too good to be legit tom me..but what do i know i think biotest's protein bars r great..that and grow is all i would buy from them

GuyinLA

Awards

from what ive been hearing is that this stuff tastes like snickers bars! is it true???
Very close, very close to Snickers. Texture is a little different (a little harder) but the taste is very similar to Snickers.