Best supplements to take

nightowlman

Awards
Hey guys I'm in need of some good supplement knowledge and advice. I lifted years back, took a long break, and am now getting back into it and want to see some serious results. With that in mind, what are the best supplements(besides the roids) you have taken or know about? Thanks

FYI - Currently using Muscle Milk, L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, but obviously need other things to stack with.

nightowlman

Awards
heard good things about that but isn't a lot of the mass gained from it just water retention?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A lot of the pounds gained initially are water, yes.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you don't overdose on creatine I feel you can avoid the water bulk. Or there are various forms of creatine out there that you can try that tend to not make you put on water (Although of course the efficacy/truth behind these claims can be questionable).

After creatine, I would definitely recommend making sure you take your fish oil, and then most important would be some BCAA's. You can buy premixed like Xtend or bulk from NP and save a few bucks. A good summary of supplements can be found in this compilation post:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/71666-what-supplements-what.html

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried ON 100% whey? If not then drop the muscle milk and get that.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
You've heard most of the good basic answers. Creatine, Fish oil, BCAAs. Leucine is also great (it's the most important BCAA, but a little cheaper than buying BCAAs), and a multi is a must.

Don't be scared of the creatine, it works.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
About a 1/2 cup of steroids a day.

JK. Whey, flax oil, fish oil, CEE, waxy maize starch, multi vitamin.

nightowlman

Awards
Thanks guys. And what is a good thing to take for improved vascularity? No2?