Can Retain 2 be taken continuously?

superone

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if Retain 2 can be taken continuously as a health supplement to increase DHEA-S and reduce Cortisol?

I have below normal levels of DHEA-S, but my 24 hour urine Cortisol test showed normal Cortisol at "132" Ref 27 - 180.

My Cortisol seems on the higher end of the scale, and in combination with my below normal levels of DHEA-S, that doesnt seem healthy.

Im also pretty prone to stress,ect, and lead a busy lifestyle. I think i stressed my adrenals with stimulants, and overtraining,ect.

So will Retain 2 be a good idea for me, and can i take it without a break for maintenance?

Can i double dose for a month or so?

Thanks!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
12 weeks - break 4 or so, start again if you want.

DHEA - try SDNG - It's a great supplement!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea Retain2 for 12 weeks. I liked it after one bottle. After my current i may do that, SDNG, Drive, RPM Stim free....an if AX comes out with their new creatine....:djparty:

superone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys,

So i dont have to worry about Cortisol rebound?

Can i double dose for the 1st month or just stick to regular dose?

homesliceyea

Awards
according to Dr. D you can take it indefinitely. He takes it every morning and sometimes around workouts. I don't really see a reason why it wouldn't be good for long-term use.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dr.D takes X-Lean before and after his work outs...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
When i did Retain2 i did morn, before WO and after.
Non-WO days morn(7am)
5-hours later/
5 hours later.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The real benefits of cortsiol reduction and DHEA increases come from Relora. You CAN AND SHOULD take Relora indefinitely. I'm not sure of the effects of b-triol for long term use (nobody is) and although 7 keto is non-toxic, you probably aren't getting much of any due to the minute amounts present in the Retain 2 'proprietary blend' and the fact that it's not really orally bioavailable. Relora and Blaze by SAN (7-keto based except it has 2 methylcarbonate esters to improve oral bioavailability) can be taken long term IMO. You're best off dosing about 250mg, 3x per day of Relora and using Blaze for 12 weeks on, 4 weeks off and continue taking Relora throughout.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot guys for the help.

Force Of Green, very helpful advice, thanks a lot. Relora and Blaze look great.

I have 2 or 3 bottles of Retain 2 on the way, so will finish those up and then use your protocol.

Could Retain 2 be double dosed for the first month?

Thanks.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The real benefits of cortsiol reduction and DHEA increases come from Relora. You CAN AND SHOULD take Relora indefinitely. I'm not sure of the effects of b-triol for long term use (nobody is) and although 7 keto is non-toxic, you probably aren't getting much of any due to the minute amounts present in the Retain 2 'proprietary blend' and the fact that it's not really orally bioavailable. Relora and Blaze by SAN (7-keto based except it has 2 methylcarbonate esters to improve oral bioavailability) can be taken long term IMO. You're best off dosing about 250mg, 3x per day of Relora and using Blaze for 12 weeks on, 4 weeks off and continue taking Relora throughout.
I partly agree with you, HOWEVER (saw that one coming didn't ya lol) cortisol reduction is not always such a good thing and it is a necessary hormone for our bodies to have, it should not be permanently modulated under any circumstances :D

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot guys for the help.

Force Of Green, very helpful advice, thanks a lot. Relora and Blaze look great.

I have 2 or 3 bottles of Retain 2 on the way, so will finish those up and then use your protocol.

Could Retain 2 be double dosed for the first month?

Thanks.
I personally double dose retain 2 everytime I use it, it's simply more effective in that manner of dosing.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I personally double dose retain 2 everytime I use it, it's simply more effective in that manner of dosing.
I agree with you there... however, Relora isn't a cortisol suppressant persay. It helps regulate high levels of cortisol and bump up levels of DHEA through safe, effective pathways. The herbs that it's been extracted from have been used for centuries in China.

I'm telling you my friend, as a fellow friend from the board who would only like to see you get some sweet results and life improvement... After you're done with the Retain 2, get some Relora and take NO MORE than 500mg/3x per day. And take it for as long as you wish. It's designed for long term use and improved quality of life.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you there... however, Relora isn't a cortisol suppressant persay. It helps regulate high levels of cortisol and bump up levels of DHEA through safe, effective pathways. The herbs that it's been extracted from have been used for centuries in China.

I'm telling you my friend, as a fellow friend from the board who would only like to see you get some sweet results and life improvement... After you're done with the Retain 2, get some Relora and take NO MORE than 500mg/3x per day. And take it for as long as you wish. It's designed for long term use and improved quality of life.
I'm familiar with it, and actually don't have any arguement whatsoever with it's use, I was just referring to suppressing cortisol in general as a general statement not an arguement to the usage of Relora brother. So yes I agree and apologize for my post coming off that way

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm familiar with it, and actually don't have any arguement whatsoever with it's use, I was just referring to suppressing cortisol in general as a general statement not an arguement to the usage of Relora brother. So yes I agree and apologize for my post coming off that way
Hey RisingAgainst, no reason for an apology. It's sometimes easy to continue to suppress cortisol until it's too late. I ran a high dose of Lean Extreme a couple summers ago before doing morning, beach circuit training, and then I stopped and the rebound was atrocious!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you guys take your retain with or without food? Ive always taken my without food bc I wasnt sure if with food was okay.