ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?

Goffio69

Awards
Hi,
Does anyone know which one works better for fatloss when combining with ALA (r-ala or na-r-ala) ?
For those who have tried the stack PLCAR+ALA or ALCAR+ALA, what were the dosages?
Thanx,

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe PLCAR is more for mood. It does have an effect on me as far as decreaseing my appetite (DCP killed my want for food). ALCAR I like better though, always made me feel great and ready to go, made cardio a breeze.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe PLCAR is more for mood. It does have an effect on me as far as decreaseing my appetite (DCP killed my want for food). ALCAR I like better though, always made me feel great and ready to go, made cardio a breeze.
yea thats pretty much my experience with both of those wen i ran them earlier in the year....does neone see any problem with using both of them, should i just dose them at different times of the day?(srry to hijack man)

to answer your ? its hard for me to decide bc i had great results with alcar+ala and also with plcar, except plcar was in the dcp i was using so its hard to judge it alone wit ala for me...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Essentially, all carnitine forms enhance the mitochondrial use of fatty acids. The advanced forms of L-Carnitine, namely, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Propionyl-L-Carnitine, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate, are significantly more potent than simple L-Carnitine in terms of fat-loss and anti-aging benefits.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine produces superior mitochondrial modulation of fatty acids. Dosage recommendation is between 1 000mg and 2 000mg per day.

Propionyl-L-carnitine is a form of carnitine that has a special affinity for heart muscles, producing potent effects in cardiac and skeletal muscle, producing significant improvements in energy and stamina. Dosage recommendation is around 1 000mg daily.

Combining the two should produce excellent results. If your budget does not permit this, you might prefer a combination of base L-Carnitine and ALCAR (PLCAR has its key benefit in the cardiovascular realm).

As you know, ALA co-supplementation is a must, as Alpha Lipoic acid turns out to be a natural co-factor for a mitochondrial enzyme crucial in the break down of fatty acids. This enhances cellular energy efficiency. Furthermore, lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that enhances intracellular levels of vitamin C and glutathione, powerful antioxidants on their own.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
I keep thinking of shpongled's article on ALCAR. In the body ALCAR is deacylated then reacylated, and if you ingest L-car it gets acelated when it needs to.

Has there been any studies comparing ALCAR to L-car?

I also don't get why propionyl has different effects. Do you think that if you ate some propionyl x and some L-car, then it would be the same? Does the PLCAR get depropionylated ?

I'll ask as someone might know.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
what happened to shpongled, i miss his texts.