ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)? - AnabolicMinds.com

ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?

1. New Member

Question ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?

Hi,
    Does anyone know which one works better for fatloss when combining with ALA (r-ala or na-r-ala) ?
    For those who have tried the stack PLCAR+ALA or ALCAR+ALA, what were the dosages?
    Thanx,

2. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I believe PLCAR is more for mood. It does have an effect on me as far as decreaseing my appetite (DCP killed my want for food). ALCAR I like better though, always made me feel great and ready to go, made cardio a breeze.
  3. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post
    I believe PLCAR is more for mood. It does have an effect on me as far as decreaseing my appetite (DCP killed my want for food). ALCAR I like better though, always made me feel great and ready to go, made cardio a breeze.
    yea thats pretty much my experience with both of those wen i ran them earlier in the year....does neone see any problem with using both of them, should i just dose them at different times of the day?(srry to hijack man)

to answer your ? its hard for me to decide bc i had great results with alcar+ala and also with plcar, except plcar was in the dcp i was using so its hard to judge it alone wit ala for me...
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Essentially, all carnitine forms enhance the mitochondrial use of fatty acids. The advanced forms of L-Carnitine, namely, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Propionyl-L-Carnitine, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate, are significantly more potent than simple L-Carnitine in terms of fat-loss and anti-aging benefits.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine produces superior mitochondrial modulation of fatty acids. Dosage recommendation is between 1 000mg and 2 000mg per day.

Propionyl-L-carnitine is a form of carnitine that has a special affinity for heart muscles, producing potent effects in cardiac and skeletal muscle, producing significant improvements in energy and stamina. Dosage recommendation is around 1 000mg daily.

Combining the two should produce excellent results. If your budget does not permit this, you might prefer a combination of base L-Carnitine and ALCAR (PLCAR has its key benefit in the cardiovascular realm).

As you know, ALA co-supplementation is a must, as Alpha Lipoic acid turns out to be a natural co-factor for a mitochondrial enzyme crucial in the break down of fatty acids. This enhances cellular energy efficiency. Furthermore, lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that enhances intracellular levels of vitamin C and glutathione, powerful antioxidants on their own.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  5. New Member

I keep thinking of shpongled's article on ALCAR. In the body ALCAR is deacylated then reacylated, and if you ingest L-car it gets acelated when it needs to.

Has there been any studies comparing ALCAR to L-car?

I also don't get why propionyl has different effects. Do you think that if you ate some propionyl x and some L-car, then it would be the same? Does the PLCAR get depropionylated ?

I'll ask as someone might know.
  6. New Member

Thanx for your answers guys
  7. Senior Member

what happened to shpongled, i miss his texts.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALCAR Vs. PLCAR....Whats better? Benefits?
    By mpkonig in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM
  2. ALCAR vs. PLCAR
    By LB_Patriot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM
  3. ALCAR vs PLCAR?
    By jshin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
  4. Fat loss - ALCAR vs PLCAR