During Workout

  1. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    Question During Workout


    i just started taking protein and gatorade during my workouts. i was wondering if this is a bonous or is it better to just drink water and have protein etc before and after workouts? also wondering if anyone else does this and sees good results having a little bit of carbs and protein during workout instead of water ?

  2. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    174

    If you aren't worried about shunning GH release during your workouts you are fine.

    I prefer BCAA's + Poseidon during workouts.
  3. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    u think i will shun my gh release
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    Poseidon + Storm for me. mmmmhhhhmmmmmm......
  5. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    whats in those ingrediants?
  6. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353
  7. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunnner View Post
    u think i will shun my gh release
    Yes, the sugar/carbs will cause this.
  8. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Poseidon + Storm for me. mmmmhhhhmmmmmm......
    During workout?
  9. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunnner View Post
    whats in those ingrediants?
    poseidon has TONS of benefits. You might want to look it up. Their are tons of goodies inside. I find myself feeling dehydrated to the max on leg days. I feel that when I lift heavy, I need more and more water. Gatorade might be more beneficial in hydrating you if thats what your worried about as well. I personally take water. Posiedon helps with hydration as well as many other benefits. I heard it was tasteless so you can just slip it into your gatorade. I would find BCAA Poseidon to be a nice combo. I recommend just like xj said BCAA, Poseidon pre/during workout and a protien shake with dextrose or WMS post workout. Works wonders for me.
  10. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    During workout?
    Why not? I usually have some mix left after i walk out about a cup.
    Why do you advise against? I dint like it after casue then i would have to slam my storm, wait for a shake then eat with my shake. Now i due the mix during and shake 30 minutes after.
  11. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    poseidon has TONS of benefits. You might want to look it up. Their are tons of goodies inside. I find myself feeling dehydrated to the max on leg days. I feel that when I lift heavy, I need more and more water. Gatorade might be more beneficial in hydrating you if thats what your worried about as well. I personally take water. Posiedon helps with hydration as well as many other benefits. I heard it was tasteless so you can just slip it into your gatorade. I would find BCAA Poseidon to be a nice combo. I recommend just like xj said BCAA, Poseidon pre/during workout and a protien shake with dextrose or WMS post workout. Works wonders for me.
    Poseidon is near tasteless in water you can. i use it in gatorade. Morn and night mix is 2 scoops gatorade, 1 poseidon 1/2 teaspoon NA-RALA.
  12. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Why not? I usually have some mix left after i walk out about a cup.
    Why do you advise against? I dint like it after casue then i would have to slam my storm, wait for a shake then eat with my shake. Now i due the mix during and shake 30 minutes after.
    I was just curious to why peri instead of pre. I don't see any issue with it.

    How do you like it?

    I would throw some Leucine in it if not all three BCAA's.
  13. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    i guess i will stick to just water during workouts
  14. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunnner View Post
    i guess i will stick to just water during workouts
    Are you bulking or cutting. If it is the latter, then yes stick to water, and add some BCAA's + Poseidon.
  15. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    im trying to do both but i know you cant do both at once
  16. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunnner View Post
    im trying to do both but i know you cant do both at once
    your attempting a recomp then. Gains are much slower than a bulk but it is possible to gain mass while keeping fat gains to a minimum.
  17. Registered User
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    218

    nothing is impossible.....


    shaunnner 2:8:16
  18. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I was just curious to why peri instead of pre. I don't see any issue with it.

    How do you like it?

    I would throw some Leucine in it if not all three BCAA's.
    Its ok. Like i said the only real reason i do it is cause of timing. I like it though.
  19. Registered User
    drewh10987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    30336

    So I understand the disadvantage of gatorade, but how about simply 100% whey. Sometimes I'll put my BCAAs in my gallon jug and add a scoop or two of vanilla whey to help cover up the taste. Would that be counterproductive?
  20. Registered User
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    san diego ca
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    264917

    i would save the gatorade for post workout to spike insulin levels
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looking for a new during workout drink
    By bigjohn58 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
  2. Feedback on Whey Isolate+BCAA during workout
    By Bildo_21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 01:24 PM
  3. bcaa vs. eaa for pre/during workout supplement?
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 07:40 PM
  5. pre and during workout questions
    By aeoliantru in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in