Can you neutralize yohimbe?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Can you neutralize yohimbe or hinder it's absorption?

Most topics on here focus around improving absorption of products.
I'm seeking any knowledge on hindering absorption of a product - specifically yohimbe.

I believe I've isolated my "bad reactions" to be yohimbe. I just started taking Palo Alto Lab's Leviathan, which has a very generous amount of yohimbe in it. I suspected I reacted badly to yohimbe before purchasing this product...I guess kinda hoping it would be different this time, lol, or that I'd somehow get used to it eventually.

I've read that yohimbe absorbs better on an empty stomach. So I'm "guessing" a full stomach might be beneficial for me. Any other ideas?

I don't know if I'm allergic to yohimbe or just super sensitive to it. When I take it, it feels as if my core body temp plummets. All my extremeties are frozen, and I still have goose bumps even when in the hottest of showers. It's like blood refuses to flow anywhere, and it actually hurts more to move my fingers. Ironically, while some ppl take yohimbe to help with "male issues", I find it to be the complete opposite - think cutting off blood flow there and pressing a block of ice against my package, lol. (ok, actually it's not that funny at the time, lol). I seem to react to most stimulants somewhat in the same manner, but it is by far most pronounced with yohimbe.

I also feel like a strung out addict, spacy and have hypoglycemic reactions come on much faster.

I took a single pill of Leviathan a few days ago, then took my 2nd pill a couple of days later.
Yes - I know I could always just stop taking Leviathan. But since I already paid for it and asking this question on this forum is free anyways, I felt it couldn't hurt to ask.

Any ideas on how to counter-act or minimize the sides from yohimbe?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
sounds like high bp

Don't know about absorption, but you are definately describing some serious hypertensive events aka high bp . I wonder if something like celery seed extract or hawthorn would help. But if I had those symptoms, I would definately stay away from yohimbe.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just eat some carbs, they blunt the eefects of yohimbe.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just stop taking yohimbe.

I've stopped using ephedra/ephedrine/yohimbe for sometime now. the side effects outweigh the benefits they offer....for me anyway.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm also sensitve to yohimbe. I started by taking two ed and worked up to four. Never two at once. If I do I get strange feelings like sometimes bodyparts will be cold and 5 minutes later they will be hot.lol

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I know exactly how you feel. Im taking Hyperdrive 3.0, and accidently began taking 4 pills per day (2 is max dosage).

However I think the yohimbe completely wipes out any of the "stim" effects of the supplement. It makes me sleepy, slow, irritable and lightheaded and tired, even when i take some carbs (funny think is taking diet coke actually wakes me up). I dont have any of the extremity problems you are having (blood flow issues) but i certainly feel like a drug junkie - almost like I havent slept in 2 days (and im having an incredibly difficult time typing this post - and im not even sure if this post makes any sense lol).

My best guess is to try taking the dosage a little more split (not sure of the dosage timings on Leviathan) and with some oatmeal to slow down the absorbtion. Also be sure to drink alot of water!

:pose: (sorry just felt this post needed a little more livening up lol)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
i have no problem with yohimbine and ephedra, but hyperdrive was too much for me to handle - overstimed on just 2 caps, NO libido, it really sucked.

usually yohimbine hcl or yohimbe really get my libido up

as for dosing it, i find it extremely difficult to dose on an empty stomach when i eat every 2 hours

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm also sensitve to yohimbe. I started by taking two ed and worked up to four. Never two at once. If I do I get strange feelings like sometimes bodyparts will be cold and 5 minutes later they will be hot.lol
a
ME TOO!
Yohimbe is the devil!

Oh wait.......M1T is the devil. Yohimbe is an evil arch-demon, or maybe a Ring-Wraith or something...

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Does Yohimbe have an effect of blood sugar levels? Might be the cause of the "hot/cold" sweating, symptoms.

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
I know exactly how you feel. Im taking Hyperdrive 3.0, and accidently began taking 4 pills per day (2 is max dosage).

However I think the yohimbe completely wipes out any of the "stim" effects of the supplement. It makes me sleepy, slow, irritable and lightheaded and tired, even when i take some carbs (funny think is taking diet coke actually wakes me up). I dont have any of the extremity problems you are having (blood flow issues) but i certainly feel like a drug junkie - almost like I havent slept in 2 days (and im having an incredibly difficult time typing this post - and im not even sure if this post makes any sense lol).

My best guess is to try taking the dosage a little more split (not sure of the dosage timings on Leviathan) and with some oatmeal to slow down the absorbtion. Also be sure to drink alot of water!
Hyperdrive doesn't have yohimbine in it :stick:

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Does Yohimbe have an effect of blood sugar levels? Might be the cause of the "hot/cold" sweating, symptoms.
Good question, because I am very sensitive to my blood sugar changes. Although I don't get that completely whacked out weak feeling on yohimbe like when my blood sugar plummets - but there are a lot of similarities.

I went out and bought some Coenzyme Q10 and celery seed extract today for my blood pressure. I've been taken Hawthorne before too. I may try taking another leviathan on Monday.

munique

Awards
the best way to take yohimbine hcl, is to take it at least 1/2 hr before meals and going on a low carb diet.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Hyperdrive doesn't have yohimbine in it :stick:
wow....your right :toofunny:

I guess I was under the assumption it did, actually i think i confused the ingredients with Lipo6...

Anyhow, I guess my sypmtoms are bloodsugar related.

Aside from the fact, Yohimbe does cause those symptoms in me, just wondering if it does have effect on Blood sugar.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's usually a sign of getting too much of it. some people are a little sensitive. One dose of leviathan is 9mg, which is a lot in my opinion, especially for someone who hasn't established a stim tolerance.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
that's usually a sign of getting too much of it. some people are a little sensitive. One dose of leviathan is 9mg, which is a lot in my opinion, especially for someone who hasn't established a stim tolerance.
Hmmm, so im guessing it would be from overstimulation of the CNS right?

Im curious though, does yohimbe speed up your metabolism aswell by speeding up APT production in the mitochondira....or am i wayyy off here.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I love yohimbine. Send me your Leviathan and I will extract all the yohimbine out for ya...