1st supplement you bought?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me and my buddies were talking about this the other day, What was the 1st supplement you bought and how old were you? Most of the guys seemed to be suckered into Cell-Tech from GNC.....

I remember mine was Precision Engineered (vitamin world cheap stuff) Fruit Punch Creatine and a 2lb Pinnacle Protein. Man I thought I was such a bad a s s.

I thought it was soo expensive too, I think it was only like $45 or $50.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Weiders Muscle Mass 2000, I think that's what it was called......back in 1992 :D

jecko

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I think mine was the original EAS Phosphagen. I don't remember if it was 100 or 200 grams. I think it was ~$40 in GNC.

That was the first I bought, but I used to mooch off of my Dad's stuff (MLO Mus-L-Blast and Weider MRP/Weightgainers).

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
It was 1997 and my dad got me some MET-RX micronized creatine.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dat der cell-tech when it first came out - even got dat der effervecent cell-tech... rookie

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Creatine monohydrate powder. I think it was ON, but I honestly forgot which brand it was for certain.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
BSN True Mass and N.O. Xplode. I remember thinking to myself that the N.O. Xplode was going to be awesome!!! Because it was the only thing I've heard of for awesome gains!!!

That was sadly December 06 when I weighed in at 167:eek:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
5 lbs Natures Best Whey Isolate Vanilla from GNC.

However my first Nutra purchase or non protein supplement was SNS CVM Xtreme creatine (loved the stuff but has been mia since I had it back then)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Weider Mass Gainer and a couple of bottles of those Protein tablet that came like 500 to a bottle and you were suppose to eat about 20 per serving. Those were tasty. kinda like a chocolate sweet tart but just sweet. back about '90 or '91

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
Whey protein (forget brand, but I remember it tasted like hell), I was 13 (I started young;)).

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My first supp was GNC chocolate protein, creatine monohydrate, and arginine in raw form. This was probably about a month after I started working out. The pumps from arginine were awesome. I think all in all it cost me like 65 bucks. I too thought I was a bad ass lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm too old to remember :) I think I bought d!ck gregory's bahamian diet first.

Calories (90 -), Total Fat (2 g), Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium (115 g), Potassium (330 mg), Total Carbohydrate (2 g), Dietary Fiber (1 g), Sugars (1 g), Protein (15 g)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
HMB when i was 16. Most effective results i've had to this day.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
creatine mono from hi health i hid it in a safe at home from my parents. dad told me that creatine was very dangerous and many people ave died from it

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I got you ALL beat....CYBERGENICS...late 80's :toofunny:

It had the supps, a workout routine, and a cassette tape!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

hahaha one of my buddies (who went on to do some amateur competitions for a year or two) did that one too.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Wow...they still sell it:

The Complete 60-day workout program leaves no room for error. This package contains 7 state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, growth supplements, a detailed in-depth training guide, and an illustrative VHS-Video (North-American format).

:toofunny:

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
Met-RX shakes and Chromium Picolinate, I swore I was gonna look just like those guys in the pictures holding up newspapers. I drank it right out of the blender like i was tough LOL

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Bought Musco MXT in the early 80's. Never knew exactly what was in there. All I know is that you had to take these drops in your mouth. The bottle came with a workout and nutrition plan which highly suggested PB as a protein source.

Later bought Cybergenics. Best placebo supplement EVER!! Spending that kind of cash as a teenager ($120) really kept me focused on nutrition and training more than ever before.

Not a supp, but at age 11, after watching Rocky, began drinking raw eggs and jogging every morning. Likely like many of you out there.

Last edited:
milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
how 'bout Weider BEEF protein powder............mmmmmmmm!

:burg:

an' some liver tabs........ :rasp:

icetrauma

Awards
Original Hot Stuff and Weider Muscle Mass back in 87. Yes, bought from GNC.

icetrauma

Awards

Never could talk ol dad into buying that one. Do you remember your results if any?:clap2:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Never could talk ol dad into buying that one. Do you remember your results if any?:clap2:
Yes...I was $150 poorer and just as fat! :D

I was in my teens looking for a shortcut. It could have been a 16 week cycle of Test and I would not have gotten anything out of it!

With that said...I'm sure it was crapola ;)

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk, Sci Fit Kre Alkalyn, Nitrox, and some other random thing Sci Fit product that I don't even remember :lol:

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Mine was Vitamin World store brand whey.

I remember a friend telling me one night after we got done lifting about when he started lifting eight or nine years back. Discussing creatine he said, "and thats back when it was good, like it was made from sand and dead animals."

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
GKG from EAS when they first came out, I was 12 I believe.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
About this time last year..I started taking Protein shakes.

Sci-Fit Ecno Whey Protein 5lbs. Then in January I bought some "advanced creatine" from Six Star (muscle tech). what a effin joke.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Some nasty azz chocolate whey protein from sports one it tasted like chocolate death, but I choked down 2-2lb containers. The first one I used that I liked was the original Ultimate Orange I loved that stuff it got me jacked up to lift.

Ether

Awards
The first one I can remember buy was Wieders weight gainer mass 4000 or something like that. I must have been 12 or 13 then. The first product I actually noticed results from was EAS' Phosphagain 2, I was 16 and actually had people ask me if I was pinning. I didn't even know what pinning was at the time.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My first was a hydrolyzed complete amino-acid formulation in cylindrical tubes. Took one serving once a day before retiring.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
ripped fuel from twin labs. I think I was 19 or so, had an old ass DP weight machine i used at the time too! lol