Caffeine sensitivity

jon1026

jon1026

Awards
What does it mean to be sensitive to caffeine or any other stimulant? Does it mean you crash easily and feel lethargic as the stimulatory effect wears away? Does it mean you get too much jitters after taking it?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It usually means that even in high doses you don't feel any effects from it. Thats is if your talking about stim dead.

Just sensitive means that even small amounts make you shaky, sick feeling etc,,

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
What does it mean to be sensitive to caffeine or any other stimulant? Does it mean you crash easily and feel lethargic as the stimulatory effect wears away? Does it mean you get too much jitters after taking it?
Basically it means that you need much less than the average person for it to take effect. Many sensitive individuals also have bad reactions to it...even at small doses as described above by crader.

Workin

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Basically it means that you need much less than the average person for it to take effect. Many sensitive individuals also have bad reactions to it...even at small doses as described above by crader.

Workin
yeah that would be like me and my bro. my bro will get mind boggling headaches from the smallest ammout of caffeine. 1 or 2 pills of RPM is enough to put him out. unlike me I have a high tolerance to stims altho the effects are starting to hit me a little harder agian.

easymac

easymac

Awards
I am extremely sensitive to caffein and stims. I can usually only take about half the recommended dosage of preworkout supps or i will throw up and get really shaky and nervous.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yeah that would be like me and my bro. my bro will get mind boggling headaches from the smallest ammout of caffeine. 1 or 2 pills of RPM is enough to put him out. unlike me I have a high tolerance to stims altho the effects are starting to hit me a little harder agian.
Hey is that link in your sig to the test you were having done or something?

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Caffeine seems to be something to stay away from for me anyway due to the posibllity of it working on E2, and raising estrogen levels. Guess this would explain why drinking three cups of coffee daily has helped prevent OP in women.

Coffee Increases Estrogen in Women

Drinking more than two cups of coffee daily may boost estrogen levels in women and could worsen conditions such as endometriosis and breast pain.

According to the researchers, women who drank the most coffee had higher levels of estradiol, a naturally occurring form of estrogen, during the early follicular phase, or days 1 to 5 of the menstrual cycle.

Higher estrogen levels would not be beneficial for women who for example have endometriosis, breast pain and family histories of breast or ovarian cancer, especially arising premenopausally.

The study included nearly 500 women aged 36 to 45 who were not pregnant, breast-feeding or taking hormones. All women answered questions about their diets, smoking habits, height and weight. Researchers measured the women's hormone levels during days 1 to 5 of their menstrual cycle.

Women who consumed more than one cup of coffee a day had significantly higher levels of estrogen during the early follicular phase of their menstrual cycle.

Caffeine intake from all sources was linked with higher estrogen levels regardless of age, body mass index (BMI), caloric intake, smoking, and alcohol and cholesterol intake.

Women who consumed at least 500 milligrams of caffeine daily, the equivalent of four or five cups of coffee, had nearly 70% more estrogen during the early follicular phase than women consuming no more than 100 mg of caffeine daily, or less than one cup of coffee.

This study provides a basis for believing that coffee consumption increases estradiol levels. While these effects are modest with one or two cups, they are more evident at higher levels of consumption.