supplements that prevents hangovers?

ucanes23

Awards
Is their any supplement that prevents the morning after hangover or reduces the effects???

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
keeping hydrated helps to prevent hangovers. Poseidon might be helpful as it helps keep you hydrated. when you drink, your basically flushing nutrition and water out of your body. Keep yourself well hydrated and drinking in moderation along with some poseidon might be helpful to prevent morning hangovers.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keeping hydrated helps to prevent hangovers. Poseidon might be helpful as it helps keep you hydrated. when you drink, your basically flushing nutrition and water out of your body. Keep yourself well hydrated and drinking in moderation along with some poseidon might be helpful to prevent morning hangovers.
We've had several reports of diminished or abscence of hangovers with individuals taking Poseidon. Just keep in mind that that's not it's primary objective.:D

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon

Being too drunk flushes everything good out of your system...do some reseach on the forum and you will see lots of postings on it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Injectable methylcobalamin and Poseidon help out a lot.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
We've had several reports of diminished or abscence of hangovers with individuals taking Poseidon. Just keep in mind that that's not it's primary objective.:D
agreed....my morning after drinkin = 2-3 scoops of poseidon, 2-3 scoops of xtend in a huge water bottle and i drag it around with me all morning at work..haha

snake32

Awards
I usually take at least a gram of NAC before I start drinking and when I get home. I think it is a great detoxifier of alcohol and cigarette smoke if you are in a smokey bar.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I usually take at least a gram of NAC before I start drinking and when I get home. I think it is a great detoxifier of alcohol and cigarette smoke if you are in a smokey bar.
ya great thing about where I live, its illegal to smoke in bars!....cant even begin to explain the difference man

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Is their any supplement that prevents the morning after hangover or reduces the effects???
Poseidon works miracles for hangovers. 1-2 scoops before bed and 1-2 scoops first thing in the morning should fix you right up! :thumsbup:

Workin

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
b vitamins... I have hangovers from like 3 beers I switched to liquor drink about 2 beer cup sized glasses of soco and ice then pound water for the rest of the night really works for me... also back during crazy party days I loved some propel fitness water and food for the hangovers
also a girl in pharmacy school was telling me something like etOH kills a certain glycogen or glucos cycle and like pure sugar will help out, but I don't remember exactly I'll ask her if I remember

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Eating eggs helps 'cure' a hangover because the cysteine in them helps to break down the acetaldehyde produced by the liver when breaking down the alcohol. Other than that, pop a few advil before bed with a lot of water.
cc

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have seen and heard of ppl using creatine to help reduce hangovers, but I am not sold on how effective it is. There seems to be an even amount that report worse or lessened hangovers.

Stay away from alcohol that is carbonated or has color like bourbon, and stick with the clear liquor.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
agreed....my morning after drinkin = 2-3 scoops of poseidon, 2-3 scoops of xtend in a huge water bottle and i drag it around with me all morning at work..haha
Poisedon+BCAA's works great!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you dont want hangovers:

1 teaspoon phenibut (adjust dose down for tolerance if needed) - This will allow you to lower the total amount of alchohol you consume.

Poseiden - Liberally! Mix 2-3 servings in with 32oz gatorade and 10-15g taurine. Drink half before bed and half when you get up to pee

Grant

Awards
  • Established
If you dont want hangovers:

1 teaspoon phenibut (adjust dose down for tolerance if needed) - This will allow you to lower the total amount of alchohol you consume.

Yea..... uh, be VERY careful if you are going to do this, you can get drunk very quickly while taking Phenibut, been years since I did it, but I think I drank about 3 shots of so before I was ****faced, although I have no idea how much phenibut I took

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon works miracles for hangovers. 1-2 scoops before bed and 1-2 scoops first thing in the morning should fix you right up! :thumsbup:

Workin
:goodpost:
after a hard week of training and working i like to go out on a saturday night , enjoy a few beers and hit the clubs. i always supplement with poseidon as mentioned above and it sure does the trick for beating hang overs, i even can get up for the early morning surf. cheers nimbus:cheers:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Weed, Wake and Bake. But I don't drink or smoke anymore.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:
after a hard week of training and working i like to go out on a saturday night , enjoy a few beers and hit the clubs. i always supplement with poseidon as mentioned above and it sure does the trick for beating hang overs, i even can get up for the early morning surf. cheers nimbus:cheers:
Thanks for posting your feedback vincespider! Glad to hear Poseidon is working so well for you. Cheers to you my friend! :cheers:

Workin

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
not drinking reduces hangovers as well

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea..... uh, be VERY careful if you are going to do this, you can get drunk very quickly while taking Phenibut, been years since I did it, but I think I drank about 3 shots of so before I was ****faced, although I have no idea how much phenibut I took
Yeah man it can make it worse but that why I do it. If you do get a "hangover" it is just being very tired and lazy but not painfull and I can handle that. also the amount of alchohol goes down a TON as well... Even worse is if you drink a bit then take the Phen, hits you like a ton of bricks

Dalamara

Awards
Chugging water until you're almost completely sober works best for me.

Example:

Last Friday I had 3/4ths a fifth of Vodka, and then 6 beers at the club. I was ****ing BLASTED. Came home, started chugging water, went through probably 6 liters in two and a half hours... was almost sober when I went to bed and felt absolutely fine the next morning.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
all good advice. I use them all myself. I also heard alcohol depleats the zinc from your body so I ZMA it before crashing. I also wanted to toss in vit. C.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Lot's of interesting suggestions here so far. I was just at a friend's bachelor party this weekend and can personally vouch for mega dosing multi-vitamins before passing out. A couple big glasses of water with it will help too. After drinking a hideous amount of beer and rum both Friday and Saturday night, I woke up each morning after with more of a cloudy head from lack of sleep, rather than that god awful sick, hungover feeling. And in both cases after getting food in my belly and rehydrating, I felt perfectly fine within an hour or so.

This is the best regimen I've used thus far. And dirt cheap too.

ocyeoman

Awards
Of the supps specifically designed to cure/prevent hangovers, I've found sobr'k to be the absolute best. It's cheap too.