Quercetin

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see quercetin used in a few resveratrol formulas to help enhance availability of resveratriol. Quercetin also seems to have other benefits

Why Would I Want to Use Quercetin?

Quercetin's anti-histamine action may help to relieve allergic symptoms and asthma symptoms. The anti-inflammatory properties may help to reduce pain from disorders such as arthritis. Men who are concerned about prostate problems would also benefit from quercetin. Quercetin may also help reduce symptoms like fatigue, depression and anxiety.

But it also has negatives, potentially quercetin can raise estrogen, and cause libido issues. So I just wanted to start a thread to discuss it, cause improving availability of resveratrol is valuable due to its cost.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of the negative side effects of Quercetin are at large dosages, IIRC.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Quercetin's anti-histamine action may help to relieve allergic symptoms and asthma symptoms. The anti-inflammatory properties may help to reduce pain from disorders such as arthritis. Men who are concerned about prostate problems would also benefit from quercetin. Quercetin may also help reduce symptoms like fatigue, depression and anxiety. ...
That's what they say, and that was specifically how I tried to apply it, but it didn't help that I could tell. I have bad seasonal allergies, maybe it works better for 'normal' people allergies? It does reduce bruising when stacked with C and it can boost GABA activity by allosteric modulation at high doses, but those are the doses that start to blunt the finer points of libido. Try it for a month and judge for yourself.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
It hasn't helped my allergies, they are killing me this week.

I take whatever amount is in giant resveratrol.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I did a run of GXR (it has Quercetin and 2 analogs) and Now resveretrol (2 now brand res + 1 gxr, 4 times a day).

And honestly it was one of the most effective supps I have taken, although next time I want to try topical res.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I did a run of GXR (it has Quercetin and 2 analogs) and Now resveretrol (2 now brand res + 1 gxr, 4 times a day).

And honestly it was one of the most effective supps I have taken, although next time I want to try topical res.
What is, the res? Effective how so, I mean what was your subjective advantage?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
For allergies the best mix I've used is NOW's "QBC" which is quercetin, bromelain and vitamin C. Dampens allergies but rarely gets rid of them entirely.

The best route is methyl B12 injections IMO and if that doesn't do it fully, add QBC and an herb called Butterbur. Solaray makes a good strong extract. Also can be used for migraine prevention.

When using that full arsenal, I have zero allergies whereas before I had extremely severe (read debilitating) allergies.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know at the dose i'm taking of resveratrol, actual sexual performance for me is at 17 year old level :D funny, desire isn't any higher, but then again, I never needed help with that part.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
What is, the res? Effective how so, I mean what was your subjective advantage?
My mood/motivation/sex drive.
Feel harder (could be the ALA being taken with every meal though) too.

Could be placebo, all I can say is it's pretty cheap and worth a try to anyone interested, I'd love to hear that it's not just me.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
How high of a dose of Q is considered high for those speaking of the estrogen/libido sides?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It hasn't helped my allergies, they are killing me this week...
One good natural anti-allergy combination is butterbur extract and rosmarinic acid (with co-factors such as luteolin and perilla leaf).
My apologies, Easy, I did not want to derail your thread!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its good. actually 250mg quercetin 2x daily is helping with my allergies, and hopefully helping with resveratrol half life :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've actually been taking 500mg 2x daily now, and allergies are responding better than with prescription meds. No loss of libido yet, but keep in mind I am taking matching amounts of resveratrol...