Tested Positive for Meth

  1. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    Tested Positive for Meth - Please Help


    So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

    Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

    Epistane
    Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
    Cycle Support
    LiverAid
    Cissus
    Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
    Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.

    Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

    Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

  2. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    179
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    75.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Too much caffeine can make you test positive.

    Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.
  3. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    179
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    75.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Are you taking any other caffeine or stim products?
    •   
       

  4. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11893
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    was this a piss test?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Advanced Member
    bombBoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    78.17%

    Really? Does extra caffeine come up positive?
    Or taken ephedrine?
    This makes me think about too much of ephedrine = positive meth legend.
  6. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    1 xenergy a day
    1 diet coke
    2 cups of coffee
    some coffee beans sprinkled in a protein shake

    sounds like alot of caffeine. i'll cut way back before my next test

    yes it was a piss test

    thanks for the responses so far. keep em coming. i need to get to the bottom of this before my next test.


    Good news is that my liver was GREAT after my cycle of Epistane and Halodrol-50
  7. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    you need to stop cooking that stuff up in your kitchen you tweaker. jk.

    that sucks. first time i've ever heard of this. caffine can cause this?? really???

    sounds more like a false positive bad test.
  8. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    I guess that shyt I railed wasn't baking soda?!? lol

    It had to be a false positive. I only hope that my liver test was accurate (since it came out squeaky clean!)

    Oh well, wish me luck on Friday.
  9. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1157
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.
  10. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I've drugged tested and have been on plenty of stim related products(more than I should have been) and I have never even caused the needle to move on those tests.
  11. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

    thanks
  12. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1407
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.

    Agree. I do not agree that caffeinne can come up pos for amphetamines; 2 totally different structures (chemically). Both stims, but not in the same category of stims.
  13. Senior Member
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    10633
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    96.84%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

    thanks
    Taken any allergy/cold meds? Sudafed?
  14. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10347
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

    Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

    Epistane
    Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
    Cycle Support
    LiverAid
    Cissus
    Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
    Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.

    Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

    Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

    Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

    My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

    My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.
  15. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    680
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    You sure you don't remember that rail you did right before the exam?
  16. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

    My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

    My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.
    thanks for the great info
  17. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1407
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

    My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

    My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.

    Is this true? Where did you hear that? I'm curious because I've used a lot of AMP and never tested dirty from it.
  18. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3016
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ok guys. I piss test people everyday and have a pretty good knowledge of what will give a false positive and what wont because I have to be sure. If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos. The caffeine comment is total crap! Heebs list looked good. some cold meds, some ADD meds, ephedrine... lay off some of the stims to make sure except caffeine. caffeine will not test pos. for amph. or meth. meth is a form of amph.
  19. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10347
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Is this true? Where did you hear that? I'm curious because I've used a lot of AMP and never tested dirty from it.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050700913.html
  20. Advanced Member
    edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    10.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos.
    I'm not sure if I tested positive for methamphetemines or just straight up amphetemines. I can assure you that I didn't use either. I've used plenty of illegal substances in my day, none of which recently, and none of which were illegal stims. (I was more of a downtown kinda guy.)

    It seems to me that either a) the test was bogus b) my other supps were contaminated, in which case, everyone should be wary, especially if you are tested for parole or for a job and use lots of other supplements.

    Thanks
  21. Advanced Member
    CaponeCEO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.6%

    What about a Methy based prohormone?....I wonder if they have some of the same chemical properties...obviously with very different effects.
  22. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    757
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    47.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    To test positive for meth amphetamine you need meth amphetamine metabolites, the only the that springs to mind to me is selegline and meth (although I am sure there are others... mdma... methylone... but but I am not positive)

    I imagine it's contaminated or a really crappy assuming test.
  23. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1407
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro


    Thanks, wow...

    AMP s cool, but I'd hate to see someone come up dirty from it. It ain't THAT good!!!
  24. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    757
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    47.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    washingtonpost is bs.
    Oh the drama.
    I hate to see the FDA getting in the way of inovation
  25. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22020
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    95.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Geranamine is I believe now specifically tested for by WADA which is why it would show up. Caffeine also has to be specifically tested for, and besides Olympic athletes it is not. Amphetamines use will show up from a number of cold medicines, ephedra, adderall, Ritalin etc. The tests are actually very accurate so this must be a false positive, unless one of those supplements you used were tainted which has happened before apparently.
  26. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22020
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    95.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Uh no

    Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    What about a Methy based prohormone?....I wonder if they have some of the same chemical properties...obviously with very different effects.
  27. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Uh no
    Dear God - I fear for this country's future.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chris Leben tests Positive for Winstrol
    By holyintellect in forum MMA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 12:37 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 01:10 AM
  3. Just tested positive for ANA (perhaps lupus)
    By bulls**t in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in