Tested Positive for Meth

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Tested Positive for Meth - Please Help

So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

Epistane
    Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
    Cycle Support
    LiverAid
    Cissus
    Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
    Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.

Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Too much caffeine can make you test positive.

Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Are you taking any other caffeine or stim products?
    •   

4. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

was this a piss test?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Really? Does extra caffeine come up positive?
    Or taken ephedrine?
    This makes me think about too much of ephedrine = positive meth legend.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

1 xenergy a day
    1 diet coke
    2 cups of coffee
    some coffee beans sprinkled in a protein shake

sounds like alot of caffeine. i'll cut way back before my next test

yes it was a piss test

thanks for the responses so far. keep em coming. i need to get to the bottom of this before my next test.

Good news is that my liver was GREAT after my cycle of Epistane and Halodrol-50
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

you need to stop cooking that stuff up in your kitchen you tweaker. jk.

that sucks. first time i've ever heard of this. caffine can cause this?? really???

sounds more like a false positive bad test.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I guess that shyt I railed wasn't baking soda?!? lol

It had to be a false positive. I only hope that my liver test was accurate (since it came out squeaky clean!)

Oh well, wish me luck on Friday.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I've drugged tested and have been on plenty of stim related products(more than I should have been) and I have never even caused the needle to move on those tests.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

thanks
  12. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.

Agree. I do not agree that caffeinne can come up pos for amphetamines; 2 totally different structures (chemically). Both stims, but not in the same category of stims.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

thanks
    Taken any allergy/cold meds? Sudafed?
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

Epistane
    Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
    Cycle Support
    LiverAid
    Cissus
    Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin

Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

You sure you don't remember that rail you did right before the exam?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.
    thanks for the great info
  17. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post

Is this true? Where did you hear that? I'm curious because I've used a lot of AMP and never tested dirty from it.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Ok guys. I piss test people everyday and have a pretty good knowledge of what will give a false positive and what wont because I have to be sure. If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos. The caffeine comment is total crap! Heebs list looked good. some cold meds, some ADD meds, ephedrine... lay off some of the stims to make sure except caffeine. caffeine will not test pos. for amph. or meth. meth is a form of amph.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Is this true? Where did you hear that? I'm curious because I've used a lot of AMP and never tested dirty from it.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050700913.html
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos.
    I'm not sure if I tested positive for methamphetemines or just straight up amphetemines. I can assure you that I didn't use either. I've used plenty of illegal substances in my day, none of which recently, and none of which were illegal stims. (I was more of a downtown kinda guy.)

It seems to me that either a) the test was bogus b) my other supps were contaminated, in which case, everyone should be wary, especially if you are tested for parole or for a job and use lots of other supplements.

Thanks
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

What about a Methy based prohormone?....I wonder if they have some of the same chemical properties...obviously with very different effects.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

To test positive for meth amphetamine you need meth amphetamine metabolites, the only the that springs to mind to me is selegline and meth (although I am sure there are others... mdma... methylone... but but I am not positive)

I imagine it's contaminated or a really crappy assuming test.
  23. Gold Member
    Answers

Thanks, wow...

AMP s cool, but I'd hate to see someone come up dirty from it. It ain't THAT good!!!
  24. Registered User
    Answers

washingtonpost is bs.
    Oh the drama.
    I hate to see the FDA getting in the way of inovation
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Geranamine is I believe now specifically tested for by WADA which is why it would show up. Caffeine also has to be specifically tested for, and besides Olympic athletes it is not. Amphetamines use will show up from a number of cold medicines, ephedra, adderall, Ritalin etc. The tests are actually very accurate so this must be a false positive, unless one of those supplements you used were tainted which has happened before apparently.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Uh no

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    What about a Methy based prohormone?....I wonder if they have some of the same chemical properties...obviously with very different effects.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Uh no
    Dear God - I fear for this country's future.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chris Leben tests Positive for Winstrol
    By holyintellect in forum MMA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. Just tested positive for ANA (perhaps lupus)
    By bulls**t in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 08:52 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM