What are the anti-oxidant benefits of taking RPM? - AnabolicMinds.com

What are the anti-oxidant benefits of taking RPM?

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

What are the anti-oxidant benefits of taking RPM?

I'd assume the dose of grape seed extract is pretty high. What are the anti-oxidant benefits afforded those who take RPM daily, and/or pre-workout only?

2. O.G. Appnut

Reputation Reputation

A question I've wondered as well.... obviously there are benefits in the way of antioxidant properties, but to what extent..... we'll have to let rms80 answer.

But yes, that's one high %, quality extract!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by poison;
    I'd assume the dose of grape seed extract is pretty high. What are the anti-oxidant benefits afforded those who take RPM daily, and/or pre-workout only?
    While RPM cannot be recommended as the only source of daily antioxidant protection, the compounds Icariin, Naringin, and Grape Seed Extract, all found in RPM, have been shown to possess significant antioxidant properties.

Icariin, an epimedium flavonoid and testosteron mimetic, has been shown to protect the endothelial (inner wall of the arteries) cells from hydogen-perioxide-induced damage. Furthermore, icariin appears to inhibit the expression of the enzyme, caspase-3, that promotes hydrogen-peroxide-induced cell apoptosis (cell death).
    Icariin also protects linoleic acid against peroxidation of micellar cells caused by free radicals, and helps to improve memory and cognitive damage caused by aluminum poisoning.

Naringin, a flavonone of grapefruit, has been shown to have considerable anti-oxidant/DNA-protection, anti-inflammatory, blood-lipid, cholesterol-lowering, and metal-chelating properties.

Naturally-occurring and highly bioavailable, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are known to possess significant anti-oxidant activity compared to vitamin c, vitamin e, and beta carotene, especially in terms of free-radical-induced lipid peroxidation and DNA damage, cytotoxicity toward cancer cells, tobacco-induced oxidative damage, liver damage due to acetominophen activity, and so on.

So, whether you take RPM daily or on workout days only, you would obtain dose-dependent anti-oxidant protection from RPM supplementation.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.

Thumbs up Great post man!

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    While RPM cannot be recommended as the only source of daily antioxidant protection, the compounds Icariin, Naringin, and Grape Seed Extract, all found in RPM, have been shown to possess significant antioxidant properties.

Icariin, an epimedium flavonoid and testosteron mimetic, has been shown to protect the endothelial (inner wall of the arteries) cells from hydogen-perioxide-induced damage. Furthermore, icariin appears to inhibit the expression of the enzyme, caspase-3, that promotes hydrogen-peroxide-induced cell apoptosis (cell death).
    Icariin also protects linoleic acid against peroxidation of micellar cells caused by free radicals, and helps to improve memory and cognitive damage caused by aluminum poisoning.

Naringin, a flavonone of grapefruit, has been shown to have considerable anti-oxidant/DNA-protection, anti-inflammatory, blood-lipid, cholesterol-lowering, and metal-chelating properties.

Naturally-occurring and highly bioavailable, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are known to possess significant anti-oxidant activity compared to vitamin c, vitamin e, and beta carotene, especially in terms of free-radical-induced lipid peroxidation and DNA damage, cytotoxicity toward cancer cells, tobacco-induced oxidative damage, liver damage due to acetominophen activity, and so on.

So, whether you take RPM daily or on workout days only, you would obtain dose-dependent anti-oxidant protection from RPM supplementation.
    You pretty much covered it in a nutshell. To add on though...taking some extra grape seed extract and some vitamin c would be a wise choice as well.

I'll put it this way...I haven't gotten sick in two years since I've consistently taken grape seed extract and high dosage vitamin C.
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

GSE is great stuff. When using heavy doses of it and C I notice that my skin gets more elastic/younger so there's probably some truth to the claims that it boosts collagen production.
  6. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by bioman;
    GSE is great stuff. When using heavy doses of it and C I notice that my skin gets more elastic/younger so there's probably some truth to the claims that it boosts collagen production.
    On top of the synergy OPCs and the other nutrients in the RPM blend, I also try to take additional Grape Seed Extract daily and altogether about 5 000mg of Vitamin C in about 5 doses of 1 000mg each. Vitamin C is essential in collagen synthesis
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  7. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19;
    I'll put it this way...I haven't gotten sick in two years since I've consistently taken grape seed extract and high dosage vitamin C.
    That is a synergistic blend!
  8. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    On top of the synergy OPCs and the other nutrients in the RPM blend, I also try to take additional Grape Seed Extract daily and altogether about 5 000mg of Vitamin C in about 5 doses of 1 000mg each. Vitamin C is essential in collagen synthesis
    that's what makes Osteo-C a step up on the compatition!
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth;
    that's what makes Osteo-C a step up on the compatition!
    Yep! Optimal cissus benefits coupled with collagen synthesis
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
  2. What are the Real Benefits of Ginseng Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
  3. What Are the Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM
  4. What Are The Benefits Of Fish Oil?
    By bslick69b in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
  5. What are the benefits of using the Sauna and/or the Steam Room?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 04:32 AM