3 Day Creatine Pulsing

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There have been a few mentions of pulsing creatine at high doses for 3 days on/3 days off. I read a few people do this and tried to use the search button to get more of the science behind why but because of the vaugeness of the key terms it is nearly impossible to find.

For the people who haven't read this the idea is to take a high dose, say 25g a day for mono, for 3 days on followed by 3 days off. From my reccolection this allows you body to build maximal creatine levels without starting the negative feedback loop and realizing it has super compensated.

Since my recollection of the science behind this is weak and because I doubt enough people have gotten to hear about this, i am hoping the people who have done this or know more about it can chime in. Also I would like to figure out does for this for C Di-malate.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There have been a few mentions of pulsing creatine at high doses for 3 days on/3 days off. I read a few people do this and tried to use the search button to get more of the science behind why but because of the vaugeness of the key terms it is nearly impossible to find.

For the people who haven't read this the idea is to take a high dose, say 25g a day for mono, for 3 days on followed by 3 days off. From my reccolection this allows you body to build maximal creatine levels without starting the negative feedback loop and realizing it has super compensated.

Since my recollection of the science behind this is weak and because I doubt enough people have gotten to hear about this, i am hoping the people who have done this or know more about it can chime in. Also I would like to figure out does for this for C Di-malate.

Never heard of that. It sounds retarded though.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
won't matter because of the mechanism of action of storage by the body. If you are loaded, it takes a month or more to deplete the stores back down to normal. So taking a break every three days isn't going to change ****.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
won't matter because of the mechanism of action of storage by the body. If you are loaded, it takes a month or more to deplete the stores back down to normal. So taking a break every three days isn't going to change ****.
Thank you. I am just trying to learn because I know there are a few people lurking who have gone into long explanations as to why this works but I am not for or against it and would like to learn the negatives as well. This isn't my idea or theory just something I have read about and never seen further discussed. :afro:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
good point. I read about the loading phase and such before as well. there is a lot of different opinion about it but agian like poison said it takes a while before creatine is depleted. In my opinion it would be a waste of money to do such. If anyone has anything to say, please feel free to do so. Im always opened to hear new things.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
here I found just what your looking for reading. I hope this might help.

4.1: What dosage should be used? Is a loading phase necessary?

"Loading" refers to the practice of taking larger than normal doses for the first few days of supplementation to maximize muscle creatine stores as quickly as possible. This is followed by a maintenance phase, during which a smaller dose is taken daily to maintain the high levels of creatine.

Loading is not necessary, but it is beneficial. In one study, a maintenance dose (3 g/day) took thirty days to maximize creatine stores. On the other hand, a loading dose (20 g/day) maximized muscle creatine levels in only two days. Normal maintenance doses fall in the 3-5 g range (2 g has been found to be insufficient), although some take as much as 10 g, while 20-30 g (usually 20 g) is used for loading. Some sources recommend a loading phase of 6-7 days, but this appears to be unnecessary. Given that stores are maximized after two days of loading, 2-3 days should be sufficient. One study indicated that resistance training athletes can utilize around 50 mg/kg daily of creatine. A maintenance dose of 5-10 g daily is recommended to ensure that enough is being taken. Taking more than this for maintenance is generally a waste of creatine.

4.2: How and when should creatine be taken?

Creatine usually comes in powder form. Although capsules are available, they are significantly more expensive and most prefer powder. Creatine can be mixed in most drinks. During loading, it is customary to divide the creatine into 3-4 doses spread throughout the day (3 doses of 10 g or 4 doses of 5 g). During maintenance, 1-2 doses daily (usually of 5 g each) are used. Taking one of the doses pre-exercise on exercise days is recommended. Also, if some meals contain more carbohydrates than others, creatine should be taken with the high carbohydrate meals.

Some believe it is best to take creatine throughout the day to maintain elevated blood levels. However, once muscles are saturated with creatine, it takes a long time for muscle creatine levels to return to baseline (30 days). In the big picture, maintaining elevated blood levels around the clock is relatively inconsequential, as muscle creatine levels will be maintained at near-maximum with once daily dosing.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you did three on, three off, you're still probably eventually going to fully load, though it's going to take longer; you'll also only get partial benefits in that time, as it's taking longer to load. Sounds like a lose-lose to me. And once you DID load fully, taking three days off isn't going to do much: you'd need a full month Or more off to deplete the supply meaningfully.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff guys.

Maybe the people who origonally brought the idea up could see this and chime in. I wish I remembered their names and could PM them but unitl they do I guess the subject is resolved...

Damn because I do remember it sounding good but a lot of things sound good at first ha

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
If you did three on, three off, you're still probably eventually going to fully load, though it's going to take longer; you'll also only get partial benefits in that time, as it's taking longer to load. Sounds like a lose-lose to me. And once you DID load fully, taking three days off isn't going to do much: you'd need a full month Or more off to deplete the supply meaningfully.
:goodpost:

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 10g of creatine mono a day (5g pre, 5g post) and the first month I noticed some good weight increase and fullness, now i'm nearing the END of my second month and I seem to be back down to my Pre-creatine weight (so I lost about 5 lbs) and i'm not feeling so full as of recently...

any idea's? I figure this is more likely due to my eating habits, but I figure I might check to see if the creatine has anything to do with it, I plan on taking creatine for another 3-4 weeks then taking a break for a little while. . .

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I believe EctoPower was the one who first brought up the idea. Maybe he'll chime in.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive seen this too I believe Fritzer is the guy that said this works. Ive been wanting to try it since going back on creatine mono but like always *sigh....cant get to taking creatine that often. at the most ill do 5g 2x a day. I hate creatine and how it always sinks to the bottom of the glass/cup.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive seen this too I believe Fritzer is the guy that said this works. Ive been wanting to try it since going back on creatine mono but like always *sigh....cant get to taking creatine that often. at the most ill do 5g 2x a day. I hate creatine and how it always sinks to the bottom of the glass/cup.
See i knew I wasn't crazy! Ha... Di-malate is more water solluable I guess so maybe that would be worth a try.