natural diuretic

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I know Green Tea, Cafein and Dandelion Root are natural diuretics...

how much is an average dose...and if I were to take Dandelion root and green tea extract before bed in hope to lose some water weight by the morning what would be a protocol to follow (dosage and how much water) or would that even be effective?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't have an answer for you, but you can add Corn Silk to that list. You'll have to look up dosages on it though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard aspargus and cucumbers are,but that is just hearsay/

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a reminder that although diuretics, or water pills, as you know, help remove excess liquid from the body, they have the side effect that they can elicit the loss of potassium in the urine, producing electrolyte abnormalities. This should be watched and compensated for.
By the way, Taurine (2gr-3gr per day) has similar effects as standard diuretics, helping to reduce excess-fluid levels. Another important taurine benefit is that it minimizes the impact of the protein angiotensin II that causes blood vessels to constrict. Angiotensin II is, as you know, the same protein targeted by ACE (Angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors, the cornerstones of classical congestive heart failure treatment. I find this aspect a really cool benefit of taurine ingestion.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I know Green Tea, Cafein and Dandelion Root are natural diuretics...

how much is an average dose...and if I were to take Dandelion root and green tea extract before bed in hope to lose some water weight by the morning what would be a protocol to follow (dosage and how much water) or would that even be effective?
I'm assuming, based on your board name "Fitmodel", your asking to help prepare for a photo shoot or something. I wrote an article that may be of help to you. I'm attaching it to this response. It talks about various supplement protocols and activities to help you loose excess water before a shoot.

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Workin

Attachments