Bulk Beta-Alanine + Levithan.. too much?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I just got my order in of Levithan and a few other goodies, including bulk Beta Alanine. I see that Levithan contains Niacin, B-3, which can result in a Niacin flush. Beta Alanine, although I do not understand it's exact relation to Niacin, can result in the Niacin flush as well.

So I'm assuming these two compounds have something to do with each other. Previously, with Incarnate, I have been intaking 4g BA. I plan to hold onto that number through bulk BA supplementation, and I'm giving the supplement Levithan a try. I plan on using 4 scoops throughout the day, which would add up to 300mg of Niacin B-3.

Is that an issue I should be concerned about? I'm guessing there is some relation between the two since they both cause a light Niacin flush sometimes... but I don't know where to go from there.

Planning -
2g BA + 1 scoop Levithan + 2g Citrulline Malate, all mixed in with 30-40g BCAA's. I would take the second BA dose ~30 mins after exercising.

Thanks

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
im guessing you mean poseidon not leviathan?...no you will be fine with poseidon and ba, you will probly get a lil flushed for your first couple doses, but be fine after that. BTW Leviathan is our fat burner, Poseidon, which is also an amazing product is what im sure your talking about.
=)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he is talking about the tingling from BA. It is similar to niacin, but you will be fine. I have been dosing Leviathan and Incarnate and have had ZERO issues.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I think he is talking about the tingling from BA. It is similar to niacin, but you will be fine. I have been dosing Leviathan and Incarnate and have had ZERO issues.
ummm pretty sure saying scoops of leviathan, he meant poseidon....but i guess we will wait to see what he meant

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
ummm pretty sure saying scoops of leviathan, he meant poseidon....but i guess we will wait to see what he meant
PFFFFF wow, it must be past my bedtime! Bonehead move, thanks for correcting me. Yes, that is the one!

And thanks for the replies! I wasn't sure if Niacin and Beta Alanine were somehow related to each other so much that dosages must be watched carefully. Appreciate it

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I just ran into another question.

On Nutraplanet, the dosage is given @ 1 teaspoon. It reads that a teaspoon is approximately 5 grams, and there are 180 servings (900g container)

On my container(a different label I may add), the dosage is given @ 1 SCOOP. It reads on the container that each scoop is approximately 5 grams, but that there are only 90 servings per container(still a 900g container).

Any clue which one is a typo? I checked the ingredients, and 1 scoop matches the % of ingredients per 1 teaspoon. So that leads me to assume the 90 servings should be 180 instead?

Thanks

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I think i read something about this before. I think the container might have a typo. This was addressed before In a older thread if im not mistaken. Maybe Workin might be able to address this issue. I believe that maybe the container has a typo. You can tell, Just look at the container and make a guess. Depending on how big the scooper is vs how big the container is. 90 servings and 180 servings is a big difference.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PFFFFF wow, it must be past my bedtime! Bonehead move, thanks for correcting me. Yes, that is the one!

And thanks for the replies! I wasn't sure if Niacin and Beta Alanine were somehow related to each other so much that dosages must be watched carefully. Appreciate it
Niacin, especially in its form as nicotinic acid, not nicotinamide or niacinamide, can produce an expansion of blood vessels, creating a feeling known as the "niacin flush", a completely harmless sensation, indicating improved blood flow. The flush can produce a redness of the skin.

Specifically, large organs in the body obtain their supply of blood, and therefore oxygen and nutrients, from large arteries. The larger part of the body near the surface, however, get their supply of blood via small blood vessels known as capillaries. These capillaries are so small or narrow that blood cells can only flow through them in a single file. These capillaries may also be so clogged that blood may not be able to flow through them at all. The ingestion of niacin, however, causes these small blood vessels to expand, allowing them to be able to carry two or three blood cells simultaneously. This corresponds to a dramatic increase in blood flow.This dramatic increase in blood flow to the surface of the body produces a "flush" sensation in the skin. Simultaneously, the cells of the small capillaries eliminate toxins during this improved blood flow. The process of elimination of toxins is also interpreted by the cells of the capillaries as being under attack, leading to the production of histamine, a natural substance produced by every cell in the body when it is under attack, or when toxins are being eliminated. The creation of histamine generates an "itchy" feeling.
In sum, the niacin flush is a completely harmless event, even if some consider it an unpleasant sensation. There are even recommendations to ingest niacin before copulation to heighten the experience of orgasm!

Now to beta alanine.

There is no beta-alanine "flush" in the sense of the skin turning red. There is a tingling (called paraethesia) or itching of the skin. This is not an allergic reaction. It is a normal body reaction to the consumption of beta alanine, once the compound has been absorbed into the blood stream. The precise mechanism here is not fully known. However, there are two theories.
1) The tingling is initiated by beta alanine binding to nerve receptors. These nerve receptors are excited, making them fire off at random. The situation of many of these nerve cells just below the surface of the skin creates a prickling, pins-and-needles, sensation at certain spots on the skin. 2) As a nitric-oxide potentiator (not generator), beta Alanine magnifies the action of nitric oxide, making its effects stronger and longer-lasting. Consequently, after the consumption of beta alanine, when the body produces nitric oxide, its effects will be amplified, making us feel the extra blood flowing through the capillaries close to the surface of the skin.

The intensity of the tingling is dose-dependent and ceases after serum beta-alanine levels are saturated.

Neither the niacin flush nor the beta-alanine tingling sensation should be a cause for worry.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Neither the niacin flush nor the beta-alanine tingling sensation should be a cause for worry.
i'll add to this "at normal doses" and a personal warning of don't take 5g of beta alanine in one dose :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'll add to this "at normal doses" and a personal warning of don't take 5g of beta alanine in one dose :D
"Normal doses" were assumed. These produce the flushing and tingling, anyway. Regarding beta alanine, the daily oral ingestion ranges between 4gr and 6.4gr in divided doses. Agree that 5gr at once would be an overkill.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Actually, I just ran into another question.

On Nutraplanet, the dosage is given @ 1 teaspoon. It reads that a teaspoon is approximately 5 grams, and there are 180 servings (900g container)

On my container(a different label I may add), the dosage is given @ 1 SCOOP. It reads on the container that each scoop is approximately 5 grams, but that there are only 90 servings per container(still a 900g container).

Any clue which one is a typo? I checked the ingredients, and 1 scoop matches the % of ingredients per 1 teaspoon. So that leads me to assume the 90 servings should be 180 instead?

Thanks

Good question Highlanda01602...sorry for my late response. I just caught this thread.

The scoop that comes in Poseidon is approximately 1 teaspoon. Each scoop (or teaspoon) of Poseidon is approximately 5 grams. The smaller containers of Poseidon each have 90 servings and the larger containers (the 900 gram size you have) each contain 180 servings. (900/5 = 180)
There was a misprint on our label and I apologize for that.

On to the other question of mixing BA with Poseidon/Niacin...

There is no problem mixing the 2 as stated very well up above. Our latest development, SWELL, actually combines Poseidon and BA, along with many other performance enhancing ingredients, to give you one of the most effective, synergistic products sold on the market today. :thumbsup:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1470/swell.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Workin