Resveratrol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got sitting in the house right now about 300g of 50% resveratrol with 2/3 of it capped, 120g loose. I started taking it at 2g total (so 1g active) about a week ago. I've noticed my balls feel "full" all the time - my libido itself in terms of desire isn't any higher, but the sex is better than average and all. No other noticeable effects yet.

Anyone think I should go with 2g active a day? :) thats the rough amount corrected for metabolism that was used in the rat studies. it was cheap enough, I think total was around $140, so i'm under $1/g of active. At 2g/active a day what I have should last me 2 1/2 months. I guess the other question is should I be splitting the dose ? right now i'm taking the whole 1g in the morning.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got sitting in the house right now about 300g of 50% resveratrol with 2/3 of it capped, 120g loose. I started taking it at 2g total (so 1g active) about a week ago. I've noticed my balls feel "full" all the time - my libido itself in terms of desire isn't any higher, but the sex is better than average and all. No other noticeable effects yet.

Anyone think I should go with 2g active a day? :) thats the rough amount corrected for metabolism that was used in the rat studies. it was cheap enough, I think total was around $140, so i'm under $1/g of active. At 2g/active a day what I have should last me 2 1/2 months. I guess the other question is should I be splitting the dose ? right now i'm taking the whole 1g in the morning.
Hmmm, I know I have read somewhere that people were having problems with ligaments or tendons while megadosing res. I am not sure where that was but I will look for it.

And I would split the doses up during the day.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I was doing 500mg trans-resveratrol (now brand, EXPENSIVE!) with GXR (quecetin that I had left over, I dunno how the ALA played into it) and 40% Icariin extract and oh boy I was wanting to **** all the time.
Icariin + Resveratrol = win
I wonder where you got so much res.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was doing 500mg trans-resveratrol (now brand, EXPENSIVE!) with GXR (quecetin that I had left over, I dunno how the ALA played into it) and 40% Icariin extract and oh boy I was wanting to **** all the time.
Icariin + Resveratrol = win
I wonder where you got so much res.
MOD EDIT: Uh Rules please. Thank you very much.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I've been dosing 500 mg of active over 2 doses (giant's version). I can't say I have noticed a whole lot. I'd like to step up to 1-2 grams, but its too expensive. I plan to cut my other supplements way down and try out higher doses one of these days.

PM me where you got your res from. It is lame we can't link something that NP doesn't even carry...other than the crappy version from NOW.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well good news is we have a product coming out with 1200mg (50%) Trans-Resveratrol per day 30 days worth PLUS there are extra items along with it to increase the bodies ability to utilize it.

CROWLER

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I love you Crowler. Uh, that came out the wrong way, I love AI.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well good news is we have a product coming out with 1200mg (50%) Trans-Resveratrol per day 30 days worth PLUS there are extra items along with it to increase the bodies ability to utilize it.

CROWLER
Waiting on it :)

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Hmmm, I know I have read somewhere that people were having problems with ligaments or tendons while megadosing res.

Yes, I do believe there is a link here. I started taking Grape Seed Plus Resveratrol by Spring Valley (got it at Wal-Mart) and I took the recomended dose of 2 caps a day which would be 100mg of grape seed total but I don't know how much res because it doesn't say on the bottle, but anyway I started having sharp pains in my knees. It took me a long time to figure out that this product was the problem.

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just noticed that NOW brand's quercetin is 800mg for 2 caps, 120 to a bottle. so I think i'll pick some up at the grocery store to try and enhance the resveratrol even further.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well damn, I just found this

[edit] Metabolism
In humans resveratrol rapidly undergoes phase II conjugation, both glucuronidation and sulphation at multiple sites on the molecule. The effect of conjugation on efficacy is debated.[35][36] The pharmacokinetics of resveratrol metabolism have not been investigated in humans. Rat studies, however, suggest a half life up to 1.6 hours. In a 2002 issue of J Pharm Exper Therapeutics,[37] Dr. Marier reported that rats given a single oral dose of 50 mg/kg body weight initially experienced a rapid drop in serum resveratrol levels: the half life, or T1/2, of the drug was found to be 8 minutes, meaning that blood levels had dropped to half of peak by that time. However, detectable levels of the drug remained for 12 hours, probably due to enterohepatic recirculation—that it, a release of stored resveratrol from liver tissue, yielding an overall half life of between 1.3 and 1.6 hours.[38] It is expected that chemically modified resveratrol-like molecules (drugs) will have a longer half-life and thus more potency.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so should I pop 1 100mg ever 1.5 hrs instead to get my 1g a day?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well damn, I just found this

[edit] Metabolism
In humans resveratrol rapidly undergoes phase II conjugation, both glucuronidation and sulphation at multiple sites on the molecule. The effect of conjugation on efficacy is debated.[35][36] The pharmacokinetics of resveratrol metabolism have not been investigated in humans. Rat studies, however, suggest a half life up to 1.6 hours. In a 2002 issue of J Pharm Exper Therapeutics,[37] Dr. Marier reported that rats given a single oral dose of 50 mg/kg body weight initially experienced a rapid drop in serum resveratrol levels: the half life, or T1/2, of the drug was found to be 8 minutes, meaning that blood levels had dropped to half of peak by that time. However, detectable levels of the drug remained for 12 hours, probably due to enterohepatic recirculation—that it, a release of stored resveratrol from liver tissue, yielding an overall half life of between 1.3 and 1.6 hours.[38] It is expected that chemically modified resveratrol-like molecules (drugs) will have a longer half-life and thus more potency.
Quercetin and piperine also undergo sulphation and glucuronidation, which is the theory behind supplementing these along side the Res. Take out the enzymes responsible for it's degradation and you have a longer acting product.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quercetin and piperine also undergo sulphation and glucuronidation, which is the theory behind supplementing these along side the Res. Take out the enzymes responsible for it's degradation and you have a longer acting product.
True. maybe I'll do 1g raw 50% at nite pre bed, and then try and take a cap every 1.5-2 hrs during the day anyhow, plus add quercetin. I hope the grocery store has it in their vitamin section.